Tangled restrooms opening date

WDW1974

I actually have two answers for you!

1 - Yes, you picked up on that perfectly! It would make all the difference in the world. The very essence of my criticism is thematic mismatch. If the rest of the land is themed likewise, then this objection becomes moot. :)

2 - No! Because I dislike by default the cartoonification of the MK. I think it is a mistake. One that diminishes the magic. Magic is to enter a 'real world', one inhabited by humans, but where magical things happen. Where flowers sing, birds talk, princesses walk the streets.
In a cartoon environment, the magic is a given, normal, to be expected. So not magical at all. Who is surpised by a talking bird in a fairytale?

Something similar, in a slightly more brutal way, happens with violence (perhaps the opposite of Disney Magic): in a human setting, say a live-action movie, violence is shocking, emotional, an outrage. In a cartoon world, it is normal (Tom and Jerry). This is the same effect as magic being normal in a cartoon world, but something extraordinary in a real-live environment.

FL's new Storybook look makes FL less fairytale-like, instead of more. This, incidentally, is also why I think the FLE feels so flat, so emotionally uninvolving. And not lack of rides.

Nailed it. On all points. I never quite thought of it that way, but you are absolutely correct.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Actually all Circus did was replace what was bulldozed from Toon and ultimately had less than Toon had within there. Little kids could be given more than Dumbo and Goofy coaster. Being wet isn't appealing to all families beyond that there isn't diddly there.

I can definately agree with you. Although I don't think you can compare any part of Disney to Seuss Landing.. or any island besides harry potter in Islands of Adventure. Last time I went there, everything had mold and barely any paint.. Wasn't in great shape. Magic Kingdom is basically filled with kid attractions throughout the entire park. While Universal has to keep the kiddies in one area to keep them out of the more adult/teen-friendly areas.. Which is probably why they have woody woodpecker's area in the other park as well .-.

Genie of the Lamp

Please, someone, anyone ... tell me that the social media whores and Disney Lifestylers are staking out positions daily like they do with planters and DVC construction walls to be the first with toilet pics.

Well I can tell you after watching Jeff Lange and Denise from mousesteps.com's weekly vid this week, they have just made headquarters in the upper floor level of the Columbia Harbour House waiting for them to be open. And they also can't wait to see Rapunzel and Flynn at their new M&G adjacent to the restrooms. Jeff's bringing his special new camera with him that will debute that day.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Please, someone, anyone ... tell me that the social media whores and Disney Lifestylers are staking out positions daily like they do with planters and DVC construction walls to be the first with toilet pics.

What else do they have to report on, another rail on the 2014 Dwarf? Good Lord, can you imagine the attention the Princess Meet and Greet is going to receive.

RSoxNo1

Well I can tell you after watching Jeff Lange and Denise from mousesteps.com's weekly vid this week, they have just made headquarters in the upper floor level of the Columbia Harbour House waiting for them to be open. And they also can't wait to see Rapunzel and Flynn at their new M&G adjacent to the restrooms. Jeff's bringing his special new camera with him that will debute that day.
I assume they have some bad info out there?

Genie of the Lamp

I assume they have some bad info out there?

Lol, yeah they're sources aren't too reliable apparently. Although they did say/feel that the Transformer's ride is being built at a much quicker pace then this restroom area.

Edit: We should all place money bets in until either drew81 or Disney confirm the opening day for this area. I'll predict that this Tangled area opens March 13th (Wednesday).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I love the upper floor of Columbia Harbour House. I'd become a DBW (Disney Blogging ) if I could hang out there and watch the continual decline of MK.

Lol, yeah they're sources aren't too reliable apparently. Although they did say/feel that the Transformer's ride is being built at a much quicker pace then this restroom area.

Plumbing is a pain in the buttocks. I'd say these bathrooms realistically excuse Disney from building a top notch attraction until 2022.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The biggest problem with this area is that it's a small world should have initially been built about 20-30 feet further back. That leads to the bulk of the congestion.

Or at least the entrance of it (which is actually not part of the main building, which you can clearly see via arial view).

I was hoping when they started the idea of re-doing the area that they would find a way to move the IASW queue back around the left corner of the building, toward the backstage gate, but it didn't happen that way.

Cosmic Commando

Waterproof camera, I assume?

jt04

Or at least the entrance of it (which is actually not part of the main building, which you can clearly see via arial view).

I was hoping when they started the idea of re-doing the area that they would find a way to move the IASW queue back around the left corner of the building, toward the backstage gate, but it didn't happen that way.

Simple.

Nextgen/Fastpass should live up to its promise and make the current queue obsolete. Incorporate the VH space as a new queue and use the current queue for the Rapunzel M&G and required shop.

Every picture I see of the new Rapunzel area makes it clear that the facades for IaSW and PPF are going away as part of the master plan. So anyone who is not impressed by the new restroom area really needs to consider that. Because soon all of FL will have aesthetics similar to Rapunzel and the FLE. Seems like a win to me. Especially if the redo sends Philharmagic to Yesterland in the future. It is an attraction better suited to DHS anyway.

Solved.

Cosmic Commando

Simple.

Nextgen/Fastpass should live up to its promise and make the current queue obsolete. Incorporate the VH space as a new queue and use the current queue for the Rapunzel M&G and required shop.

Every picture I see of the new Rapunzel area makes it clear that the facades for IaSW and PPF are going away as part of the master plan. So anyone who is not impressed by the new restroom area really needs to consider that. Because soon all of FL will have aesthetics similar to Rapunzel and the FLE. Seems like a win to me. Especially if the redo sends Philharmagic to Yesterland in the future. It is an attraction better suited to DHS anyway.

Solved.
It must be lonely hating Philharmagic.

Cosmic Commando

I don't hate it although 3D is quickly becoming passé. I just hate where it is located. Especially with the reimagining that is currently taking place at the MK's FL.

Move it to the space where Sounds Dangerous was and everyone wins. Or better yet within a new ToonTown at DHS. :)
My idea for bringing to DL was to have a Toontown Concert Hall. I don't see the problem with it in Fantasyland, though... it's basically a different take on the Mickey Mouse Revue concept.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
So, when will we get to post in a thread about the new E-ticket at MK being close to completion? My guess is 2039. I supposed these are E-ticket bathrooms though.

It must be lonely hating Philharmagic.

There are quite a few people who aren't enamored with Philharmagic, my wife among them. I think it's OK, but I don't feel like I've missed something awesome if we skip it.

Cosmic Commando

So, when will we get to post in a thread about the new E-ticket at MK being close to completion? My guess is 2039. I supposed these are E-ticket bathrooms though.

There are quite a few people who aren't enamored with Philharmagic, my wife among them. I think it's OK, but I don't feel like I've missed something awesome if we skip it.
Well, that makes two. Two is the loneliest number since the number one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom