Tangled restrooms opening date

WDWYankee15

In all seriousness, this area looks nice(even being bathrooms).

If they put as much work and effort into other areas(Fantasmic, the Yeti, etc) as they did with this, the entire resort would be better off. Just my thoughts.
And that is exactly what people want.

Stop "poo-pooing" the fact that they built nice bathrooms and focus on the things that you want changed, fixed, added. None of use should complain that TDO is spending money and improving the looks of things. As fans we want highly immersive environments. Want want to be in the "magic" the whole time.

Now I think it is fair to debate how the area looks, how they showed certain elements ect, but let's stop complaining they built bathrooms! They are necessary and I choose to be happy if I believe that things were built with the eye toward quality and guest experience. (Save the guest experience jokes ;))

In this case I think the the quality of the area is there. It certainly enhances guest experience in numerous ways. 1. Increase bathroom compacity (compared to current Peter Pan bathrooms). 2. Provides much needed relief (no puns) in traffic controll in an area notorious for bottlenecks. 3. Took an area of unused land (for over 10 years) and changed it from something that was not upkept and made to look fresh and new. 4. If we are to believe the rumors that they will be closing the Peter Pan restrooms (and why wouldnt we because they are redundant now) will leade to a revamp of the Peter Pan queue. Which is definetly needed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And what happened to that large mosaic portait that was supposed to be on the ground? o_O

You can see it here, the colors just aren't as bold as we thought they would be..

Fantasyland_Full_18389.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Taken on their own, Wow! Nice bathrooms. Nice theming. Details. This is exactly the kind of attention we want Disney to give to every little aspect of the parks. So...big thumbs up!

That said, I really wish there would be more opportunities for Disney to apply this level of attention to detail to things that are more substantive than bathrooms and stroller parking.

bgraham34

Taken on their own, Wow! Nice bathrooms. Nice theming. Details. This is exactly the kind of attention we want Disney to give to every little aspect of the parks. So...big thumbs up!

That said, I really wish there would be more opportunities for Disney to apply this level of attention to detail to things that are more substantive than bathrooms and stroller parking.

But they are, look at the enhancements to Winnie the Pooh just for example and then I wonder what they have planned for Peter Pan. Its possible they have other things planned but we dont know yet. Lets be happy that they spent money to enhance a small section of Fantasyland.

awilliams4

But they are, look at the enhancements to Winnie the Pooh just for example and then I wonder what they have planned for Peter Pan. Its possible they have other things planned but we dont know yet. Lets be happy that they spent money to enhance a small section of Fantasyland.

Your going to have to go to another site if you want to get a positive vibe out of a Disney discussion thread.

TarzanRocked99-

I think they look great and are a definite improvement over an abandoned Skyway Station. I just wish they would have gone ahead and added a spot for a dedicated meet and greet for Rapunzel and Flynn but that would make too much sense.

Does anyone know if the old restrooms shut down today as well?

bgraham34

It eluded me completely. Worst area of MK, by far. Especially when seen next to the Mermaid area and the mine train. Gonna be a be a jarring transition right there.
(IMNSHO)

There is no way Circusland is the worst area of MK. I understand the transition may be an issue but not terrible by any means. If any land were to be labeled the worst area it has to be Tomorrowland. Storytelling is not there, theming is boring and dated and overall just boring.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Yep.
More immersion and detail in that one bathroom complex than in all of Storybook Circus.

Dumbo enhancements look good, but otherwise, agree on Storybook Circus (acknowledging that I haven't seen it in person). But Be Our Guest and Little Mermaid look to have that level of detail.

That being said, we need a lot more of "that level of detail" all over the parks.

I love the enhancement to the Winnie the Pooh line, and the Big Thunder queue improvements look pretty neat, too. And I quite happy that spent time, money, and effort on the new bathrooms and related amenities. What they've done is good, and I like it.

So they've done good work on a number of little things, and a handful of big things (Be Our Guest, Little Mermaid). But there should be more big things going on to do that kind of work on, and a lot more little things as well.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
There is no way Circusland is the worst area of MK. I understand the transition may be an issue but not terrible by any means. If any land were to be labeled the worst area it has to be Tomorrowland. Storytelling is not there, theming is boring and dated and overall just boring.

I agree that Tomorrowland is a lost area in terms of theme and story these days. Storyland doesn't thrill me either, but it is an improvement, I think, from Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/ToonTown Fair.

djlaosc

And now they're going to have to change the new MK map again - if they knew that this was opening soon, why not delay the new maps by a week, or add the Tangled toilets on a week early?

aladdin2007

It looks stunning and love that waterfall, whats even nicer is how it opens up a vast new space into fantasyland that use to be a bottleneck nightmare. Well done, but the sad part is its only toilets...... A tangled dark ride should have gone into the snow white space and the meetngreet in this location, but that can be argued forever. They missed a good opportunity.

Does anyone know if the iconic howl sound effect is back on outside at the haunted mansion? Its been off for months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom