Tangled Meet and Greet Rumor

CJR

Seems all of Disney is going that way. I wasted weeks waiting for the new race runDisney was offering only to be told it was another womens' race. Even when we went to breakfast at the Crystal Palace, my wife and daughter were called princess everytime a cast member came to the table. All I got was the check.
Just looking for fairness here. The guys need to be included in the Disney experience as well and taking away a character like Flynn Rider is a step inn the opposite direction.
Before people start flaming me...yeah I know all the rides that are for guys. i still haven't seen one that is specifically boy oriented but anyway... I've sent my letter and will join the facebook group.

Guy's like to receive attention too. This is a very good point. CM's pay so much attention to little girl's and their mom's while often forgetting about the boys and their fathers. I mean if anything, at best, it's a 70-30 ratio. How hard would it be to say "Pirate" or "Prince"? There's nothing sissy about being called a prince. Aladdin is something Disney should be a little more proud of. Who wouldn't want to be a prince? Then, for those guys who wouldn't, they'd probably prefer "Pirate". It's really not that difficult to include everyone. Disney once did that and did it very well.

CountryBearFan

I completely agree that getting rid of Flynn Rider would be a HUGE mistake indeed!

Everyone needs to join the "Save Flynn Rider" Facebook group.

Save Flynn Rider!

StitchRox

They have been flooded with letters and emails about this...keep it up!

I've seen that people have gotten responses because Disney feels removing him will bring down the wait time. Frankly I think the real problem here is the greet n' play concept as a whole. If they didn't take the time to do that little show before you get to meet them the opportunity for more people to meet them would be increased and be more efficient. Disneyland just has a plain meet and greet with them and rarely does the wait time go over 60 minutes. Though yes that is a long wait in general for a meet and greet, it is quite a lot shorter than the reported 4 hours I have seen for the MK. Even though it is neat concept on paper, the play and greet concept is highly flawed and inefficient.

jjharvpro

I wouldn't go as far as saying that MK is turning into a girls park, but I think I understand where you're coming from.

I have heard though that Flynn Rider will be available for M&G during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I was happy to hear that.

MAF

Why can't Disney understand that Rapunzel is just a secondary star of Tangled? Flyn was the true star of the movie.

JWG

No response from Disney on my e-mail about Flynn. Either they're actually getting hammered with e-mails, or they really just don't care as what will be done, will be done you be damned.

CaptainShortty

I feel that if maybe they added another M&G for Flynn and Rapunzel in another park the wait time would be less than what it is now. I think part of the reason why it is so long is that that is the only place you can meet them both. Coupled with the new play and meet concept and that it is such a newly popular movie, the wait times are crazy long. Getting rid of Flynn may decrease the wait time but it's making a lot of people angry with it.

No, I did too. :( But as you brought up, the movie starts out with Flynn stating that it is a story about how he dies. Not Rapunzel... Flynn :shrug: So you think that would mean he was more important hum....

CountryBearFan

Another thought:

Instead of cutting Flynn, they should've cut something else, particularly the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party.

While I enjoy the street party, it has already run its course and served its purpose. The Celebrate Today campaign is long over, so its time has come.

Hope they'll end that in the fall in favor of diverting the funds towards more meet-and-greet characters, including bringing Flynn back.

Dragonrider1227

Though this doesn't seriously ruin my plans for the parks, I was disappointing and sent them an e-mail about this stating so.
For the record though, I totally want my picture with Angelica. She's HOT! :D

Bender!

I was at the World in April, and while I was at Epcot (now, MK could be different, but I didn't get a chance to see any princess meet and greets there) the princesses had mostly solo ques. There would be a small fraction of the day where you could either meet the prince separately or meet the two together. I think Disney is trying to put more of the focus on the princesses themselves than their collective franchises, but since the Beast, Aladdin, and others have become such staples already, they obviously can't hide them from the crowd.

IMO it still seems like a bad idea. Flynn and Rapunzel were the only two I really wanted to see that I didn't get a chance to, and now I won't get to see them on my next trip. :(

Don't mean to get off topic here, but Flynn was more like the glue to the movie. Sure Rapunzel is the star and featured story but I felt that it was Flynn who kept the story going and made it more than just the Disney take on Rapunzel.

BrightImagine

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to those who posted the email and Facebook campaigns... I just sent an email. Our family has never gotten to meet Flynn and I was looking forward to seeing him on our next trip in October. Gaah.
:(

Sent 2 emails, finally got a response today:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Flynn Rider appearances at Magic Kingdom Park. At Walt Disney World Resort, we continually evaluate our entertainment offerings. As part of that effort, we have decided to adjust the Tangled experience and will focus on Rapunzel, who has become a Guest favorite since she first came to Magic Kingdom Park last year. At this time, we plan for Flynn Rider to join Rapunzel for Mickey's Not-so-ScaryHalloween and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parties. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Sincerely, Jennifer GuilaranGuest ServicesWalt Disney World Resort :brick:

WDWgal

I finally got a reply yesterday:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Flynn Rider and Prince Naveen
appearances at Magic Kingdom® Park.

At Walt Disney World® Resort, we continually evaluate our entertainment
offerings. As part of that effort, we have decided to adjust the
Tangled experience and will focus on Rapunzel, who has become a Guest
favorite since she first came to Magic Kingdom® Park last year.
However, we plan for Flynn Rider to join Rapunzel for Mickey's
Not-so-Scary Halloween and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parties.
Prince Naveen continues to appear daily in the Celebrate a Dream Come
True Parade as well as greeting guests occasionally with Princess Tiana.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and
appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Regards,

Jason Ford
Guest Services
Walt Disney World Resort

So Prince Naveen is not leaving, but it seems like he is not appearing with Tiana on the schedule as often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom