Temporary Huggles

dandaman

figmentmom said:
Then I must be really talented, because I have done the same thing. :lol:

Back to work tomorrow for me!

I've never actually burned anything. I have a good record so far.

Yet, I put an Aero Chunky in the microwave for about 5 seconds, 7 years ago, not knowing that was a tinfoil wrapper... :lookaroun

Uponastar

dandaman said:

Yet, I put an Aero Chunky in the microwave for about 5 seconds, 7 years ago, not knowing that was a tinfoil wrapper... :lookaroun

Oh,oh!
By the way, what's an Aero Chunky?

figmentmom

dandaman said:

Hee hee...I left a fork in ours for about 10 seconds on "high" (until I figured out what all those sparks were about)...

speck76

tigsmom said:
How did you manage that?

Well.....I was roasting Pork Chops for dinner

I was making cooked carrots and brown rice for the sides.

I had the pork chops in the oven for about 15 minutes.....I figured they would take 25 minutes to cook. At 15 minutes, I took their temp, and they were already 140º....I usually cook pork to around 147º....so I was way behind schedule on the rice, which needed 10 minutes to cook.....I had not even turned the heat on yet.

Well, I turned the burner on high to get them to boil fast, but then Speck needed a quick walk....so when I can back upstairs, the rice had been boiling for a few minutes.

It still turned out ok....but not great. The pork, as it cooked faster than I thought it would, was a bit too dry....it cooked to about 155º.

The carrots were fine.

speck76

Uponastar said:
Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Sorry about your dinner! Might I suggest calling out for Chinese?

one of my goals for this year is to eat out less, in an attempt to get a little more healthy

tigsmom

speck76 said:
Well.....I was roasting Pork Chops for dinner

I was making cooked carrots and brown rice for the sides.

I had the pork chops in the oven for about 15 minutes.....I figured they would take 25 minutes to cook. At 15 minutes, I took their temp, and they were already 140º....I usually cook pork to around 147º....so I was way behind schedule on the rice, which needed 10 minutes to cook.....I had not even turned the heat on yet.

Well, I turned the burner on high to get them to boil fast, but then Speck needed a quick walk....so when I can back upstairs, the rice had been boiling for a few minutes.

It still turned out ok....but not great. The pork, as it cooked faster than I thought it would, was a bit too dry....it cooked to about 155º.

The carrots were fine.

And still better than some guys could cook, I'm sure. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom