TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

D Hulk

It might be cool if the track literally slowly progresses downward over the duration of the ride.
Oh my yes! Like a reverse Spaceship Earth. JTTCOTE at DisneySea does this. They use “terravators” in the queue to secretly move guests to the top floor while simulating that they’re instead moving several miles downwards into the Earth! Then the ride continues forever downslope.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
UPDATE

Okay, I can kinda start to feel my brain needing a rest. But I feel like we have a strong amount of the outline done right now. Enough to know that we’re gonna have a substantial main ride through attraction, with room for a gift shop, a play area, and a museum style exhibit.

Only significant detail we didn’t fully decide on was the type of ride system. @D Hulk suggested maybe utilizing a larger ride vehicle similar to train cars, and then I was thinking suspended omnimover. Either way works, but which ever one we decide on will inform the size of each scene, as well as the number of scenes we can have.

I’ll do whatever the team likes best or thinks will be most beneficial to have in place for the later versions of the ride.

Regardless of the ride system, we have the story so we have a solid direction. I’ll wake up early tomorrow to keep going on this, I just need a little rest so I can do my best work.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Lots of great stuff that I will read over more when it is not 3 AM!

But I am loving it so far!

I agree with Hulk about using a train type system. Help make it stand out more compared to the other rides while still feeling very "EPCOT"

I am cool working wherever I am needed. My interests lie more in modern day I think. But honestly would fully be game to help wherever with whatever!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
It seems most of our team is more comfortable in a more modern role and that makes sense. With @D Hulk mostly focused on visual elements this round, I’m kind of the only person actually “on” the 80s team but that is totally okay!! Under the circumstances, I can handle that haha. But could one person join @TwilightZone in the dedicated 90s era?

Okay we’ll do a “train” system. Won’t be like, an actual train on rails, because that wouldn’t fit the FW vibe, but functionally it’ll be like one.

I like the elevator system and I think I wanna use it in spite of The Seas using a similar system. At least ours is legitimately functional. It’s a great way to help break up the queue so it doesn’t get all backed up and nonsensical.

Anticipate a rough layout by around noon or 1:00pm, WDW time. That way everyone else can get started. This is EPCOT so you’re gonna have a lot of actual show scenes to work with, should you choose to keep the same ride system.

D Hulk

Good morning! While Hulk does intend a mostly visual approach this time, Hulk is happy to assist Tegan on Team 80s. Most of my EPCOT knowledge is from reading about the early days, so I actually grasp that era the best. So let me know what parts of the OG pavilion I can help with, writeup-wise, once we have a basic outline.

But first, later today I want to have the first park map completed, for the 80s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom