Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
To each his own but the post show is the area that needs the most work IMO. Outside the first section, it has all the appeal and charm of the local car dealership. If there's anything I'd like to see completely gutted and brought closer to WOM, it'd be that.

More of a cross between a dealership and a small auto show, but that is what it was intended to be. Useless and unfun to me, but my kids still like climbing in the cars and watching curtains open and close. It's unambitious and blatantly commercial, but it hits exactly the mark they were shooting for. Let's hope they shoot for more this time around.

GLaDOS

To each his own but the post show is the area that needs the most work IMO. Outside the first section, it has all the appeal and charm of the local car dealership. If there's anything I'd like to see completely gutted and brought closer to WOM, it'd be that.

Yea. I didn't realize a car dealership counted as a "show".

jakeman

Good thing the original WoM didn't have a car dealership like post-show

Oh...wait...

transshowroom.jpg

Never mind.

Alektronic

Some tidbits I heard from friends working over there..

No more GM, not even a mention of it anymore, everything will be replaced by Chevrolet, sponsored by, presented by, all signage everything.

Queue, preshow, postshow, everything totally gutted. Everything will be a new design.

Postshow will close as early as March, ride closes after Easter.

All vehicles will get a new look, totally new graphics package, hasn't been decided on yet, just some test vehicles so far.

Queue and preshow will be talking about vehicle designs and customizing. Sounds like there will be lots and lots of computers so people can design or customize their own auto (Chevrolet, of course) and maybe somehow interact with it on the ride? Not a lot of details right now.

Admiral01

Premium Member

No more GM, not even a mention of it anymore, everything will be replaced by Chevrolet, sponsored by, presented by, all signage everything.

Queue, preshow, postshow, everything totally gutted. Everything will be a new design.

All vehicles will get a new look, totally new graphics package, hasn't been decided on yet, just some test vehicles so far.

Queue and preshow will be talking about vehicle designs and customizing. Sounds like there will be lots and lots of computers so people can design or customize their own auto (Chevrolet, of course) and maybe somehow interact with it on the ride? Not a lot of details right now.

We all do realize that Chervrolet is a GM brand, right? I assume we do, but I've had that conversation with many people: "I hate GM, but I love Chevy..." to which I have to respond that Chevy is just one of GM's brands...

Admiral01

Premium Member
Good thing the original WoM didn't have a car dealership like post-show

Oh...wait...

transshowroom.jpg

Never mind.

I actually enjoy being able to walk through the cars at the end of WoM/TT and look at them all in a brief manner in the setting of EPCOT. I sat in my first Chevy Volt at TT last October. I was actually really excited. No need to visit a dealership to experience the now and near-future of GM cars...because they are at EPCOT. I would love for GM to send more concept cars to EPCOT so we could actually sit inside them.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I wonder...back in the World of Motion days, the ride closed with an effect where you could look at yourself in a "mirror" that made it look like you were in a futuristic-looking vehicle. Perhaps bring that effect back, only it's the vehicle that you designed yourself while in the queue? It was hinted that there would be some elements that are World of Motion-esque.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
We all do realize that Chervrolet is a GM brand, right? I assume we do, but I've had that conversation with many people: "I hate GM, but I love Chevy..." to which I have to respond that Chevy is just one of GM's brands...

I grew up in the Detroit area, so that sounds like one of the least informed things anybody could ever say. :lol:

I actually enjoy being able to walk through the cars at the end of WoM/TT and look at them all in a brief manner in the setting of EPCOT. I sat in my first Chevy Volt at TT last October. I was actually really excited. No need to visit a dealership to experience the now and near-future of GM cars...because they are at EPCOT. I would love for GM to send more concept cars to EPCOT so we could actually sit inside them.

Showing off concept cars would a lot better concept for a post-show in FUTURE WORLD than showing off current cars. But I'm hoping for something better...just a car-themed playground would be better than what they have now!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
As long as they don't get rid of the HELLO between load and the seatbelt check. That gets stuck in my head more than mine, mine, mine!

HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!

Lee

Adventurer

Yes. Sounds right.
Quoted for accuracy.

raven

All that and a box of chocolates. :)

This is just a small part of the NGE project.

Horizonsfan

All that and a box of chocolates. :)

This is just a small part of the NGE project.

Sounds like good and a proper change for a popular 10+ yr old pavilion.

A question for our insiders, what part of the project (preshow, postshow, queue) looks to be the best improvement from the standpoint of fans?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom