TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

D Hulk

Although didn't Universe of Energy cover Scenes 1-6? Or is that just the newer version?
I’m kinda with Pi on this one. Having 16+ scenes sounds somewhat excessive, even for 1982 EPCOT Center. But as I said mid-hike, that history of Earth’s formation material could work as a separate attraction...didn’t realize Energy was already that attraction.

What sort of things do we want in the palivion outside of the rides?
My intial thoughts- A restaurant- probs a full service ( mainly because FW is lacking in food options and secondly because we're taking Seas over)
Rock candy sounds good, Also those chocolate rocks
Maybe a small section on fossils.
Restaurant idea good. We could serve food grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil...if that’s not too similar to what goes on in The Land. Not sure what the restaurant’s setting would be.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I’m kinda with Pi on this one. Having 16+ scenes sounds somewhat excessive, even for 1982 EPCOT Center. But as I said mid-hike, that history of Earth’s formation material could work as a separate attraction...didn’t realize Energy was already that attraction.

Restaurant idea good. We could serve food grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil...if that’s not too similar to what goes on in The Land. Not sure what the restaurant’s setting would be.
Well, Energy doesn’t really deal with it extensively. Especially not in 1982. Energy deals with the formation of fossil fuels and the future of,..well, energy. But there’s some overlap.

I think 16 scenes is about on par with Horizons, but a lot of them are very short. 12 is probably a safe number. Seems about right. I can compartmentalize the first section for sure!!

Also,... I think we have enough rock solid (I couldn’t help myself) to have a basic, generalized floor plan.

41875098-545A-4934-8A9F-365C2D6555D2.jpeg

300’ x 425’
Area to the lower left is the post show area. Plenty of space for whatever we wanna do. Larger area is for the ride.

As far as the restaurant goes, yeahhhh that idea is kinda similar to what they do at The Land. They grow food in the greenhouses you see on the boat ride and then serve it in restaurants throughout EPCOT Center, making The Land by far the best EPCOT Center pavilion.

I’m all for a quick service location if we can come up with the right gimmick.

Shannoninthemagic

Well, Energy doesn’t really deal with it extensively. Especially not in 1982. Energy deals with the formation of fossil fuels and the future of,..well, energy. But there’s some overlap.

I think 16 scenes is about on par with Horizons, but a lot of them are very short. 12 is probably a safe number. Seems about right. I can compartmentalize the first section for sure!!

Also,... I think we have enough rock solid (I couldn’t help myself) to have a basic, generalized floor plan.

View attachment 541478
300’ x 425’
Area to the lower left is the post show area. Plenty of space for whatever we wanna do. Larger area is for the ride.

As far as the restaurant goes, yeahhhh that idea is kinda similar to what they do at The Land. They grow food in the greenhouses you see on the boat ride and then serve it in restaurants throughout EPCOT Center, making The Land by far the best EPCOT Center pavilion.

I’m all for a quick service location if we can come up with the right gimmick.
Was not thinking about having it double the Land, but I do agree that we need some sort of food situation in the pavilon
Heres something I found that is cooking with rocks
Maybe an open/viewable kitchen area regardless if quick service or full service

Shannoninthemagic

Was not thinking about having it double the Land, but I do agree that we need some sort of food situation in the pavilon
Heres something I found that is cooking with rocks
Maybe an open/viewable kitchen area regardless if quick service or full service
And /or foragable foods.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Okay. Condensed some things down.

SCENE 1: A large curved screen shows an illustrated look at early Earth being bombarded with comets. This is the main source for the young planet’s water supply. (LEFT)

SCENE 2: A massive globe is seen covered in a blanket of blue and white, representing the ice age. (RIGHT)

SCENE 3: Glacier sheets are seen receding over North America, carving out the Great Lakes and other bodies of fresh water. This is very important to humans. (LEFT)

SCENE 4: A massive simulated ocean environment. Sea life is everywhere. The track passes right through what could be the Mariana Trench. (CENTER)

SCENE 5: A gorgeous shimmering limestone cave, covered with stalagmites. Used to introduce various rocks and minerals. (LEFT)

SCENE 6: A narrow tunnel through a portion of crust, showing the formation of diamonds over time. Starting with lumps of carbon and ending with the pure gems themselves. (CENTER)

SCENE 7: A massive rock quarry scene. The land now covered with mechanical beasts. (RIGHT)

SCENE 8: A warm room, coated in red and orange. Representing a magma chamber. (CENTER)

SCENE 9: Multiple overhead screens show volcanic eruptions, surrounding a main screen that illustrates how volcanoes work via animated cross section. The track then circles a massive model volcano under a starry night sky. (CENTER)

SCENE 10: Two ancient land masses are seen below, slowly being pulled apart. Above is a screen showing an illustration of the continents separating. Used to introduce plate tectonics and earthquakes. (RIGHT)

SCENE 11: Through the mantle, where convection currents are represented by numerous half circles forming archways over the track. These convection currents drive the plate tectonics on the surface. This process helps regulate the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and also allows nutrients locked away in mountains to become useful. (CENTER)

SCENE 12: Into the liquid outer core, represented by large bubbles of some indescribable material circling around the track at fluctuating speeds. Electric currents in the outer core along with the rotation of the planet creates the Earth’s magnetic field, which protests the surface from solar winds, allowing life to flourish. (CENTER)

SCENE 13: Ascending back to the surface, the vehicles pass multiple smaller dioramas on either side of the track, showing modern industry harvesting the various resources found beneath the surface. (CENTER)

If this is cool, I’ll start working on an actual detailed floor plan.

D Hulk

Okay. Condensed some things down.

SCENE 1: A large curved screen shows an illustrated look at early Earth being bombarded with comets. This is the main source for the young planet’s water supply. (LEFT)

SCENE 2: A massive globe is seen covered in a blanket of blue and white, representing the ice age. (RIGHT)

SCENE 3: Glacier sheets are seen receding over North America, carving out the Great Lakes and other bodies of fresh water. This is very important to humans. (LEFT)

SCENE 4: A massive simulated ocean environment. Sea life is everywhere. The track passes right through what could be the Mariana Trench. (CENTER)

SCENE 5: A gorgeous shimmering limestone cave, covered with stalagmites. Used to introduce various rocks and minerals. (LEFT)

SCENE 6: A narrow tunnel through a portion of crust, showing the formation of diamonds over time. Starting with lumps of carbon and ending with the pure gems themselves. (CENTER)

SCENE 7: A massive rock quarry scene. The land now covered with mechanical beasts. (RIGHT)

SCENE 8: A warm room, coated in red and orange. Representing a magma chamber. (CENTER)

SCENE 9: Multiple overhead screens show volcanic eruptions, surrounding a main screen that illustrates how volcanoes work via animated cross section. The track then circles a massive model volcano under a starry night sky. (CENTER)

SCENE 10: Two ancient land masses are seen below, slowly being pulled apart. Above is a screen showing an illustration of the continents separating. Used to introduce plate tectonics and earthquakes. (RIGHT)

SCENE 11: Through the mantle, where convection currents are represented by numerous half circles forming archways over the track. These convection currents drive the plate tectonics on the surface. This process helps regulate the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and also allows nutrients locked away in mountains to become useful. (CENTER)

SCENE 12: Into the liquid outer core, represented by large bubbles of some indescribable material circling around the track at fluctuating speeds. Electric currents in the outer core along with the rotation of the planet creates the Earth’s magnetic field, which protests the surface from solar winds, allowing life to flourish. (CENTER)

SCENE 13: Ascending back to the surface, the vehicles pass multiple smaller dioramas on either side of the track, showing modern industry harvesting the various resources found beneath the surface. (CENTER)

If this is cool, I’ll start working on an actual detailed floor plan.
It’s so cool. Regarding floor plan, any point in planning around possible future expansions? Like, flipping the ride & exhibit space from your earlier map.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
It’s so cool. Regarding floor plan, any point in planning around possible future expansions? Like, flipping the ride & exhibit space from your earlier map.
Hmmmmmm.
It’s so funny trying to think about these things this way. Because the original FW designs did not have future pavilion expansion in mind when they were designed and built. Except for Communicore. That was gonna get a WedWay and everything.

The most realistic thing to do would be for them to just gut the interior of the building, except for maybe the ride system itself.

I don’t mind doing it in a more practical way, I’m just thinking about it as realistically as possible. I can’t help it, it’s EPCOT 😂😂😂

D Hulk

Hmmmmmm.
It’s so funny trying to think about these things this way. Because the original FW designs did not have future pavilion expansion in mind when they were designed and built. Except for Communicore. That was gonna get a WedWay and everything.

The most realistic thing to do would be for them to just gut the interior of the building, except for maybe the ride system itself.

I don’t mind doing it in a more practical way, I’m just thinking about it as realistically as possible. I can’t help it, it’s EPCOT 😂😂😂
That’s what’s so wacky about this challenge. We’re going against certain Imagineering instincts to also fit the park’s historical narrative.

In a way it makes the most sense for Team Eighties to work wholly independent (but quickly), and like a game of telephone Team Eisner and Team Chapek can do with our final result as they please. Maybe the Horizons sinkhole will kill our pavilion and they can start more or less from scratch!

That’s why I’m happy in 80s EPCOT. The theme was pure. Present Epcot seems to be serving three different masters at once (commerce, art, guest demands), and doing none of them total justice.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
That’s what’s so wacky about this challenge. We’re going against certain Imagineering instincts to also fit the park’s historical narrative.

In a way it makes the most sense for Team Eighties to work wholly independent (but quickly), and like a game of telephone Team Eisner and Team Chapek can do with our final result as they please. Maybe the Horizons sinkhole will kill our pavilion and they can start more or less from scratch!

That’s why I’m happy in 80s EPCOT. The theme was pure. Present Epcot seems to be serving three different masters at once (commerce, art, guest demands), and doing none of them total justice.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
THIS THIS THIS THIS
THIS!!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Yeah. I’m about that plan. Shall we get version 1.0 finished tonight?

Other teammates, don’t hesitate to be working on your ideas.

D Hulk

Yeah. I’m about that plan. Shall we get version 1.0 finished tonight?

Other teammates, don’t hesitate to be working on your ideas.
Yeah, let’s do that! You and I will get an outline version of the 1982 pavilion done tonight. I’ll hold off on more map images (turns out they’re fast to make) until later eras are more defined.

How shall we divide this? You tackle everything up through the ride, and I’ll handle everything after the ride?

D Hulk

I’ll help out on team 90s-2000s if wanted
Something you could do for Team Eighties even, if you’d like, is create a mascot. Something to rival Figment or Buzzy, to help with the “tainment” part of our “edutainment” mission.

Similarly, @Homemade Imagineering or @Shannoninthemagic, any interest in creating like a Sherman Brothers style song?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Yeah, let’s do that! You and I will get an outline version of the 1982 pavilion done tonight. I’ll hold off on more map images (turns out they’re fast to make) until later eras are more defined.

How shall we divide this? You tackle everything up through the ride, and I’ll handle everything after the ride?
Yeah! Okay! That sounds good!!
I’m getting this floor plan done. Won’t take me that long. And then I’ll do the actual ride write up.
You have a lot of space to work with in the post show. I just posted an updated reference photo.
At its longest point that space is 225’ and it’s over 150’ up to the exit doors. So lots and lots of room! That’s what we love about EPCOT!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom