Tangled restrooms opening date

doctornick

I see what he is talking about. The stone bridge on the far left of the picture leads to Liberty Sq. If you follow the fence on that Liberty Sq. side of the bridge you will see that there is a small gap in the fence on both sides of the path.

Yes, I see that now. Interesting.

I think that could certainly be plausible as a M&G location at times during the day as described. Would certainly enhance this whole area IMHO and make it less out of place that they build this great looking facade without an "attraction".

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I guess an interesting question would be, if they don't use that area for some sort of M&G, then what could those little breaks in the fence be for? It was left open intentionally, and they can't be planning to let guests down there.

Timothy_Q

I see what he is talking about. The stone bridge on the far left of the picture leads to Liberty Sq. If you follow the fence on that Liberty Sq. side of the bridge you will see that there is a small gap in the fence on both sides of the path.

Ahh yes, I see it. But as much as I'd love for a M&G there, that doesn't look like it was made for guest use.

Rob562

Those are most probably access points for Maintenance and Landscaping CM's to get into those areas without having to climb over the fence (which is probably an OSHA no-no). Metal fences get gates built in, so the wooden fences will probably be getting either removable horizontal fence pieces or wooden gates (my money is on wooden gates).

Any path like that isn't wheelchair accessible and thus not ADA compliant. They'd never install those for a M&G.

-Rob

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Those are most probably access points for Maintenance and Landscaping CM's to get into those areas without having to climb over the fence (which is probably an OSHA no-no). Metal fences get gates built in, so the wooden fences will probably be getting either removable horizontal fence pieces or wooden gates (my money is on wooden gates).

Any path like that isn't wheelchair accessible and thus not ADA compliant. They'd never install those for a M&G.

-Rob

I think instead of suggesting that the M&G would be down the path somewhere, I think the suggestion was that the character would stand basically right there, in the break in the fence. The M&G itself would happen on (or JUST off) the footpath, with the line stretching back down the fence toward the HM.

I think I agree with your maintenance explanation though. That seems to make the most sense to me.

WDWYankee15

I think instead of suggesting that the M&G would be down the path somewhere, I think the suggestion was that the character would stand basically right there, in the break in the fence. The M&G itself would happen on (or JUST off) the footpath, with the line stretching back down the fence toward the HM.

I think I agree with your maintenance explanation though. That seems to make the most sense to me.
I think there is still a lot of wishful thinking about the M&G possibility and some are choosing to "See" or hope they "See" what they want to "See" to extend the disbelief.

The maintenance explaination makes sense. Also, with this area opening at any time, one would think that if there was going to actually be a M&G in this area (which would be contrary to the only thing ever said on record about this area even existing, which was that there will not be a M&G here) one of those in the know or a "friend of such characters" would have commented that there would be a meet and greet. @drew81 knows a lot about characters and he has been on this thread lately about knowing an opening date, yet he has not said a word about a M&G here. So my best guess.... No M&G. I can hope I am wrong and won't shed a tear if I am, I would actually be excited for my kids and our upcoming trip... but I would rather be pleasantly suprised (neh... Blown away) that there is a M&G here, then continue to fool myself into a false hope.

Time shall tell....

djkidkaz

This is what I was assuming, but the maintenance issue is plausible as well.

Tom

Beta Return
Has anyone seen the plaza area outside the restrooms? Did they end up installing the large mosaic in the tile work?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Has anyone seen the plaza area outside the restrooms? Did they end up installing the large mosaic in the tile work?
I've been looking at all the pictures and have not seen anything resembling it. I'm getting the feeling it's not happening, unless its in a part that the photos just can't pick up.

Tom

Beta Return
I've been looking at all the pictures and have not seen anything resembling it. I'm getting the feeling it's not happening, unless its in a part that the photos just can't pick up.

It was listed as an Alternate on the bid documents, so it's starting to seem they saved a few bucks by eliminating a key thematic element. Here's hoping they didn't, but we'll see.

DisneyGuyNYC

My inside source told me that this area will have an interactive queue. There will a maypole like in the movie but in place of ribbons there will be toilet paper. Guests will have to grab ahold, dance around the pole once then proceed to the toilet with whatever paper they can rip off.

TDO hopes to save on toilet paper while appearing to enhancing the guest experience.
Post of the year, already.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It was listed as an Alternate on the bid documents, so it's starting to seem they saved a few bucks by eliminating a key thematic element. Here's hoping they didn't, but we'll see.
I was kind of disappointed when it started looking like it wasn't happening, but honestly, there are other things that are being added that have made up for it. Specifically the painting around the doorways and the wanted posters have added to the area, so it's helped for me.

Timothy_Q

I was kind of disappointed when it started looking like it wasn't happening, but honestly, there are other things that are being added that have made up for it. Specifically the painting around the doorways and the wanted posters have added to the area, so it's helped for me.

MousePlanet posted an update yesterday where you can see a mosaic (but with large stones) of the sun. I don't know if it ended up being as detailed as we'd hoped, but the sun is definitely there.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
MousePlanet posted an update yesterday where you can see a mosaic (but with large stones) of the sun. I don't know if it ended up being as detailed as we'd hoped, but the sun is definitely there.
Ahhh, I see that. The light, faint yellow brickwork around the circular planter. Good catch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom