Tangled restrooms opening date

dreamscometrue

I'm gonna give props to the guy who filmed a five and a half minute video of this new area by basically walking back and forth between the two entrances like he was scoping it out for a robbery or something. The new videos of the Fantasy Faire Village at Disneyland are about as long and they included complete walk-through's of the interior princess chambers, the theatre, the music box, the Figaro animatronic, and the enthralling action of a CM serving up a strawberry danish. This video takes up the same amount of time and didn't even show us inside the bathrooms.

I've been painstakingly searching this thread for your videographic masterpiece, but I can't seem to find it.

Someone posted a video so we could see the area. Even if you don't like the quality, you don't have to trash the person.

Genie of the Lamp

Count the Genie in for being late to the Tangled bathroom opening day pi$$ and $h!t internet mixer (excuse my language). I know what I'm doing first thing at the MK the next time I go down (I'll see you their Mongello).:p So at this time I want to thank @wdwmagic for taking the time to post great detailed/high quality resolution pics and the video (did I see Phil Holmes in that vid) making me feel as if I were right there with him in person walking through this area and I also want to thank WDI for going the extra distance to make this area as esthetically beautiful as possible. I also love how in general it really opens up space in that area of Fantasyland. So when will work start for the PP queue expansion? It's been a MAGICal day/week all around for Disney Parks with this area opened today, Fantasy Faire at DL, Marvel announced at HKDL, first concept art of SDL, Oz showing in theaters today, and the Shareholders meeting past Wednesday. I will miss this thread as we generated many humourous jokes/blogs but as they say in showbiz "the show must go on" as we go from "When you wish upon a fart" back to "When you wish upon a star(or maybe in this case a floating lantern)". Speaking of taking care of business, off to do that now.

choco choco

I've been painstakingly searching this thread for your videographic masterpiece, but I can't seem to find it.

Someone posted a video so we could see the area. Even if you don't like the quality, you don't have to trash the person.

I wasn't insulting him at all. To "give props" means "to give proper respect." I was just commenting on what must have been the absurdity of the situation: a guy with a video camera pacing over and over again in front of an entrance to a bathroom. That's not creepy at all. It's a brave soul who would do something like that.

DisneyGuyNYC

We differ on the speedway. My take is still that every five-year-old little boy's dream is to drive a car like the grownups. And here is the only place they can.
And any go kart park or bumper car arena or video game. I was unimpressed with this spot as a kid and I can't imagine what the super sophisticated kids of today think.

Ignohippo

But the most common complain people had of Fantasyland (before FLE was announced) was that is was just plain ugly. It had arguably good rides, but they looked awful from the outside. So now they're trying to make them look better.

Yes, I want new rides as well. I want money put into refurbs. And I want to wowed again by Disney.

But you can't complain that they're trying to make MK's Fantasyland aesthetically on par with Disneyland's. It deserves to be.

That's just it though, they haven't done anything (besides some new paint) to improve the look of the older attractions from the outside. Heck, they even walled off the old from the new!!!

What the MK needed was a beautiful update of FL. Instead, they've picked and chosen where they're doing that. The entire area (new FL, old FL, the Tangled area, etc.) needs to be brought together to make ONE cohesive Fantasyland.

IMO, the best thing they could do would be to create a facade for IASW that's more in line with the way it looks at every other version around the world (move the IASW queue into what is now Pinnochio's Village Haus, tear down the existing external queue building (to make the walking path wider), and add the facade to the outside of the existing building and convert the outside of the Village Haus to IASW). A large globe fountain in front would be perfect for the open land they've freed up by moving Dumbo.

Ignohippo

And any go kart park or bumper car arena or video game. I was unimpressed with this spot as a kid and I can't imagine what the super sophisticated kids of today think.

It's probably my 7-year-old's favorite ride at WDW.

More the reason to make a new one at DHS based on Cars (around the world) and remove the one at MK so that the land can be used for something much better!!!

Ignohippo

I think the most common complaint about MK is that it's stale.

I have no problems with them raising the bar in visuals vs the older style. The problem is their focus - they are focusing on ornate instead of focusing on things that resonate and reach the guest.

The details are supposed to be there to support the attraction - not BE the attraction. Modern Disney seems to have forgotten that - hence the 'hollow' beauties.

I love this post. It's so true. They'd rather spend a million on details than a million on attractions.

The idea that they're spending so much on the Tangled bathrooms and not adding the most basic thing that would make people happy (a meet and greet) only illustrates the lack of forethought of the current management of TWDCo.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Just got back from MK to see the new area - beautiful BTW. However, just wanted to comment on the traffic flow. It seems to have made a huge difference. The old route under the bridge is not as busy as it used to be, and most people seem to be going via the new path towards the Mansion. Nice design visually and functionally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom