Team Durango Brainstorming Thread - Project Three: Animation Domination

CookieMouse

So everyone definitely seems to know Hanna-Barbera as a studio, but I'd be interested in hearing exactly what properties they know from the studio, because there are quite a few in there.

Out of the ones that have garnered some traction, I really do like the idea of He-Man personally, but if it becomes an issue where some teammates aren't familiar or comfortable enough to run with it, then we can always choose something else.

But really, I think we debate a bit more on the IP we're going to choose rather than the studio itself, but it's up to your discretion, so whatever you think we should do
I want to do a battle for bikini bottom screen based interactive dark ride. You would ride on a modified version of the patty wagon from the spongebob movie. It would be able to spray ketchup and mustard from nozzles. Think of toy story mania but with spongebob characters. There would also be more physical sets and animatronics, as well as an actual storyline. If not that, then a dexters lab themed dark ride or a indoor wild mouse coaster. @TheOriginalTiki, Are we allowed use elements from later parts of the series, as long as the series proper started Before 2000?

Last edited:

goofyyukyuk

I want to do a battle for bikini bottom screen based interactive dark ride. You would ride on a modified version of the patty wagon from the spongebob movie. It would be able to spray ketchup and mustard from nozzles. Think of toy story mania but with spongebob characters. There would also be more physical sets and animatronics, as well as an actual storyline. If not that, then a dexters lab themed dark ride or a indoor wild mouse coaster. @TheOriginalTiki, Are we allowed use elements from later parts of the series, as long as the series proper started Before 2000?
I’m interested by Dexter, but again, I think IPs like Spongebob, DuckTales, etc are really obvious and will lose us creativity points tbh.

goofyyukyuk

I just had an idea that I think is out of the box enough to work maybe? How about Speed Racer? That’s an animated series that I think everyone knows a little bit about. We could make it a trackless ride that doesn’t have to be fast paced for the most part, but it could accelerate briefly at some points. Any thoughts?

CookieMouse

I just had an idea that I think is out of the box enough to work maybe? How about Speed Racer? That’s an animated series that I think everyone knows a little bit about. We could make it a trackless ride that doesn’t have to be fast paced for the most part, but it could accelerate briefly at some points. Any thoughts?
I have no knowledge of the show aside from one time I got a speed racer birthday card. I’m really pushing for a dexters lab wild mouse coaster. you go through dexters house, into his bedroom, and enter his secret lab, and then board the coaster. I think a wild mouse is more of a d ticket than a e ticket imo.

goofyyukyuk

As far as speed racer goes, it’s not super complicated... it’s basically racing with a few key characters... if we wanted, we could even simulate the cars going faster with blurry projections on the walls/wind effects

goofyyukyuk

It is a dark ride. Coasters can be dark rides too. What about escape from gringotts, or Exterminator from Kennywood? My ride would be indoors. I’ll make a mock-up in planet coaster.
The prompt says it’s supposed to be a D ticket at most... those kind of attractions are E tickets... dark rides are almost always seen as rides like Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, etc because roller coaster is a separate, almost always E ticket, attraction.

CookieMouse

The prompt says it’s supposed to be a D ticket at most... those kind of attractions are E tickets... dark rides are almost always seen as rides like Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, etc because roller coaster is a separate, almost always E ticket, attraction.
Okay, if we are going to go the dexters lab route, how about a more traditional dark ride? I feel like dexters lab would be much Easier to translate into a theme park attraction while still being a very creative choice. You enter the lab, and dee dee screws something up.

goofyyukyuk

I guess it depends on what everyone else is thinking... I’m not really familiar with Dexter’s Lab and I don’t remember anyone else saying they felt familiar with it, so we’ll see what other people think

Disneylover152

The prompt says D-ticket at most, I feel like we should go in a Roger Rabbit route at most. I feel once you start adding screens or interactive elements it changes to an E-Ticket unless you do it perfectly like Buzz. But I personally consider rides like TSMM to be E-tickets.

Disneylover152

Great job everyone! So if I'm our PM for this one, I think we need to have a theme and a storyline for our ride by the end of Monday so that we have 3 full days before the due date to work on our individual projects... so do we want to narrow it down to a specific studio or just jump right in and decide on an IP?

I know I'm not the PM for this one, but I feel like we should figure out the property and the general idea of the ride by tonight. Then tomorrow we can come up with the ride plot and storyline.

goofyyukyuk

Does anybody else have any ideas for the IP to use or any reasons to not use any of the ideas mentioned? If not, then go ahead and throw out the one IP you’re voting for and we’ll go from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom