Talking Turkey with Magic Friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uponastar

:eek: :lol:

Abby has her first band concert tomorrow evening. Fifth grade band students....:lookaroun....all playing at the same time....:lookaroun

mackearplugs.jpg

Fantasmic!329

:fork: Nothing wrong with art class!!! :p
Oh I know a lot of people love it, but I am artistically challenged, and my teacher used to love to harp on that.
She called my parents once because she didn't like the way I did a project.
Uh, hello. This is ART CLASS. We're supposed to be CREATIVE.

PotteryGal

Oh I know a lot of people love it, but I am artistically challenged, and my teacher used to love to harp on that.
She called my parents once because she didn't like the way I did a project.
Uh, hello. This is ART CLASS. We're supposed to be CREATIVE.

Ugh, I can't stand that kind of art teacher.....technique has it's place, but look at Picasso, for heaven's sake. He did things HIS way. There was a pottery teacher at our art center that was like that. Basically told students that if they couldn't center clay on a wheel, there was no point in trying to make anything on the wheel :mad:...I thankfully never had a class with her or I would have given up a long time ago. Even with my first pieces off center, I learned. Still learning actually. :)

Fantasmic!329

Ugh, I can't stand that kind of art teacher.....technique has it's place, but look at Picasso, for heaven's sake. He did things HIS way. There was a pottery teacher at our art center that was like that. Basically told students that if they couldn't center clay on a wheel, there was no point in trying to make anything on the wheel :mad:...I thankfully never had a class with her or I would have given up a long time ago. Even with my first pieces off center, I learned. Still learning actually. :)
She was just horrible.
She would intentionally give me something like an 89 or an 84 just to tick me off.

Flower'sChild

I have a trip report coming :)

Hi everyone :wave: I am working on my trip report for my last Disney vacation. Not the last Disney vacation that I will ever take, but the last one I have taken so far :lol: I will try to have part one up tonight :king:

PotteryGal

She was just horrible.
She would intentionally give me something like an 89 or an 84 just to tick me off.

No wonder kids don't like art. :brick: My sis is an art teacher, though, and she gets the kids who take art to get an easy 'A', only to be stunned to learn they have to work for it. :rolleyes:

Nemo14

No wonder kids don't like art. :brick: My sis is an art teacher, though, and she gets the kids who take art to get an easy 'A', only to be stunned to learn they have to work for it. :rolleyes:
I never minded art class, but when academic classes' grades are dependent on a student's artistic abilities, I think they've gone too far. Darn projects!

PotteryGal

It truly is no wonder.
Hopefully your sister is at least nice about it!

She's 10 years older than me, I had her for a substitute teacher when I was in high school, but I had no complaints. :D Looved walking past her saying 'Hello Miss Hart' in a snotty voice and having her tell me to shut up! :lol: :lol:

mpoppins76

:wave:Back!

Just made DF watch "Love Actually" with me (LOVE that movie!). I told him it was the least he could do for me having to listen to people get shot all day in his stupid, little game. :king: And he ended up liking it. :rolleyes::D

Nemo14

Just made DF watch "Love Actually" with me (LOVE that movie!). I told him it was the least he could do for me having to listen to people get shot all day in his stupid, little game. :king: And he ended up liking it. :rolleyes::D
:sohappy:

Hi Steph!

PotteryGal

Hi Steph :wave: - HAVE to rent that movie! :D

Need to get going - have a good evening everyone! :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom