Tangled restrooms opening date

lobelia

What are those green pipes sticking out of the ground near the stream? And shouldn't the stream have a cement bottom to keep the water from draining through the mud?

I'm not educated in construction, but I think the green pipes look like the clean out pipes in our yard. I'm not sure why you would need three in close proximity though. Clean out pipes are installed so that they can unclog pipes when someone drops something in the toilet. For example: The previous owners of our house flushed a wash rag down the toilet which clogged the pipes backing up the greywater running from the house to the sewer. If there is a long distance to an access point it is very difficult to snake out the clogged spot. It can save having to dig up your yard or jackhammer your driveway.

I imagine there has to be a barrier for the water in the stream as well. If not those lanscaping rocks will also sink into the soil.

Timothy_Q

While your idea is good in theory, that would eliminate a *major* backstage access point. That alley is how they get major pieces of equipment into central Fantasyland (including the crane for work on the Castle). It's also a major egress point to evacuate the area in case of a major emergency, such as a large fire in that corner of Fantasyland.

-Rob

Again, if they wanted to they could reaccommodate this access point. Bigger changes have happened before. They just don't want to add any more rides. Space has nothing to do with it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It is a timing thing I realize but did you notice all the trees are dormant? At least the creepy way dead looking trees makes the surrounding area look while help Tangled blend with the Haunted Mansion. :rolleyes:

PhotoDave219

From the recent photo updates I think the area is almost near completion unless that whole sun mosaic thing is happening then I guess it would open later but If anything first week of march maybe the second.

I was there yesterday. It looks like "Soon" as viewed from Harbor House but overheard a convo between BVCC & WDI about the approach from Liberty Square into Fantasyland that makes leads me to wonder if there is a sightline issue.

Looks utterly fantastic at night. My iPhone didnt do it justice: Photo here.

Gabe1

The pictures look flat out incredible. Throw out the "It's just a bathroom" comments all you want, but this is WELL exceeding my expectations here.

And there is the difference between us, I don't have incredible expectations to exceed for a bathroom.
My expectations end at, they have them, they are clean, they function and I'm out.

Epcot WS as example, they are there, useful but not passed off as an attraction. Tangled restrooms on steroids is filling a gaping hole left behind by an abandoned attraction. So we lost Snow for a meet and greet and
the Skyway is being replaced by fancy toilets. Go Disney!

Can't wait to see the hype out of some the Disney Geeks when these potties open, might needed to use one of those potties to loose my cookies as they fawn over them, bringing new meaning to worshiping the porcelain throne. Wonder if Minnie and Mickey will have a ribbon cutting? Please God let Iger be there, I love to caption those photo's. :D

Sped2424

The fact that they are doing rapunzels paintings all over the area is just awesome the level of detail here is just a testament to what WDI can do.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
And there is the difference between us, I don't have incredible expectations to exceed for a bathroom.
My expectations end at, they have them, they are clean, they function and I'm out.
I had expectation based solely on what I read on this forum when it was announced that they were tearing down the Skyway to build an extra path and restroom. Nothing more. I basically expected a building that housed toilets and a path. Maybe some shrubbery, maybe a little two-level effect with a path running between them...
That is why I say this area has WELL exceeded my expectations. Having little to begin with, and getting a very well themed area at the end, that qualifies in my book.

Epcot WS as example, they are there, useful but not passed off as an attraction.
The only folks passing this off as an attraction are posters on this (and other) sites, not Disney. They've barely mentioned it, as likely is appropriate.

Tangled restrooms on steroids is filling a gaping hole left behind by an abandoned attraction. So we lost Snow for a meet and greet and
the Skyway is being replaced by fancy toilets. Go Disney!

It's a stretch to say that the Skyway was replaced by toilets. The abandoned skyway building was replaced. They did not close the skyway down with the express purpose of building restrooms there 14 years later.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I was there yesterday. It looks like "Soon" as viewed from Harbor House but overheard a convo between BVCC & WDI about the approach from Liberty Square into Fantasyland that makes leads me to wonder if there is a sightline issue.

Looks utterly fantastic at night. My iPhone didnt do it justice: Photo here.
Ooooh - and a shout out from Jennifer Fickley-Baker (which, thanks to someone on another thread, I can't say without setting to the tune of Hawaiian Christmas song, Mele Kalikamaka).
Great pic Dave - hoping you and Mike are able to post more when the area opens.

Gabe1

I had expectation based solely on what I read on this forum when it was announced that they were tearing down the Skyway to build an extra path and restroom. Nothing more. I basically expected a building that housed toilets and a path. Maybe some shrubbery, maybe a little two-level effect with a path running between them...
That is why I say this area has WELL exceeded my expectations. Having little to begin with, and getting a very well themed area at the end, that qualifies in my book.

And fair enough, we all have different expectations for a restroom.

It's a stretch to say that the Skyway was replaced by toilets. The abandoned skyway building was replaced. They did not close the skyway down with the express purpose of building restrooms there 14 years later.

The skyway was an attraction that was abandoned and left to rot in plain view. They closed it without opening another attraction, similar to Snow closing and turning it to a meet and greet, Skyway attraction square footage now a bathrooms, no matter how you flip that pancake when the timer goes off there was an attraction there and now there is toilets.

rioriz

The skyway was an attraction that was abandoned and left to rot in plain view. They closed it without opening another attraction, similar to Snow closing and turning it to a meet and greet, Skyway attraction square footage now a bathrooms, no matter how you flip that pancake when the timer goes off there was an attraction there and now there is toilets.

And what kind of attraction would you put there? There is no room for nothing other than the hated meet and greet...

Gabe1

And what kind of attraction would you put there? There is no room for nothing other than the hated meet and greet...

I would have put a tiny ride in there for small children, the area really lacks that. If you look at Seuss, there are plenty of small square foot attractions for the tiny.

Gabe1

I thought that's what Storybook Circus is for..

Actually all Circus did was replace what was bulldozed from Toon and ultimately had less than Toon had within there. Little kids could be given more than Dumbo and Goofy coaster. Being wet isn't appealing to all families beyond that there isn't diddly there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom