Tangled restrooms opening date

Timothy_Q

I think they could build a more Autopia-like Speedway (it has a much more interesting track layout), but hardly use any space up in Tomorrowland. Build a load station near (or in?) the Arcade, then have the track head like due East and under the railroad tracks. It doesn't look like there's any infrastructure in the woods E-NE of Tomorrowland, and you have guests in CARS, use the cars to get them out of the park and out of the way! It seriously can't be that expensive to build a concrete pad out in the woods, and I think you could pretty easily give it "Tomorrowland" theming... really bugs me to have that boring, doesn't-fit Speedway there.

That's exactly how it is in Hong Kong.
So we can only assume the Imagineers have at least thought about doing the same to our Speedway.

Cosmic Commando

That's exactly how it is in Hong Kong.
So we can only assume the Imagineers have at least thought about doing the same to our Speedway.
*runs to Wikimapia*
It's a great idea... there's no real reason to have the tracks take up so much space in the middle of the park. What a weird park, though. Is Pooh really the only "Fantasyland dark ride" they have?

Timothy_Q

*runs to Wikimapia*
It's a great idea... there's no real reason to have the tracks take up so much space in the middle of the park. What a weird park, though. Is Pooh really the only "Fantasyland dark ride" they have?

Yeah, their Disneyland is by far the worst. It's extremely small and they didn't leave an inch for expansion inside the train tracks.
But they do have a gorgeous enchanted-forest-like facade for their Philharmagic

DSC_2407.JPG

jt04

Please remove that hideous pine tree that is in the background. It destroys the horizon and looks like it has been hit by lighting a few times.

Genie of the Lamp

Thanks for the twitpic update @djkidkaz!:) I like those straighshot pics you took showing the water stream going under the bridge. Definitely speaks Fantasyland to me. I like all the greenery going into this area as well. Nice interactive queue vid you caught/filmed as well. Was that just a testing or something?

yeti

Yeah, their Disneyland is by far the worst. It's extremely small and they didn't leave an inch for expansion inside the train tracks.

Nah. More like...4th best. And that railroad burden is definitely not stopping them from doing some truly remarkable things....

Big+Grizzly+Mountain+Runaway+Mine+Cars+(3).jpg

On the topic at hand, I think PhilharMagic is perfectly suited for FL. Matches the perfect audience there.

djkidkaz

Nah. More like...4th best. And that railroad burden is definitely not stopping them from doing some truly remarkable things....

Big+Grizzly+Mountain+Runaway+Mine+Cars+(3).jpg

On the topic at hand, I think PhilharMagic is perfectly suited for FL. Matches the perfect audience there.

That new ride in HKDL looks awesome!

Timothy_Q

They have 1 FL dark ride, no Pirates, Splash, Mansion or Big Thunder. Granted, Grizzly Mountain makes up for BTMR and Mystic Manor looks very promising. But they also have this thing:
How is this better than any other Disneyland?

disneyland-hong-kong-toy-story-land-toy-soldier-parachute-drop.jpg

yeti

They have 1 FL dark ride, no Pirates, Splash, Mansion or Big Thunder. Granted, Grizzly Mountain makes up for BTMR and Mystic Manor looks very promising. But they also have this thing:
How is this better than any other Disneyland?

There may have been a little hyperbole going on there (granted, I've never even been to HK), but in terms of sight lines (your example notwithstanding...though I like Playland a lot better than most), show quality, long-term planning....I'm giving them an A for effort.

A few years down the line, then we can (and will) start judging in terms of attraction count.

I know the date but I'm not posting it.

Na-na-na-na-na?

djkidkaz

Just to add something real quick, you'll notice that there are two pieces of fence ( one going towards the waterfall and one going towards the Harbor House and stream ) that are open. They also have very short stone walkways that look like they lead to a dead end. I know there has been talk up and down about a M&G here or not, but this would seem to indicate that a character could meet on either side, which this lets them be off the main path and allows a line to run down the side of the fence going back towards Haunted Mansion ( similar to Gaston ). I could be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

Stupido

So, I'm guessing that since the opening date is so soon the elaborate 'sun' painting design that was supposed to be the focus of the area got scrapped then? That's kinda upsetting. It would have brought so much to the area. It would have shown that even though Rapunzel isn't standing in the area, she was there recently to paint the picture. I guess we'll have to settle for that tiny mural on the wall.

Timothy_Q

Just to add something real quick, you'll notice that there are two pieces of fence ( one going towards the waterfall and one going towards the Harbor House and stream ) that are open. They also have very short stone walkways that look like they lead to a dead end. I know there has been talk up and down about a M&G here or not, but this would seem to indicate that a character could meet on either side, which this lets them be off the main path and allows a line to run down the side of the fence going back towards Haunted Mansion ( similar to Gaston ). I could be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

I don't know if we're talking about the same things, but the way I see it, one is the path to Liberty Sq and the other is the area to recharge the phones. I don't see any other walkways... are they visible in this picture?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't know if we're talking about the same things, but the way I see it, one is the path to Liberty Sq and the other is the area to recharge the phones. I don't see any other walkways... are they visible in this picture?

I see what he is talking about. The stone bridge on the far left of the picture leads to Liberty Sq. If you follow the fence on that Liberty Sq. side of the bridge you will see that there is a small gap in the fence on both sides of the path.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom