Tangled restrooms opening date

lobelia

I like the change. My favorite part is the walkway to Haunted Mansion. I love the area for stroller parking. My priorities on having a lovely trip to WDW....not getting hit by strollers and having room to walk without being bumped. I could care less about the Tangled theme, but the addition of a walkway, seating, and green space is a plus. I will get to see it soon too. I'll be there during the crazy days of public school spring break, as PhotoDave219 pointed out in one of the thread discussions, so it will be appreciated to have some extra breathing room. Have I mentioned my feelings about strollers parked along a busy pathway........or running into my ankle?

My criticism about the development of this area is the weird tower. Perhaps I should have seen the Tangled movie and it would make sense. Everything else looks fun hearted and pretty but the tower seems disproportionate and grim. Maybe in person it will look better.

This quality of theming definently spotlights the issues with the tournament tent style facades. While I hate to lose a traditional look, it seems cluttered and outdated in Old Fantasy Land now. I also agree Tomorrowland, once one of my favorite areas really needs some attention to its overall theme and flow. Stitches Great Escape is underwhelming and should be replaced. I guess I'm not afraid of change as long as it makes sense.

Lee

Adventurer
We differ on the speedway. My take is still that every five-year-old little boy's dream is to drive a car like the grownups. And here is the only place they can.
No, it's the only place at Disney World where they can.;)
They can do the same thing at almost any Six-Flags or other regional park.

I don't mind if they keep the thing, so long as they update it and re-theme it.

WDW1974

THIS. I love you so much.

tumblr_lmgef0gbes1qhigt0o1_500.gif

One of millions, just stole another heart!:D

Bolna

Rest assured, no pun intended, that only WDW fans (not UNI fans ... not DLR fans ... not DLP fans ... not TDR fans ... not BGW fans etc etc) make such a pile of fetid excitement over toilets.

I guess you missed the excitement among the DLP fans about the Toilets of Terror.:D

However, the excitement was about the design looking like Tower of Terror, so they were taken as a sign that the tower would follow the toilets...

Rhinos Rock!

What? lol

That literally, from day 1, was the design point of the ride. They weren't sitting in a room saying, "We should build a roller coaster! And maybe have some yet thing or something in there. If it breaks or people don't see it, it's not important."

Unbelievable.
The "design point" was a few seconds with a animatronic figure as opposed to the ride itself? Do you also complain about getting wet on Kali? Do you gripe to the Cast Member driving the jeep on the safari if the giraffes don't sing, dance and pose long enough for you? How about those darn hippos that spend so much time underwater? And why isn't Aerosmith themselves performing daily on "their" roller coaster? No real mermaids on Pirates of the Caribbean either. And dagnabit, the Presidents ought to come off the stage and interact with each audience member too. You people would win the Powerball and complain about having to go pick up the check.

Rhinos Rock!

Nothing? You see literally nothing to complain about in the entirety of the four parks, water parks, golf courses, DTD, or resorts? Nothing? There isn't one thing you want to discuss or one choice management has made that you have different ideas about?

Nothing?

Wow. Well your world must be just fantastic to live in.
My world is indeed wonderful and fantastic when I am at WDW. It's why I go there. Why do you go? To go back home and then log in here with your litany of complaints, disappointments and "better" ideas?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The "design point" was a few seconds with a animatronic figure as opposed to the ride itself? Do you also complain about getting wet on Kali? Do you gripe to the Cast Member driving the jeep on the safari if the giraffes don't sing, dance and pose long enough for you? How about those darn hippos that spend so much time underwater? And why isn't Aerosmith themselves performing daily on "their" roller coaster? No real mermaids on Pirates of the Caribbean either. And dagnabit, the Presidents ought to come off the stage and interact with each audience member too. You people would win the Powerball and complain about having to go pick up the check.

Sooooo, we should all spend our hard-earned (or to use your example, won) monies to visit a place where having dysfunctional animatronics and centerpieces of rides are the status quo from Day 1? And simply be accepting of that fact?

Disney can (and should) do better. And not merely on restrooms, stroller parks or places to recharge your cell phone.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I appreciate the passion. There is an argument for why the Yeti being broken is a big deal, since one could claim it is the climax of the ride. I am a fan of climaxes and am saddened when the end of a ride doesn't feature one.

jdmdisney99

No, it's the only place at Disney World where they can.;)
They can do the same thing at almost any Six-Flags or other regional park.

I don't mind if they keep the thing, so long as they update it and re-theme it.
I would expand it over the railroad and back pathway from FL to TL and over to the forested area between SM and the pond.

WDW1974

I think there is plenty to argue that MK is popular enough without a major attraction - but it does need capacity and new things to keep it interesting. My beef is the emphasis is misplaced.

Disney for the last few years on both coasts has shown it's ability to deliver on EXQUISITE ornate detail.. but they continue to miss on delivering actual attractions that resonate with the guests. TLM in MK is a great example... over the top spending on outdoor visuals.. but fails to score big in the actual attraction.

Contrast that with Universal.. spending a pitance on the outside of Transformers in Hollywood.. but delivering a punch in the actual attraction.

It's obviously not an 'either or..' scenario... but Disney has swung too far to the end of 'detail' while missing out on the actual purpose.

Disney has been building bimbos lately... hot on the outside, empty on the inside.

That's a good analogy.

But I'll argue that MK does indeed need a couple of new MAJOR attractions. The last one opened 21 years ago. This is supposed to be the No. 1 park in the world ... and Disney PR used to love to trot out the Waltism about 'not resting on our laurels' when I can simply point out the facts that management this century has largely been resting on laurels of all those greats that came before.

Disney is showing parades from 1972 and 2001 that show that age. They have a stage show that dates back at least 6-7 years. The pyro show is a decade old.

Nothing gets updated (yes, until the very little substance New Fantasyland).

They bulldozed one stage for a parking lot. And another is used as an extra food locale when they offer free dining or during busy periods (yeah, expect the DH to be open for the two weeks around Easter).

Disney has rested on its laurels like Uncle Frank falling asleep on the crapper in the 1990s and waking up in 2013.

Everything about this MK project has been style over substance. That may be fine for simpler, less damanding, less discerning guests. But I've been visiting since (guess when?) and I've spent time in Disney parks and resorts all over the globe. They don't feel stale and tired like WDW's parks do.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
That's a good analogy.

But I'll argue that MK does indeed need a couple of new MAJOR attractions. The last one opened 21 years ago. This is supposed to be the No. 1 park in the world ... and Disney PR used to love to trot out the Waltism about 'not resting on our laurels' when I can simply point out the facts that management this century has largely been resting on laurels of all those greats that came before.

Disney is showing parades from 1972 and 2001 that show that age. They have a stage show that dates back at least 6-7 years. The pyro show is a decade old.

Nothing gets updated (yes, until the very little substance New Fantasyland).

They bulldozed one stage for a parking lot. And another is used as an extra food locale when they offer free dining or during busy periods (yeah, expect the DH to be open for the two weeks around Easter).

Disney has rested on its laurels like Uncle Frank falling asleep on the crapper in the 1990s and waking up in 2013.

Everything about this MK project has been style over substance. That may be fine for simpler, less damanding, less discerning guests. But I've been visiting since (guess when?) and I've spent time in Disney parks and resorts all over the globe. They don't feel stale and tired like WDW's parks do.

Yep. MK needs an E-ticket in a big way. Worse than any park at the World. I still maintain they really didn't understand what the park was lacking when they went the FLE route.

DisneyGuyNYC

• Kali is a water ride. It's promise is to get you wet.
  • Giraffes and hippos are sentient creatures and nobody expects a driver to control them.
  • There was never a promise of Aerosmith playing live for everyone and to expect that would be unreasonable.
  • There is no such thing as a real mermaid so there is no reason anyone would believe they would see one.
  • The Presidents are animitronic and science has not brought us there yet. There was never a promise they would do this by the park.
Most importantly nobody has "won" anything or is being "given" anything. We are paying customers giving lots and lots of money for a product that was promised to us. The yeti is broken and the ride does not work as was promised and intended. It is okay to complain about that.

Would you not send back a meal at a restaurant with a bug in it? Would you not return a sweater with a large hole? Would you not send shoes back to Zappo's that don't fit? If you bought a movie and it was horrible would you not complain?

This is absurd.

DisneyGuyNYC

My world is indeed wonderful and fantastic when I am at WDW. It's why I go there. Why do you go? To go back home and then log in here with your litany of complaints, disappointments and "better" ideas?
I would say having a ride work is objectively better.

I would also point out that I've just told several times that I enjoy Disney and am a huge fan. There are many things I like about it. I have also explained why people discuss things they disagree with instead of raving about what they like. I can both enjoy myself thoroughly there and also have a few complaints and differing opinions. The world is shades of grey. It is possible to love the place and have things about it you don't like.

Why do you think this is an all or nothing situation?

Bolna

Ok, I did look at the pictures and video and I guess I am one of the very few people who don't think the new area is all that great. I will reserve final judgement until after I have seen it in person. I was actually someone who thought this was a project of some importance. After having been conditioned to DLP's Fantasyland I always thought the MK's Fantasyland plain ugly (I have been told it was prettier when subs were still operating, but I saw it for the first time in 2004). So, while I was sorry about the lack of substance of "New" Fantasyland and this project, I still thought that it would at least make the place prettier.

And some areas seem very pretty - the waterfall, even the seating areas. But both toilet buildings look overly cartoony - a style which does not fit at all with the buildings surrounding it. I understand that they tried to recreate the look of the film, but one thing I always admired in the parks was how there was an overall sense of design where everything fit together. They have deviated from that in the past (the Flying Carpets are a prime example), but when they take all the effort like they did for this project, it is just too sad. I think the style of the old abandoned Skyway station was such a better fit...

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's a good analogy.

The earlier comment I was responding to was about the need to add new E-Tickets. My comment was that (IMO) its not lack of major attractions that holds the park back.. but rather the stale nature of the park as a whole combined with the reductions over the years -- which is akin to the items you listed out (like parades, etc).

I personally buy into the idea of working the resort as a whole vs stacking one park vs the others.. so the issue of e-tickets going to other parks vs MK over the last years doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is that the MK hasn't gotten good turnover anywhere in the park.. not that DHS may get an E-ticket while MK doesn't.

I think it's sad that the best 'addition' to the park that resonates with me in recent years has been the castle lights and projection. Meanwhile similar parks have gotten much greater turnover across many dimensions.

Rhinos Rock!

You'd complain about being hung with a new rope as it might chafe your neck. I think the coaster is awesome and a few seconds with a phony Yeti would not up the experience to heights of rapture and bliss. I go to WDW to get away from daily life and activities. Two weeks of awesome fun and fifty weeks of the usual. Last time I ate at the Beach Club buffet I had to wait while people in front of me filled their plates. It was oh so horrible. And why doesn't Test Track not only last for an hour but drop me off right on a seat at Soarin'? And Speedway should let me drive 150 mph and have laser cannons and missile launchers and be elevated so that I can blast those darn people who feel the need to bring STROLLERS into the Magic Kingdom and run off those darn "ferr-i-ners" who talk in funny languages and are singing and "chanting" and doing loud stuff that I don't find appropriate in "my" park. Why oh why doesn't Disney listen to me and do things the way I want? I want a new ride every day, I want a new show every day, I want a new parade every day, I want new fireworks every day and I want all those silly "meet and greets" gone so that I don't have to be around other peoples' brats. And oh yeah, shut down the Epcot Food and Wine Festival too; some people drink too much and annoy me with their behavior. Boo hoo, Boo HOO.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You'd complain about being hung with a new rope as it might chafe your neck. I think the coaster is awesome and a few seconds with a phony Yeti would not up the experience to heights of rapture and bliss. I go to WDW to get away from daily life and activities. Two weeks of awesome fun and fifty weeks of the usual. Last time I ate at the Beach Club buffet I had to wait while people in front of me filled their plates. It was oh so horrible. And why doesn't Test Track not only last for an hour but drop me off right on a seat at Soarin'? And Speedway should let me drive 150 mph and have laser cannons and missile launchers and be elevated so that I can blast those darn people who feel the need to bring STROLLERS into the Magic Kingdom and run off those darn "ferr-i-ners" who talk in funny languages and are singing and "chanting" and doing loud stuff that I don't find appropriate in "my" park. Why oh why doesn't Disney listen to me and do things the way I want? I want a new ride every day, I want a new show every day, I want a new parade every day, I want new fireworks every day and I want all those silly "meet and greets" gone so that I don't have to be around other peoples' brats. And oh yeah, shut down the Epcot Food and Wine Festival too; some people drink too much and annoy me with their behavior. Boo hoo, Boo HOO.
Here comes the freak out....

Wow, you nailed that one.....

And Holy Run-On Sentences, Batman!

DisneyGuyNYC

We're. Allowed. To. Dis. Agree.

It is not unreasonable to have complaints about something you also enjoy and like. It is not all or nothing. Everything is relative. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom