Tangled restrooms opening date

juniorthomas

Theming where people wouldn't expect theming, but also where I wouldn't expect the theme. Until they put some trees/something there, it's quite jarring to see Rapunzel running around next to the Haunted Mansion. Unless she's a ghost?

At the same time, though, you wouldn't expect to see a western gold mine near Tom Sawyer's Island near New England.

djlaosc

Am I missing something here? These are restrooms correct? Most of Disney is visually stimulating and the details are incredible, but unless Rapunzel is going to swing from the tower by her hair and hand me toilet paper, I just don't understand all the excitement centered around a restroom.

Because there's nothing else to get excited about?

And most of the exitement seems to be sarcastic!

cba

Sorry I'm late on this thread, but I want to post here. Let me just say, at least this is more exciting than new park benches added. And considering these are supposed to be "so amazing" I guess we're supposed to be excited. But I really want to be excited about something else like Star Wars land.

Genie of the Lamp

I can just see it now with Phil Holmes and his pearly whites yelling up to Rapunzel's tower "Rapunzel Rapunzel let down your hair";) ! Then strands of her hair comes down and Phil puts his pants on the ground (larry plat singing background) and goes to the snuggly duckling themed mens room.

Ignohippo

You've got 11 pages of people going back and forth on that topic you can read to catch up. :D Seriously though... these are more than just restrooms in the sense that they are also going to feature the new recharging stations for both humans and their devices. Greater though is the fact that Disney is finally putting this much detail into the little things like they always used to. That's the reason you'll see many excited. It's not excitement at the actual restrooms themselves so much as it is excitement to see them putting that much thought and detail into even the smallest things.

It's ludicrous. I know I'm going to come off like the biggest malcontent in the world, but, while this will be an incredible addition to the MK, I can't help but think about how much better the money for this project could have been used.

Knowing Imagineering, this is a $50 mil + addition. Can we get an updated Imagination? No. Can we get a Bug's Life makeover for the HISTK playground? No. MI Coaster? No. Working Yeti? HD film of Philharmagic? Star Wars additions? No. No. And no. How about just adding the Repunzel M&G to it? No way. But can we get a really beautifully-themed place to take a dump? Heck yeah.

IMO, it's even more crazy when you think it's right across from Peter Pan, yet the Fairies are in Adventureland. This would had been the perfect place for Pixie Hollow. I'm sure the Repunzel tower could have fit very well someplace in the new FLE (especially the west corner of the SWMT - across from the entrance to CircusLand).

dupac

Personally' I think our reaction to this should be more like "That's good. Now what?" Because these are bathrooms.... You'll convince TDO all they need to do to please us is slap down some well themed areas around the parks. Next you'll be seeing elaborate QS locations. And still no new offerings in terms of entertainment.

Unless you really enjoy toilets.

I am, however, thoroughly entertained by all the potty jokes. :D

ExtinctJenn

Personally' I think our reaction to this should be more like "That's good. Now what?" Because these are bathrooms.... You'll convince TDO all they need to do to please us is slap down some well themed areas around the parks. Next you'll be seeing elaborate QS locations. And still no new offerings in terms of entertainment.
That implies that TDO actually cares what we all think though. I don't think checking to see how much attention the restrooms are getting on forums etc. is on their agenda and even if it was, I doubt they're going to come out of it saying "Well gee let's do some more of that!" LOL :D

Weather_Lady

That implies that TDO actually cares what we all think though. I don't think checking to see how much attention the restrooms are getting on forums etc. is on their agenda and even if it was, I doubt they're going to come out of it saying "Well gee let's do some more of that!" LOL :D

I thought the Tangled restroom project WAS a direct response to these forums. Someone figured, "whatever we do, they're going to crap all over it, so we might as well build something for that purpose." ;) (teehee)

ExtinctJenn

Last pics I saw of this were from 2/17 and it didn't look like the landscaping etc. was anywhere near ready. Anyone have recent shots and/or know if they are still on track to have this done by end of next week?

JLipnick

I for one am excited for this to open, but not for what they have built. I am excited that the bottleneck will soon be gone. that section between FantL and FrontL is awful. we were there in January and got stuck for probably 5 minutes due to the huge bottleneck. they needed cast members to direct traffic. it was almost dangerous at night. If you let go of your child's hand, they were gone. So while i do like more theming and more water features, I am most thankful they will be clearing up that dang bottleneck!

Genie of the Lamp

Wonder how long the Imagineer potty breaks lasted? Maybe they should put up Peter Pan stickers for the urinals/stalls indicating you have to go #1 and Winnie the Pooh stickers indicating that you have to go #2. Put the plus ones next to the characters indicating that they Fastpass+ this and have an emergency to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom