Talking Turkey with Magic Friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo14

No, what?
Well, let me preface this with the fact that he has basically used up his savings from his summer job, so we've had to add money into his account now for the past few weeks.
so, he decided to take his girlfriend to see the Nutcracker, but the tickes were going to be $50 each cheaper to see it here than in New York. So, he bought the tickets on line, and then realized that he still has 3 days of exams after that. So, he expected that I would drive to NY on Friday (the 14th) to pick them up, drive to New York on Sunday to bring them back,then drive back to New York on Wednesday to pick him up again. Now every time we drive there, it's a full tank of gas (about $55, plus $10 in tolls), so this would be quite an expensive week for us, not to mention the fact that he bought the tickets with OUR money!

....and he wonders why my hair goes gray!

Uponastar

Well, let me preface this with the fact that he has basically used up his savings from his summer job, so we've had to add money into his account now for the past few weeks.
so, he decided to take his girlfriend to see the Nutcracker, but the tickes were going to be $50 each cheaper to see it here than in New York. So, he bought the tickets on line, and then realized that he still has 3 days of exams after that. So, he expected that I would drive to NY on Friday (the 14th) to pick them up, drive to New York on Sunday to bring them back,then drive back to New York on Wednesday to pick him up again. Now every time we drive there, it's a full tank of gas (about $55, plus $10 in tolls), so this would be quite an expensive week for us, not to mention the fact that he bought the tickets with OUR money!

Oh dear.
He didn't really think that one through. :lol:
Poor Mom!
So. . .are you doing it?

joanna71985

Oh wow!

Nemo14

Oh dear.
He didn't really think that one through. :lol:
Poor Mom!
So. . .are you doing it?
No. I checked into Greyhound, and that's considerably cheaper for the 2 of them to come up for the weekend. I'll pick him up on the Wednesday since he'll probably have a lot of stuff to bring home *coughlaundrycough* for semester break, and I'll pick him up at the bus station, but no way am I doing that drive 3 times in a week!!!!

Uponastar

No. I checked into Greyhound, and that's considerably cheaper for the 2 of them to come up for the weekend. I'll pick him up on the Wednesday since he'll probably have a lot of stuff to bring home *coughlaundrycough* for semester break, and I'll pick him up at the bus station, but no way am I doing that drive 3 times in a week!!!!

Good for you!

Nemo14

He really doesn't understand that the money tree out in the back yard has been in hibernation for a long time now!

joanna71985

That's good Betty.

He really doesn't understand that the money tree out in the back yard has been in hibernation for a long time now!

Of course!:lol:

Nemo14

The thing that amazes me is that his sister is the total opposite when it comes to money. She has always worked, usually 2 jobs, all through high school and college, and would rather die than ask us for a dime. I bought her prom dress for her in her senior year of high school, and I really had to fight her about it. The only way I won was to call it her birthday present!

joanna71985

The thing that amazes me is that his sister is the total opposite when it comes to money. She has always worked, ususlly 2 jobs, all through high school and college, and would rather die than ask us for a dime. I bought her prom dress for her in her senior year of high school, and I really had to fight her about it. The only way I won was to call it her birthday present!

Wow, what a difference.

Uponastar

The thing that amazes me is that his sister is the total opposite when it comes to money. She has always worked, ususlly 2 jobs, all through high school and college, and would rather die than ask us for a dime. I bought her prom dress for her in her senior year of high school, and I really had to fight her about it. The only way I won was to call it her birthday present!

Wow! Well you really couldn't expect 2 like that! :lol:
We gave the girls the option of working in high school. High school can be very demanding and although there's a lot to be gained by earning your own way, school should always come first. They both did work though, and have since Freshman year.

dandaman

We gave the girls the option of working in high school. High school can be very demanding and although there's a lot to be gained by earning your own way, school should always come first.

A fact that seems to be unfortunately truer every day. :(

Nemo14

I told DD today about the Nutcracker story, and she just shook her head. Apparently he's been telling her about his plans to go to Claifornia in a couple of years to do an internshop there, and how he's been checking out the price of apartments and what not out there.He told her the prices weren't bad, and she told him that paying rent involved having an income....:ROFLOL:I love her!!

PotteryGal

Hello - back from supper - early Thanksgiving preview, I made a turkey roast and homemade dressing. :slurp:

Oh, and my kids are driving me more insane. :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom