Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

GLaDOS

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry, no Tron, Chevrolet.

1223110523.jpg

Will it be Tron-esque? A few small print elements but that's about it. Lee and I chatted a little last night about this. The ride will stay relatively the same. The queue, preshow and postshow will be the major overhaul. New costumes are coming too.

Test Track will close after the Easter rush and "set" open September 21st. (The small time window should be enough to tell you it's no major reworking of the actual ride.)

:wave:

So the inside is going to stay the same boring, empty, sterile environment?

Good to know I don't need to get excited for the reopening.

zweltar

Test Track will close after the Easter rush and "set" open September 21st. (The small time window should be enough to tell you it's no major reworking of the actual ride.)

If these are the dates, oh man is Soarin' gonna be slammed this summer! There isn't really another ride to draw crowds at Epcot... Ugh.

novawildcat18

I don't see how you guys don't like this ride the way it is. I mean, the pre-show video is very old but that's literally the only thing I would change. I like the queue and I love the ride. I don't see what's wrong with it.

Flight Safety

Repeating my above post...

In calling "shenanigans", are you asserting that you believe that:

a. wdw71fan is lying and does not believe his prediction, but is just screwing with us?
b. wdw71fan is making a bold prediction that he has little basis for?
c. wdw71fan has been fed false information, such that, even thought wdw71fan believes it, the person who fed him the informaiton does not?
d. wdw71fan is correct that people are considering this, but you believe they will change their minds before a green light is given?
e. something else.

I'm with you in that I'd be surprised at a full-blown Tron redo of Test Track, but there's plenty of situations where an attraction sponsor had virtually no obivous tie to an attraction. Pepsi and It's a Small World. RCA and Space Mountain. HP/Compaq and Mission:Space. M&Ms and Star Tours. Energizer and Star Tours. IBM and Star Tours (Paris).

f. All of the above? :rolleyes:
This!

Big problem is GM won't go for any of the Tron stuff. GM sponsors TT simply to be an advertisement for their divisions. A rehab has to be done if nothing else to make sure old brands that don't exist any more are removed. I'm thinking many of you will be disappointed in TT after a rehab, I'll bet not much more than an update.

You do realize the government still owns 26% of GM and the UAW is stuck with a bunch of stock, you really think GM will throw around money on something that doesn't advertise their cars and trucks??? I would love to see Tron but it's not going to happen. This is a company that paid a bunch to get their vehicles in Transformers as a sales tool. Their sales efforts are straight forward.
And This!

:cool:

dave&di

Will it be Tron-esque? A few small print elements but that's about it. Lee and I chatted a little last night about this. The ride will stay relatively the same. The queue, preshow and postshow will be the major overhaul. New costumes are coming too.

I've been on edge for months waiting for a confirmation of the re-opening date, I'm there from the 3rd - 12th Sept. I leave Orlando for the Gulf Coast on the 20th! TT was my favourite attraction. :cry:

ryanduggers

I like the Stripes reference, and I expected the non-answer. But I am truly interested in whether you believe the OP is lying to us or just believe he is misinformed.

I rode it last week, and he seems misinformed. Why would cash-strapped GM replace their cars 2 months before changing the theme?

Maybe TRON-ish elements like Lee says. An ultra-modern look would be cool, but full TRON, not a chance.

my 2 cents.

Horizonsfan

1223110523.jpg

Thanks for the image! They aren't seriously going to have the pavilion's sign be a chevy logo are they?

I'm kind of surprised the ride itself isn't going to change that much. It seemed like for quite a while, many were confident that most everything but the track was going to change. Was that all just unsubstantiated rumor or did plans change?

Hopefully the pre-show is something more resembling the Transcenter and less-so your local Chevy car dealer.

The Empress Lilly

I don't see how you guys don't like this ride the way it is. I mean, the pre-show video is very old but that's literally the only thing I would change. I like the queue and I love the ride. I don't see what's wrong with it.
There's no 'wrong or right'. Me, I hate TT for being loud, obnoxious, agressive and deliberately ugly. To you, these very elements may mean excitement.

I also think Living with the Land is the most thrilling and exciting ride on the face of the planet and I struggle not to jump out of the boat to live there permanently. To others, the ride is a complete bore. :snore:

To each his own!

I you like TT, then I hope they leave intact the elements of the ride that make you enjoy it. :wave:

NoChesterHester

There's no 'wrong or right'. Me, I hate TT for being loud, obnoxious, agressive and deliberately ugly. To you, these very elements may mean excitement.

I also think Living with the Land is the most thrilling and exciting ride on the face of the planet and I struggle not to jump out of the boat to live there permanently. To others, the ride is a complete bore. :snore:

To each his own!

I you like TT, then I hope they leave intact the elements of the ride that make you enjoy it. :wave:

Good post. Civility.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've been on edge for months waiting for a confirmation of the re-opening date, I'm there from the 3rd - 12th Sept. I leave Orlando for the Gulf Coast on the 20th! TT was my favourite attraction. :cry:

I'm afraid you may be disappointed. Expect on a reopening to be plugged around a certain celebration, give or take a few days.

There should be plenty to look at once it reopens ;-)

raven

Thanks for the image! They aren't seriously going to have the pavilion's sign be a chevy logo are they?

This is simply a patch design that will be on the arm of the new costumes. Not sure yet if they plan to use the shape as the official logo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom