Tangled restrooms opening date

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
There is no way Circusland is the worst area of MK. I understand the transition may be an issue but not terrible by any means. If any land were to be labeled the worst area it has to be Tomorrowland. Storytelling is not there, theming is boring and dated and overall just boring.
While Tomorrowland is absolutely a discordant mess, I think Lee's point is that WDW just overhauled Storybook Circus, poured a ton of money into it, and the result is meh. It should shine like a bright new penny, yet pales compared to this mere bathroom area/pathway.
The train station, however, was very well done. Oh wait, those are bathrooms too. Hmmmm . . . Whoever has been tasked with theming these bathroom areas needs to be promoted to bigger and better projects.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I'm not so sure about having cooking pans where you urinate. Also, it would have been nice to have mirrors in the bathroom. I guess men dont care what they look like??:confused: Does the womans restroom have mirrors? it doesnt make sense either to build that high huge tower without a M&G. The outside is very pretty and the seating area is nice also.

I'd be surprised if there were literally no mirrors in the bathroom, even if we can't see them in the photo tour. That said, I would say that it is indeed true that men are, in general, better than women at having fun and not worrying about how they look while doing it.

Captain Chaos

While Tomorrowland is absolutely a discordant mess, I think Lee's point is that WDW just overhauled Storybook Circus, poured a ton of money into it, and the result is meh. It should shine like a bright new penny, yet pales compared to this mere bathroom area/pathway.
The train station, however, was very well done. Oh wait, those are bathrooms too. Hmmmm . . . Whoever has been tasked with theming these bathroom areas needs to be promoted to bigger and better projects.
Maybe their career is in the crapper... getting flushed down the toilet... maybe they are used to being flushed away...

Rhinos Rock!

Have been to Disney World 22 times since 1975. Most trips made when the kids were little. Then had 3 in college at the same time and there went the "disposable income". Since they all have graduated I've been back twice; Sept. 2011 and April 2012 and am going again this April. Except for the first trip in 1975 have always stayed on property. Best time was 2 solid weeks at the Beach Club after winning some money in Atlantic City, spent like a rock star and the kids got every souveneir they could think of and then some. When the kids were little the trips were too busy to notice what had changed, what was no longer in existence or what "effect" was down. When I made that first trip back in Sept. 2011, after years of not going, I spent the 1st 2 days thrilled to be there BUT also grumbling to myself about the "changes" that had taken place in my years away. Then I said to myself, "For Pete's sake, you're back at Disney World, staying at an awesome hotel, going on rides that you've never seen before, going on old favorites, watching parades and fireworks, eating fantastic meals, making your own schedule rather than one totally around keeping the kids happy, having the time to chat with Cast members, and going to Animal Kingdom which didn't exist the last time you were here". There was no more grumbling to myself for the next 5 days. I got the kids and people I work with some souvies, took some great photos, watched the Epcot fireworks with a family from England who had been saving up for 5 years to spend a month in Orlando "doing it all" and the tour groups from "Brazil" not only didn't annoy me, but taught me the words to some of their "chants". Many, many of the Cast Members in World Showcase posed for photos and I had really nice conversations with them about their homes and their experiences working at Disney World. I came away with new love affairs with Animal Kingdom, Test Track, Soarin', Aerosmith's coaster, the Lion King show, Himalaya coaster, Kali raft ride, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Kilamanjaro safari, and Conservation Station. I renewed my love affairs with Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, the bakery in France, the movies in World Showcase, Muppets 3D, Ellen's dinos, Figment, the buffet at the Beach Club, Haunted Mansion, and so many others.
Can't wait for April; first stop is Big Thunder as it was closed on last 2 trips, then onto Animal Kingdom for ZEBRAS and hopefully the baby okapi. And this time I'm getting the photo card thing and standing in line with all the other kids to get my photo taken with all the Princesses and Fairies!
There ain't nothing better than a week at Disney World, unless it's 2 weeks, or more!!!!!

Timothy_Q

Yes.. soon we will have the most expensively decorated place that no one will want to goto.. because there is nothing left to draw them there.

The product is reeking more and more of Disney trying to copy itself. They tried to copy the level of detail put into past things.. but miss the reason why you do it. So you end up with excessively ornate 'hollow' things that look pretty, but inspire no one.

It reeks of copying someone's efforts without understanding why something was done in the first place.

But the most common complain people had of Fantasyland (before FLE was announced) was that is was just plain ugly. It had arguably good rides, but they looked awful from the outside. So now they're trying to make them look better.

Yes, I want new rides as well. I want money put into refurbs. And I want to wowed again by Disney.

But you can't complain that they're trying to make MK's Fantasyland aesthetically on par with Disneyland's. It deserves to be.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But the most common complain people had of Fantasyland (before FLE was announced) was that is was just plain ugly. It had arguably good rides, but they looked awful from the outside. So now they're trying to make them look better.

I think the most common complaint about MK is that it's stale.

I have no problems with them raising the bar in visuals vs the older style. The problem is their focus - they are focusing on ornate instead of focusing on things that resonate and reach the guest.

The details are supposed to be there to support the attraction - not BE the attraction. Modern Disney seems to have forgotten that - hence the 'hollow' beauties.

Timothy_Q

I think the most common complaint about MK is that it's stale.

I have no problems with them raising the bar in visuals vs the older style. The problem is their focus - they are focusing on ornate instead of focusing on things that resonate and reach the guest.

The details are supposed to be there to support the attraction - not BE the attraction. Modern Disney seems to have forgotten that - hence the 'hollow' beauties.

I agree 100%. I'm not saying this is a substitute for a great attraction.

I just try to see it from a positive perspective.

This fixes many problems. bottleneck, unused abandoned area, ugly looking old FL, (and in the future) one of the worst lines of the park.

TalkingHead

The toilets are so awesome! The handle to flush is shaped like a magic wand and there's a special pixie dust that poofs in the toilet bowl when you're done with your business. I've got video coming later today. Pardon the picture -- I had Taco Bell for lunch.

It's just too bad the original Marc Davis restrooms for Pirates of the Caribbean were never built in Florida. :(:(:(

DisneyGuyNYC

Beautiful, well-done restrooms. Problem is who plans a vacation to go see themed restrooms??? We were in line for HM in January and a mom w/2 little kids in line in front of us commented on Rapunzel's tower wondering what it was. I smiled & told her it was restrooms. She totally didn't believe me at first. Then she laughed.. "What are they thinking?!" Indeed. Wouldn't we all like the answer to that one.
THIS IS WHAT GETS LOST HERE! When we're discussing this we so often end up fighting about semantics and "just be thankful they're doing something!" and "didn't they do a good job with what they did do?!" that we forget that real, regular guests who don't go on fan boards are going to look at this and think "that's what they did this year?" and "what a waste of money!" and they're going to laugh at them when they're over looking at the Potter 2.0 expansion.

TalkingHead

As expected, most all posts are negative, negative, negative, negative.

If the area didn't have wow factor, then Disney sucks because they aren't putting any money into it. If it does have the wow factor then Disney sucks because they put it into a bathroom.

Negative Nancys, all!

I'm just so thrilled I renewed my AP so that I can visit these beautiful water closets at least once a week. Expect to find me in one of the stalls for a few hours every Saturday and Sunday. Might even have to sneak into the women's restroom because it seems criminal to miss out on half the magic.

WDW1974

I can't help but think that so many folks are so far gone that they miss the point and try and make the discussion about things they shouldn't be.

There was a time when Disney fans wouldn't be having a discussion about new restrooms (let's leave out the argument that they wouldn't be needed if Disney wasn't implimenting a system to make lines even longer, so they need queues with games and interactive aspects in them that will be taking over said facilities, for PPF expansion, that have worked just fine since 1971).

Just think about it. Before you come back with snark or what you think is the perfect way to put this Disney hating Spirit in the crapper. Think. These are toilets. ... Like drinking fountains ... and planters and walkways. They are infrastructure. Whether they are pretty isn't the point, yet that's the point that keeps getting made. (I won't argue it anymore than I'll look at the pics or video.)

No one buys a house that's falling apart because they just love the bathroom.

I feel like I should be going around slapping people and saying 'They ARE TOILETS!!!'

Rest assured, no pun intended, that only WDW fans (not UNI fans ... not DLR fans ... not DLP fans ... not TDR fans ... not BGW fans etc etc) make such a pile of fetid excitement over toilets.

If Disney had built a nice Tangled attraction in the MK and these were part of the area improvements, then they might be worthy of mention.

But, seriously, doesn't this tell you just how sad and neglected WDW has become that you'd get excited about these?

I know why some of my non-Disney friends wonder why I am into the parks so much. I'm just glad they don't realize that many of us get excited by new places to relieve ones self when nature calls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom