Tangled restrooms opening date

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, two is the loneliest number since the number one.

And you've still got one more to go before you get out of the primes. Then those numbers only divisible by 1 and themselves whilst still giving a whole number solution become rare in fairly quick fashion.

jt04

They should have a fab 5 dark ride in Camp Minnie Mickey. Or should've had, assuming it is going away....

That is where they intend to build PandoraLand. Rumor has it Terminator is being terminated at Uni so that is another indicator the new Cameron project is moving forward at DAK. IMO.

mvieguy

And you've still got one more to go before you get out of the primes. Then those numbers only divisible by 1 and themselves whilst still giving a whole number solution become rare in fairly quick fashion.

well then count me in, i never enjoyed it. thought it was a waste of Dark Ride Space. that could have been Pooh and kept Mr Toad

doctornick

I rather enjoy Philharmagic, but agree it's out of place in the current location. I'd love to see a reborn -- and higher quality -- Toontown created somewhere and Philharmagic added there and the current space being replaced by a more in theme dark ride (perhaps something themed to Tangled or Sleeping Beauty, for example).

djlaosc

I've always said that PhilharMagic is a great show, but it doesn't belong in Fantasyland - I don't know why, maybe European Fantasyland v Mickey Mouse, maybe Feature Films v Company Mascot (I know about Fantasia, etc.), maybe because you are leaving Mickey's world to get to the various lands in the film (Little Mermaid, B&TB, Lion King, etc.) but as far as I was concerned, Mickey Mouse didn't belong in Fantasyland when Toontown Fair was right there - for me, it would have originally fitted better in "Mickey's Toontown Fair", and ever since they shut that down, I've said that they should open a new Toontown in Hollywood Studios (creating addition kiddie attractions for a park needing them) behind/leading from Animation Courtyard and PhilharMagic should be there.

FigmentJedi

I've always said that PhilharMagic is a great show, but it doesn't belong in Fantasyland - I don't know why, maybe European Fantasyland v Mickey Mouse, maybe Feature Films v Company Mascot (I know about Fantasia, etc.), maybe because you are leaving Mickey's world to get to the various lands in the film (Little Mermaid, B&TB, Lion King, etc.) but as far as I was concerned, Mickey Mouse didn't belong in Fantasyland when Toontown Fair was right there - for me, it would have originally fitted better in "Mickey's Toontown Fair", and ever since they shut that down, I've said that they should open a new Toontown in Hollywood Studios (creating addition kiddie attractions for a park needing them) behind/leading from Animation Courtyard and PhilharMagic should be there.
Mickey's malleable enough to fit in any of the lands, he and his friends have gone on adventures that fall into the category of all the "Cardinal Realms", though I do agree Philharmagic feels a lot more Toontown (or Animation Courtyard, as I agree with Passport to Dreams sentiment that Toontown has pretty much overwritten the actual Disney towns of Mouseton and Duckburg and should be phased out as a "Disney only" setting) in tone considering the queue posters have House of Mouse written all over them and Lion King doesn't really fit in Fantasyland.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I rather enjoy Philharmagic, but agree it's out of place in the current location. I'd love to see a reborn -- and higher quality -- Toontown created somewhere and Philharmagic added there and the current space being replaced by a more in theme dark ride (perhaps something themed to Tangled or Sleeping Beauty, for example).

I think there would be enough room in there for a smaller dark ride. Something along the lines of Pooh or the old Snow White. I would be good with that. Others would probably gripe that its not an e-ticket, but I'll take anything new. They need more family friendly, time eaters at DHS. Philharmagic would be a good fit there. Get rid of American Idol.

djlaosc

For me, I always thought...
Mickey's PhilharMagic -> Toontown/Animation Courtyard, Disney's Hollywood Studios
Princess Fantasy Hall -> Mickey's PhilharMagic, Fantasyland, MK
Fantasyland Dark Ride -> Snow White's Scary Adventures, Fantasyland, MK (or Snow White could have remained, with SWSA focusing on Snow White, and 7DMC focusing on the dwarfs)

doctornick

I think there would be enough room in there for a smaller dark ride. Something along the lines of Pooh or the old Snow White. I would be good with that. Others would probably gripe that its not an e-ticket, but I'll take anything new. They need more family friendly, time eaters at DHS. Philharmagic would be a good fit there. Get rid of American Idol.

I am totally cool with a new Toontown in DHS. However, it needs to be heavier on rides (Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin would be a good start) and less on films/shows/M&Gs -- DHS has a lot of shows already and needs more rides. If Toontown was reborn in MK -- it could fit in north of Fantasyland with a walkway from between Little Mermaid and the Circus (over the access road) and a train stop -- then I would be more satisfied with a less ride intensive land.

Either way, there should be a land devoted to Mickey and his friends somewhere in WDW.

Regarding Philharmagic's current location, it's easily big enough to fit a good dark ride. It's larger than the Pan or SWSA show buildings.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Actually, I think family friendly, time eaters is what DHS needs. MK needs a new E, which is why I'm not on board with FLE. DAK needs a whole new land and EPCOT needs some serious loving (i.e. updating and fixing of what is already there). So...do I have your support at the next shareholder meeting?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Actually, I think family friendly, time eaters is what DHS needs. MK needs a new E, which is why I'm not on board with FLE. DAK needs a whole new land and EPCOT needs some serious loving (i.e. updating and fixing of what is already there). So...do I have your support at the next shareholder meeting?

Sure, you only have about 900 million more shares to go to get elected to the BOD;)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sure, you only have about 900 million more shares to go to get elected to the BOD;)

Gotta start somewhere. When I give my impassioned "No other than the great GoofGoof has thrown his support behind me, the guy with a vowel at the beginning of his name followed by an incomprehensible jumble of consonants," speech you'll see the importance of your support.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
If Toontown was reborn in MK -- it could fit in north of Fantasyland with a walkway from between Little Mermaid and the Circus (over the access road) and a train stop -- then I would be more satisfied with a less ride intensive land.
Nothing can go north of the FLE. Not without MASSIVE construction to backstage, anyways.
Maybe they could demolish the Speedway and utilize that land, as well as the area between Storybook Circus and Space Mountain.

Cosmic Commando

Nothing can go north of the FLE. Not without MASSIVE construction to backstage, anyways.
Maybe they could demolish the Speedway and utilize that land, as well as the area between Storybook Circus and Space Mountain.
I think they could build a more Autopia-like Speedway (it has a much more interesting track layout), but hardly use any space up in Tomorrowland. Build a load station near (or in?) the Arcade, then have the track head like due East and under the railroad tracks. It doesn't look like there's any infrastructure in the woods E-NE of Tomorrowland, and you have guests in CARS, use the cars to get them out of the park and out of the way! It seriously can't be that expensive to build a concrete pad out in the woods, and I think you could pretty easily give it "Tomorrowland" theming... really bugs me to have that boring, doesn't-fit Speedway there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom