Tangled Meet and Greet Rumor

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I highly doubt that. I think they would spread them out to meet-and-greet characters, diverting their money elsewhere. Besides, with all the new character meet-and-greet opportunities to being to MK with the addition of the Town Square Theater and the Fantasyland expansion, diverting the budgets into those would be the smart thing to do.

And if they won't hire more performers, then they'll have to make use of what they have. And cutting MiSiCi is the only decent option.

There's no correlation at all to suggest that cutting a parade would result in an increase in the M&Gs, with or without rarely-seen characters. That's simply your assumption....

And calling someone heartless because they disagree with is more of a projection than an insult to them.....

I love Disney, but I wish they would realize that times have changed. The "Princess" movies they are making now are for both genders, so why not reflect that in the park? They created such a great character in Flynn, but now is sweeping him under the carpet. Why?
They need to understand that Flynn is a more popular character and adjust their marketing. You may think you know your audience, but people like what they like and a good marketing group watches their consumers and adjusts to them. Why not give Flynn his own M&G somewhere else?
I planned on seeing Flynn Nov '12, and I dont care how long I have to stand in line. (I waited a hour to see Tink) I am very disappointed I will have to wait to see him at MVMCP. And yes I did write a letter.

TheBeatles

new rumor....

the current rapunzel m&g area is going to be completely enclosed and there will two rapunzels a la toontown setup

joanna71985

Still, MiSiCi has run its course and served its purpose. The Celebrate Today campaign is long over. DL's version, Celebrate A Street Party, ended when the campaign did, so WDW's needs to follow suit.

On the same token, the Year of a Million Dreams offerings (Main Street Family Fun Day Parade, Woody's Cowboy Camp, etc.) ended when the YoMD campaign did, so why should this be different?

I like the Street Party too, but eliminating MiSiCi won't be too much of a total loss while MK is under budget constraints and a lack of friends for characters.

And if cutting MiSiCi means getting a wider variety of characters into the park for meet-and-greets, then they should go for it.

I'm not being a killjoy. I'm just trying to be a voice of reason.

Just because the campaign is over, that doesn't mean MiSiCi has to end. I can see it existing just fine on its own

Isnt there a Rapunzel Tower in the plan for the Skyway replacement? Is there enough room in the new restroom building for a M&G? Anyone have the blueprints handy?

I don't think so. I mean they already are taking out Snow White's Scary Adventures for the Princess Fairytale Court so I don't see why they would make another princess MnG area.

RSoxNo1

There was a rumor that the Rapunzel tower would go by the Skyway area but that concept has apparently changed. The new pathway seems to be taking precedence in that area. I wouldn't be shocked down the line to see the fairies move in over there as well as seeing the Princesses relocated from the Snow White Building with a dark ride once again going into the Snow White area.

CountryBearFan

I don't think so. I mean they already are taking out Snow White's Scary Adventures for the Princess Fairytale Court so I don't see why they would make another princess MnG area.

Yeah, but Cinderella, Aurora and Tiana are going to be in the Princess Fairytale Hall. Rapunzel will not.

Rapunzel's supposedly going to still be having a spot to herself, hopefully with Flynn returning.

NewfieFan

There was a rumor that the Rapunzel tower would go by the Skyway area but that concept has apparently changed. The new pathway seems to be taking precedence in that area. I wouldn't be shocked down the line to see the fairies move in over there as well as seeing the Princesses relocated from the Snow White Building with a dark ride once again going into the Snow White area.

Was the rumor just a Rapunzel themed tower or was it an actual M&G? And why has that concept changed?

And is Rapunzel not moving into Fairytale Hall now (or whatever it's called)?

They would have to do a fair bit of work to current location to make it so that two Rapunzels are meeting at the same time, wouldn't they!?!

asianway

Walked by over the weekend. No less than six character attendants plus photopass. Surely there was another placethey could have cut $$$.

Neverland

Yeah, but Cinderella, Aurora and Tiana are going to be in the Princess Fairytale Hall. Rapunzel will not.

Rapunzel's supposedly going to still be having a spot to herself, hopefully with Flynn returning.

Disney Parks Blog says:

"Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today."

Unless this rumor is true, I'd say Rapunzel is joining the other princesses in SWSA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom