Tangled restrooms opening date

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
You'd complain about being hung with a new rope as it might chafe your neck. I think the coaster is awesome and a few seconds with a phony Yeti would not up the experience to heights of rapture and bliss. I go to WDW to get away from daily life and activities. Two weeks of awesome fun and fifty weeks of the usual. Last time I ate at the Beach Club buffet I had to wait while people in front of me filled their plates. It was oh so horrible. And why doesn't Test Track not only last for an hour but drop me off right on a seat at Soarin'? And Speedway should let me drive 150 mph and have laser cannons and missile launchers and be elevated so that I can blast those darn people who feel the need to bring STROLLERS into the Magic Kingdom and run off those darn "ferr-i-ners" who talk in funny languages and are singing and "chanting" and doing loud stuff that I don't find appropriate in "my" park. Why oh why doesn't Disney listen to me and do things the way I want? I want a new ride every day, I want a new show every day, I want a new parade every day, I want new fireworks every day and I want all those silly "meet and greets" gone so that I don't have to be around other peoples' brats. And oh yeah, shut down the Epcot Food and Wine Festival too; some people drink too much and annoy me with their behavior. Boo hoo, Boo HOO.
Allow me to be devils advocate for a minute. Why is it ok for you to be critical of the discussion taking place here but not ok for people to be critical of Disney?

I would suggest that if you feel the conversation is too negative to add something positive to it instead. It's much more productive to try to guide the direction of a conversation than to come in and try to dictate it.

Rhinos Rock!

• Kali is a water ride. It's promise is to get you wet.
  • Giraffes and hippos are sentient creatures and nobody expects a driver to control them.
  • There was never a promise of Aerosmith playing live for everyone and to expect that would be unreasonable.
  • There is no such thing as a real mermaid so there is no reason anyone would believe they would see one.
  • The Presidents are animitronic and science has not brought us there yet. There was never a promise they would do this by the park.
Most importantly nobody has "won" anything or is being "given" anything. We are paying customers giving lots and lots of money for a product that was promised to us. The yeti is broken and the ride does not work as was promised and intended. It is okay to complain about that.

Would you not send back a meal at a restaurant with a bug in it? Would you not return a sweater with a large hole? Would you not send shoes back to Zappo's that don't fit? If you bought a movie and it was horrible would you not complain?

This is absurd.
Yes I'd send back a meal that had a bug. But not having a Yeti doesn't cause me indigestion. I wouldn't have bought a sweater with a hole in it. I buy shoes in person, that way I know they fit. I don't purchase movies on a chance, but if I did and I didn't like it who would I complain to? The producer, the director, the actors, the Academy? I doubt that the kid working the checkout counter where I bought the movie would care much. It's obvious that your life revolves around finding things to complain about and to be disappointed over. I find that to be absurd, but if it works for you . . .

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Allow me to be devils advocate for a minute. Why is it ok for you to be critical of the discussion taking place here but not ok for people to be critical of Disney?

I would suggest that if you feel the conversation is too negative to add something positive to it instead. It's much more productive to try to guide the direction of a conversation than to come in and try to dictate it.

You're pushing that boulder uphill, hoping it stays there with this one.....

DisneyGuyNYC

Yes I'd send back a meal that had a bug. But not having a Yeti doesn't cause me indigestion. I wouldn't have bought a sweater with a hole in it. I buy shoes in person, that way I know they fit. I don't purchase movies on a chance, but if I did and I didn't like it who would I complain to? The producer, the director, the actors, the Academy? I doubt that the kid working the checkout counter where I bought the movie would care much. It's obvious that your life revolves around finding things to complain about and to be disappointed over. I find that to be absurd, but if it works for you . . .
You would complain on a movies discussion board. We're complaining on a Disney discussion board. I didn't complain to a Cast Member did I?

I'm actually a happy and well adjusted person. I'm just not going to strap on rose colored glasses just because I like something. You seem to have found something to complain about too, haven't you? Why not just be happy and leave us alone?

You've never purchased an item and discovered when you brought it home that there was something wrong with it? If I'd been to Disney before and was told by other people about the Yeti so I drove out there and paid a ton of money to go to Animal Kingdom and rode that ride and it was broken and I was told I wouldn't get a refund I think I'd have a right to complain. You'd send back a meal with a bug and I'd ask for a refund for a ride that is broken. It's completely rational.

It's insane to have absolutely nothing to comment on and no opinions about anything. Just log off.

dreamscometrue

I wasn't insulting him at all. To "give props" means "to give proper respect." I was just commenting on what must have been the absurdity of the situation: a guy with a video camera pacing over and over again in front of an entrance to a bathroom. That's not creepy at all. It's a brave soul who would do something like that.

Sorry...my bad. :)

DisneyGuyNYC

Guys if you like a movie you shouldn't criticize anything about it. Not a single performance or effect or line of dialogue. Movie critics are horrible malcontents who don't know how good they have it! How awful and selfish of them to comment on a product they paid a lot of money to experience! How selfish can you be? Do you know how hard Hollywood works to make movies? How dare you discuss it's artistic choices! It's either perfect amazing bliss and joy or actually cancerous garbage attacking you with missiles and killing your family. There is no in between and you're monsters for suggesting otherwise.

rioriz

LOL I love meltdowns:)

Again I will say it...these threads would go so much better if we evaluated the product individually without any "but I wish they had spent the money on blah blah blah". Most think the design, atmosphere, and functionality is great individually. I saw only a couple post that said individually said they did not like the product individually, and that's fine. The rest were only negative in the fact of "we could have spent money on blah blah blah" which frankly is becoming trite, but understandibly so.

Anyways, rationality over and back to the show!

Rhinos Rock!

I love WDW. I feel positive about everything about it. It is my favorite place in the world. I can only imagine what it takes to operate and maintain a resort of this magnitude that has millions of people visiting it each year. Over 20 visits and never once a bad experience. Attractions are going to break, attractions are going to be shut down for various reasons, other visitors aren't always going to act the way "we" think they should. My high opinion of WDW is just that, my opinion. I think that they do a fantastic job and am not trying to "guide" anybody or anything. I'll leave the guiding to the Jungle Cruise boat captains.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I don't know if its due to my art background but I see criticism and negativity as two different things. Critiscm is used to try to make something better (whether that actually can or will happen is another discussion) and negativity is just being miserable for the sake of being miserable and bringing everyone along with you. I'd be naive to say that at times these forums don't have both. I think it's just human nature. But in the instance of this particular thread I see a lot of positive comments balanced with criticism. I think up until recently it's been a healthy, rational and interesting conversation.

I think we should probably get it back on track at this point.

I haven't seen the area in person but the photos are beautiful. I'm glad to see trees in fantasayland and happy that they kept water in the area :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I love WDW. I feel positive about everything about it. It is my favorite place in the world. I can only imagine what it takes to operate and maintain a resort of this magnitude that has millions of people visiting it each year. Over 20 visits and never once a bad experience. Attractions are going to break, attractions are going to be shut down for various reasons, other visitors aren't always going to act the way "we" think they should. My high opinion of WDW is just that, my opinion. I think that they do a fantastic job and am not trying to "guide" anybody or anything. I'll leave the guiding to the Jungle Cruise boat captains.

And others' opinions are just that as well. But they didn't feel compelled to insult yours.....

RandySavage

But I'd rather have an amazing ride with a mediocre exterior than a mediocre ride with an amazing exterior.

This is an interesting thought, because my guess is, at first, most people would agree with you, but as I dwell on it, I think I would prefer Mermaid as is, rather than if Mermaid were a bonafide E-ticket equal to Transformers, but housed on the 20K pad in a giant warehouse dressed up with flats and murals, that damaged the wider environments and park aesthetic:
8540561246_d6bdbb79f1_z.jpg

As mentioned by Flynn and others, it is really a compromise that needs to be sought. I am a big proponent of rides, but I am as big a proponent of environments. With FLE, the wider environment is still substance, even if the central ride (the payoff) doesn't live up to expectations.

Another thought: just like when a Studio invests heavily and hires the right talent, sometimes movies still flop if they don't come together in the right way. The Studios don't intend for them to flop. It seems like Mermaid had a healthy budget - not like the Co. was thinking "we'll give the people a mediocre ride and dress it up like it's a great ride." I think the higher ups fully intended that Mermaid would be smash hit across demos ($115m budget?), and it was then on the designers to deliver that experience. I think the decision to use the omnimover as the ride system was the trip-up (as opposed to the swooping overhead track envisioned for Paris (or more expensive LPS once considered for MK).

Rhinos Rock!

You would complain on a movies discussion board. We're complaining on a Disney discussion board. I didn't complain to a Cast Member did I?

I'm actually a happy and well adjusted person. I'm just not going to strap on rose colored glasses just because I like something. You seem to have found something to complain about too, haven't you? Why not just be happy and leave us alone?

You've never purchased an item and discovered when you brought it home that there was something wrong with it? If I'd been to Disney before and was told by other people about the Yeti so I drove out there and paid a ton of money to go to Animal Kingdom and rode that ride and it was broken and I was told I wouldn't get a refund I think I'd have a right to complain. You'd send back a meal with a bug and I'd ask for a refund for a ride that is broken. It's completely rational.

It's insane to have absolutely nothing to comment on and no opinions about anything. Just log off.
When you asked for a refund on your ticket to Animal Kingdom because the Yeti was broken, what was the response?

lebeau

I'm late to the party, but I'll comment.

I would argue those who do notice things and make comments, criticize and refuse to always give Disney a pass are even bigger fans than those who excuse everything.

The bathroom is nice. No one's denying that, I don't think. But it's a bathroom... Used for personal business. It's not like we can ride the nice toilets and sinks and such. The guests want exciting, new rides. Still, it's nicely themed.

Well said.

But seeing as how Disney spent so much money on them, I am definitely riding those commodes. Seeing as how there's no other new attractions, ride what you can I say.

DisneyGuyNYC

LOL I love meltdowns:)

Again I will say it...these threads would go so much better if we evaluated the product individually without any "but I wish they had spent the money on blah blah blah". Most think the design, atmosphere, and functionality is great individually. I saw only a couple post that said individually said they did not like the product individually, and that's fine. The rest were only negative in the fact of "we could have spent money on blah blah blah" which frankly is becoming trite, but understandibly so.

Anyways, rationality over and back to the show!
I think calling something a waste of money is a perfectly rational response. If they made an amazing chair for guests to sit in made entirely of diamonds and gold and using 485 imagineers to make it stunning and perfectly comfortable and spent a cool $1 billion on it I think it would be rational to say they threw away some money. I think It's similarly rational to think they threw away a lot of cash on some bathrooms that don't match their surroundings and an Expansion and re-theming that doesn't have much going on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom