Tangled restrooms opening date

flynnibus

Premium Member
As expected, most all posts are negative, negative, negative, negative.

If the area didn't have wow factor, then Disney sucks because they aren't putting any money into it. If it does have the wow factor then Disney sucks because they put it into a bathroom.

Yes.. soon we will have the most expensively decorated place that no one will want to goto.. because there is nothing left to draw them there.

The product is reeking more and more of Disney trying to copy itself. They tried to copy the level of detail put into past things.. but miss the reason why you do it. So you end up with excessively ornate 'hollow' things that look pretty, but inspire no one.

It reeks of copying someone's efforts without understanding why something was done in the first place.

baymenxpac

What gets me is that they won't even do decent maintenance on rides (let alone build new ones) because supposedly the ROI is hard to quantify, yet they'll theme the crap out of a new restroom facility? Somebody's priorities are a bit off.

and then there's this, which i agree with also (and probably one of the most eloquent bathroom puns of the thread, intentional or not).

because of neglect around the resort, it's hard to view this in a vacuum. but that's what i'm choosing to do.

dupac

and then there's this, which i agree with also (and probably one of the most eloquent bathroom puns of the thread, intentional or not).

because of neglect around the resort, it's hard to view this in a vacuum. but that's what i'm choosing to do.

Oh it was intentional. I live by the pun. Thanks for noticing. ;)

And don't get me wrong. They are well done. I just wish it was something more critical to quality.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

A healthy attitude indeed, particularly if you are interested in enjoying to WDW vacation instead of lamenting what might have been.

djlaosc

Thank you for the video.

We don't spend a lot of time in Fantasyland, and we haven't been there since September 2011, so it helps me to try to picture where everything is - especially as the video showed us the walk from Liberty Square to Fantasyland, whereas other FLE videos that I have seen seem to just stay in the new area, rather than show the walk from the "old into the new". (are there any videos out there that are a walk from Liberty Square, through Fantasyland (including the FLE), and into Tomorrowland, or the other way around?)

This is going to be a stupid question, but what is the building opposite the toilets - you have Columbia Harbor House and then I can't remember what is next to it, or is it still part of the restaurant? Are they the toilets that are going to be removed to improve the Peter Pan queue?

I think the area looks great, but the main thing sticking out is how cheap and tacky the tent facade on "it's a small world" looks when walking to Fantasyland from Liberty Square - if this project was part of a "big beautification project", stretching from the toilets right the way through Fantasyland (make the tfacades look more like California's, especially "Peter Pan's Flight" and "it's a small world", to the Tomorrowland Speedway (scenery additions and change from petrol) and through Tomorrowland to end at "Stitch's Great Escape", then there would be less complaints.

I do agree that it was necessary to theme these toilets well (rather than just putting in some that look like those found at concerts), but it's just annoying that it's just a toilet (no meet and greet or ride), and that there doesn't seem to be anything really on the horizon coming to any of the parks (Be Our Guest is a restaurant, Enchanted Tales with Belle is a meet and greet, and The Little Mermaid is reported to already have broken bits) - 2013 projects are these toilets, an Adventureland game, and a princess meet and greet, and 2014 is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster, which is said to be a nicer Barnstormer. If they were building these toilets at the same time as building Imagination 4.0, Pixar Place Expansion or Mysterious Island, there would be no complaints about these toilets - but, as it is, that's all we've got...

sweetpee_1993

Beautiful, well-done restrooms. Problem is who plans a vacation to go see themed restrooms??? We were in line for HM in January and a mom w/2 little kids in line in front of us commented on Rapunzel's tower wondering what it was. I smiled & told her it was restrooms. She totally didn't believe me at first. Then she laughed.. "What are they thinking?!" Indeed. Wouldn't we all like the answer to that one.

peterpanic74

yeah, a big problem now is that the PeterPan/SmallWorld/Philharmagic/VillageHaus area looks even worse than it did before in comparison to the rest of Fantasyland. Hopefully someday they will set aside some $$ to bring this section up to the level of the rest of FL, themeing-wise

aladdin2007

What gets me is that they won't even do decent maintenance on rides (let alone build new ones) because supposedly the ROI is hard to quantify, yet they'll theme the crap out of a new restroom facility? Somebody's priorities are a bit off.

This!!!! Agreed,,,Im glad its nicely done but its like a cupcake with no cake, just the frosting.... They will now jump across the street and spend how much on a new Pan queue? Yet the ride itself gets left with no upgrades or redo which is long overdue.

Lee

Adventurer
There is no way Circusland is the worst area of MK. I understand the transition may be an issue but not terrible by any means. If any land were to be labeled the worst area it has to be Tomorrowland. Storytelling is not there, theming is boring and dated and overall just boring.
I'll agree TL is a mixed bag, but at its best it looks far better than the Circus.
No defense for the Speedway area, though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
yeah, a big problem now is that the PeterPan/SmallWorld/Philharmagic/VillageHaus area looks even worse than it did before in comparison to the rest of Fantasyland. Hopefully someday they will set aside some $$ to bring this section up to the level of the rest of FL, themeing-wise

Disney really did make that road to the restrooms look antiquated now didn't they. With all the time they spent a while back with the facade to PP under skims you think they would have overhauled it completely to make the old blend. When you come out the back side of the castle and are slapped in the face with the wall entrance to the new FLE it is a huge clash when you look right or left. Wonder what the facade to the former Snow White/Meet Greet will be transformed to.

By putting the Tangled restrooms in Disney really messed with the transitions, New, Old, New, certainly doesn't blend.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh it was intentional. I live by the pun. Thanks for noticing. ;)

And don't get me wrong. They are well done. I just wish it was something more critical to quality.

Touche! Well stated!

Wonder how many non fan based guests will wander up and anticipate more than toilets and feel duped?

Dads 2 Boys

Yes. WDWMagic posters have valid arguments.

I'm not gonna complain about the new bathrooms. Not that they were built, or their quality.

I will complain that that same quality is not seen with every new project.

Not all.......and no, not going after u.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Yep.
More immersion and detail in that one bathroom complex than in all of Storybook Circus.
This, I have to agree with. I did not care for Storybook Circus.
I love the new area. It will be interesting to see what percentage of people coming from Fantasyland veer to the right rather than the left. Long term, will this be the route of choice, even if not headed to Haunted Mansion?
I was determined to go slow and take notice of all the little details during my last visit in November. Alas, I ended up bringing my 9 year old niece and went more commando-style than ever. This year, I swear I will stop and smell the roses. There is so much atmosphere at Disney and so much attention to detail. I really feel like they have turned a corner, and great things are to come.
I loved the video, thank you. The cascading waterfall and burbling brook will guarantee that these restrooms will be well attended. This video alone took me to my "happy place", and caused me text my SIL to start planning our next trip. Dang, I swore I was going to wait until the SDMT opened.
And on a final note, oh my gosh, those tournament facades have got to go.

Ignohippo

There is no way Circusland is the worst area of MK. I understand the transition may be an issue but not terrible by any means. If any land were to be labeled the worst area it has to be Tomorrowland. Storytelling is not there, theming is boring and dated and overall just boring.

Seriously? You're comparing an area with (arguably) 3 E-tickets and 5 other popular attractions with Circusland that has no E-tickets, a spinner, kid coaster, very small kid's water play area and a meet and greet?

And where's the storytelling in Circusland? It's a circus without a circus!!! Details yes, storytelling absolutely not.

When you think about how much could have done in that space, and how it could have been a spectacular addition to WDW, it makes Circusland inexcusable. Think about how great it could have been as an addition to Fantasyland (Neverland with Hook's ship, Skull Rock and Pixie Hollow or Wonderland, etc.)!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom