Tangled restrooms opening date

GLaDOS

There has to be a compromise. That Transformer building is hideous - nothing more than an oddly painted Costco. My kids used to make Lego structures which were better looking. And don't even get me started on Rip Ride Rockit.

'Sure, but at the same time they're also beautifying n ugly area of the park and making a new Simpsons Land, and building what will be the grandaddy of all theme park lands in Wizarding World of Harry Potter 2.0. After that they'll move on to adding to Jurassic Park and KidZone, while giving IoA a brand new nighttime spectacular.

One year ago we weren't getting Transformers. 9 months ago construction started on a 100 million dollar E-ticket. And 2 months from now it'll open. A ride that has won countless awards in 11 months. The outside is unfortunately not the best looking out there, though I think its look is better than some give it credit for, especially in person.

But I'd rather have an amazing ride with a mediocre exterior than a mediocre ride with an amazing exterior. Or worse, a mediocre restaurant with an amazing exterior. Both can be found in new Fantasyland, and both took 3 years to build.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
'Sure, but at the same time they're also beautifying n ugly area of the park and making a new Simpsons Land, and building what will be the grandaddy of all theme park lands in Wizarding World of Harry Potter 2.0. After that they'll move on to adding to Jurassic Park and KidZone, while giving IoA a brand new nighttime spectacular.

One year ago we weren't getting Transformers. 9 months ago construction started on a 100 million dollar E-ticket. And 2 months from now it'll open. A ride that has won countless awards in 11 months. The outside is unfortunately not the best looking out there, though I think its look is better than some give it credit for, especially in person.

But I'd rather have an amazing ride with a mediocre exterior than a mediocre ride with an amazing exterior. Or worse, a mediocre restaurant with an amazing exterior. Both can be found in new Fantasyland, and both took 3 years to build.

The show building for Transformers is not good. But, with it's location, I'm not sure what else they could have done with it. The only way to hide a building that size is to set it far back, and build a large themed front. That couldn't be done there. So they are stuck trying to decorate a large square building. Basically an impossible task.

aladdin2007

Whoa whoa whoa. I've lurked on these forums for a very long time, but this statement about cupcakes mandated I register for the forums and join the party. While I understand the intent of the cupcake extension of the bimbo analogy, I must vehemently disagree with the specific implication that the frosting is not the most valuable part of the cupcake. It makes me incredibly sad to watch people scrape off the frosting to focus on the much more boring cake portion of the cupcake. There cannot, nay must not, be a cupcake without all emphasis possible placed on the frosting.

Aside from this pointless comment, I'm looking forward to joining the conversation.

I think you misunderstood somewhat or took it down a different path. I didnt mean the frosting is the most valuable part, but in Disney's eyes it seems to be as they are tending to focus on just pretty frosting, yet not much
sustenance within...as stated in other posts by others on here the focus is on the outward and lacking inward, example TLM etc, beautiful outside but the ride itself doesnt live up to it. I dont think getting vehemently is really necessary here, just a discussion of comparing contrasting going on.

GLaDOS

The show building for Transformers is not good. But, with it's location, I'm not sure what else they could have done with it. The only way to hide a building that size is to set it far back, and build a large themed front. That couldn't be done there. So they are stuck trying to decorate a large square building. Basically an impossible task.

It's not good, but I don't think it's the ugliest thing on the planet that most people seem to be implying.

DisneyGuyNYC

THIS! THIS! What are people not getting?! Yes you can be happy that they built something and still be upset with how long it took, the choices they made, and the opportunities lost.

Rhinos Rock!

Criticism is going to happen. It's all relative. Would you like a board where people are just raving for years, endlessly, about HOW GREAT STITCH'S GREAT ESCAPE IS OMG? Is that what you want?

The biggest fans of anything will always be the toughest critics. That's how it works with anything. Go to any fan board about anything. Nobody takes time to discuss the things they like and the things that are working because it goes without saying and to us it should ALL be working like that.

It sad that this is frustrating you so much, honestly. If you wanna live blindly thrilled forever by things you've seen for over a decade then go right ahead... there just isn't anything to discuss there.

Disney World has huge problems and they've got worse recently. We're it's biggest and loudest and MOST LOYAL fans (and I'm sure would defend it to the death to anyone truly trying to knock it in real life) so of course we're going to want the BEST for it and for us! We all don't work there and don't have any real power over the place (for the most part) so the most we can do is discuss the issues and vent to others. What value would there be in all sitting around and agreeing that we love it all blindly and think it's perfect? Why would anyone do that? We all already know that we passionately love the place and think much of it is fabulous. So we don't need to discuss it. That's why you don't see us discussing it a lot and much of what you do see is other things: news, reviews, ideas, opinions, and yes CRITICISM.

Nobody is asking for perfection but we all have our own different issues we'd like to see addressed.
Sorry, I see nothing to criticize or complain about. It's WDW, my favorite place in the world. I refuse to go there and come back miserable because I concentrated on chipped paint, a loud tour group or a dinosaur that didn't move as well as "I think it should". Let alone a "broken Yeti". It's a roller coaster not an actual trip to Asia to look for the darn beast.
And whereas I enjoyed the Alien attraction back in the day, I think that Stitch is hilarious and more than enjoyable in its own right.
For the past 35 years I've worked in a field that has undergone massive technologic changes (hospital laboratory medicine). I work with far too many people who hate, and constantly complain, about "change" and who daily pine for "the old days". I am not going to go to WDW on vacation and act like that.

GLaDOS

Let alone a "broken Yeti". It's a roller coaster not an actual trip to Asia to look for the darn beast.

What? lol

That literally, from day 1, was the design point of the ride. They weren't sitting in a room saying, "We should build a roller coaster! And maybe have some yet thing or something in there. If it breaks or people don't see it, it's not important."

Unbelievable.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sorry, I see nothing to criticize or complain about. It's WDW, my favorite place in the world. I refuse to go there and come back miserable because I concentrated on chipped paint, a loud tour group or a dinosaur that didn't move as well as "I think it should". Let alone a "broken Yeti". It's a roller coaster not an actual trip to Asia to look for the darn beast.
And whereas I enjoyed the Alien attraction back in the day, I think that Stitch is hilarious and more than enjoyable in its own right.
For the past 35 years I've worked in a field that has undergone massive technologic changes (hospital laboratory medicine). I work with far too many people who hate, and constantly complain, about "change" and who daily pine for "the old days". I am not going to go to WDW on vacation and act like that.

No, you're going to come on this forum and take it out on those who see things differently. Ah, the anonymity of the interwebs....

DisneyGuyNYC

I enjoy my time in Disney too. I'm thrilled when I go and I spend the whole time on a "high." I enjoy so many things I can't name and have countless special moments.

But again, we're not here to obsessively discuss how great every single thing is all the time. We're not going to point out every detail we like.

Honestly for the price you're paying you shouldn't HAVE to look past things like chipped paint and stale rides and broken attractions! There are wonderful things in Disney but we have a right to discuss what we don't like and what we would like to see. We pay enough and we're huge fans with passionate feelings about things.

I dont think anyone, let alone Disney FANS, walk around Disney World with scowls, complaining and moaning and groaning. However on reflection and when reading the news from home it is okay to have negative reactions and to discuss them with other fans. It's okay to criticize. Just because you're a fan of a band doesn't mean you need to like every song or enjoy every photoshoot or tour. Literally look at any other fan forum for anything. Fans are the most passionate and critical but that doesn't mean they aren't fans and don't love what they're discussing more than anything else.

We all enjoy our trips to this wonderful place. We just want the best for it.

If you just wanna sit around and blindly be thrilled by everything and force yourself to look past things just to have a happy mood go right ahead... but what would there be to discuss? A series of dozens of individual posters repeating "IT'S SO GREAT! ISN'T THIS GREAT? THIS PART IS GREAT TOO!" over and over? Is that the forum you want?

DisneyGuyNYC

Sorry, I see nothing to criticize or complain about.
Nothing? You see literally nothing to complain about in the entirety of the four parks, water parks, golf courses, DTD, or resorts? Nothing? There isn't one thing you want to discuss or one choice management has made that you have different ideas about?

Nothing?

Wow. Well your world must be just fantastic to live in.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

And this is a completely valid opinion to have. It is ok and welcomed to have opinions on this area, Stitch, Tomorrowland, The Yeti, all of them.

It is also completely valid for others to have opinions that are vastly different than yours.

Me, personally, I like the area, I like what it does for this broken old area of Fantasyland, and I also understand why others have every right to lament that the dollars spent here or elsewhere could have been used for something else.

These kinds of discussions, both positive and negative, are the entire point of this forum. The official Disney Parks Blog is the place to go for nothing but constant praise on all things Disney.

JLipnick

I'm gonna give props to the guy who filmed a five and a half minute video of this new area by basically walking back and forth between the two entrances like he was scoping it out for a robbery or something. The new videos of the Fantasy Faire Village at Disneyland are about as long and they included complete walk-through's of the interior princess chambers, the theatre, the music box, the Figaro animatronic, and the enthralling action of a CM serving up a strawberry danish. This video takes up the same amount of time and didn't even show us inside the bathrooms.
It would be a problem if someone was filming inside the restrooms. but there are still pics which are great. I for one can't wait to see the new area when I am there in June. I am interested, though, to see if this actually fixes the huge bottleneck that was between the two lands. I guess we will need someone there at night or during a busy time to tell us.

sweetpee_1993

These are not JUST restrooms, this adds much need ambiance to what has been a dead end of concrete and strollers for years. This adds much needed space to relax in the most congested and hyper-active area of the park. This is beautiful paths, water features, well themed facades, TREES and greenery, PLUS better restrooms allowing for a better queue on the busiest attraction in the land.

It's not an E ticket, but it IS absolutely a step in the right direction, with more to come! It's a great addition to what FLE has already given us, let's take this on good faith that after being stagnent for a long time, this part of the park is moving in the right direction,

Do tell! What's coming? Besides SDMT & a princess meet, what's coming that's worth planning a trip to see???? Can't be Avatar because that's been "coming" since 2011(?) and we've yet to see a single chunk o'dirt turned up for it. Can't be whatever the latest incarnation of DtD's improvement plan is because, well, I won't even go into that hot mess. Really. I'm not giving up other fun destinations to plan my full itinerary (dining AND attractions) 6 months from now so I can go wear a magic bracelet that clashes with my outfits and have the priviledge of tinkling on a magical toilet. Believe me, I'd looooove for there to be something to go for but I just can't see paying more to get less and miss out on other fun destinations.

The problem isn't in what TDO has done, it's in what they've failed to do. They need to be owning people's attention making folks feel like they need to go to WDW or return to WDW. I'm a FAN and I don't feel the need. I wish I did.

PhotoDave219

Well thats your opinion. You're entitled to it. You certainly pay enough when you go on vacation; after you spend that metric F**k-ton of money, I sure hope you don't complain.

Meanwhile.... we''re going to discuss and take up large-scale corporate issues in an attempt to keep you from getting fleeced on your vacation. We want to keep WDW as a fantastic place for kids of all ages to enjoy. Our issues are not simply pealing paint, rather why the paint is pealing or why theyre not doing the prevenative maintenance which leads to rides being down while you're on your vacation.

Also, Its about accountability. The shareholders certainly dont hold the company accountable about how the parks are run, so we might as well try.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Soon Avengers/Bulls/Rhinos will really go off the deep end calling everyone names and generally freaking the eff out. Then he will feel a tinge of regret, and start apologizing and saying he just wanted to have a nice discussion about WDW, and he will thank those who try and accommodate his new attitude. Then he will be unable to keep it in check, go off the deep end again, and be banned.

All of this will happen. The only question is how long each stage lasts.

DisneyGuyNYC

Do tell! What's coming? Besides SDMT & a princess meet, what's coming that's worth planning a trip to see???? Can't be Avatar because that's been "coming" since 2011(?) and we've yet to see a single chunk o'dirt turned up for it. Can't be whatever the latest incarnation of DtD's improvement plan is because, well, I won't even go into that hot mess. Really. I'm not giving up other fun destinations to plan my full itinerary (dining AND attractions) 6 months from now so I can go wear a magic bracelet that clashes with my outfits and have the priviledge of tinkling on a magical toilet. Believe me, I'd looooove for there to be something to go for but I just can't see paying more to get less and miss out on other fun destinations.
Exactly. We're complaining because it doesn't look like there is ANYTHING to come anytime soon. Except some fancy bracelets.

Californian Elitist

I'm late to the party, but I'll comment.

I would argue those who do notice things and make comments, criticize and refuse to always give Disney a pass are even bigger fans than those who excuse everything.

The bathroom is nice. No one's denying that, I don't think. But it's a bathroom... Used for personal business. It's not like we can ride the nice toilets and sinks and such. The guests want exciting, new rides. Still, it's nicely themed.

PhotoDave219

Nothing? You see literally nothing to complain about in the entirety of the four parks, water parks, golf courses, DTD, or resorts? Nothing? There isn't one thing you want to discuss or one choice management has made that you have different ideas about?

Nothing?

Wow. Well your world must be just fantastic to live in.

Nah, that dude says he works in health care. Probably deals with dead people all the time. I can see how he wants Disney to be his escape and doesnt want it to be negative. Good for him, I love it when (my escape) kicks in and I cant see anything as negative.

I see where he's coming from but coming on to a message forum and trying to tell others how to think, well thats just not very effective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom