Status
Not open for further replies.

bgraham34

Original Poster
http://www.wftv.com/news/19311020/detail.html

Swine Flu Case Confirmed In Orlando
Posted: 10:41 am EDT April 28, 2009
Updated: 11:04 am EDT April 28, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned of Orlando's first confirmed case of swine flu. According to the chief medical officer for Adventist Health System, Loran Hauck, the case was diagnosed Tuesday morning.
"A case was diagnosed here in Orlando today on a tourist from Mexico who came to Disney attractions two days ago to visit," Hauck wrote in an email obtained by Eyewitness News.
No further details have been released, but Eyewitness News is working to learn specifically what days the tourist was at the parks and which park the tourist went to.
Details about the tourist, beyond being from Mexico, have not been released.

SirGoofy

And this is why the US should check everyone that gets off a plane from Mexico for the sickness. I don't want to get this just because I go to work one day.:brick:

GrumpyFan

Oh boy! :lookaroun Here we go!

Let the panic begin! :eek:

I'm being sarcastic, but, I would expect it to turn into a panic by the end of the day.

So far, this is un-confirmed, so we SHOULD all wait and see what happens.

SirGoofy

I'm being sarcastic, but, I would expect it to turn into a panic by the end of the day.

I'm not saying there should be a panic, but that doesn't change the fact that Mexican tourists should be checked when they get off a plane.

Britain does it.

mcjaco

I'm still in hiding from the Bird Flu. Has that passed yet?

Oh wait.....the media overblew that one too............:rolleyes:

jpm46

Nobody said panic, the poster was just giving us the info. And what part of the headline "Swine Flu Case Confirmed in Orlando" leads you to believe this is "unconfirmed"?!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
And this is why the US should check everyone that gets off a plane from Mexico for the sickness. I don't want to get this just because I go to work one day.:brick:
Checking planes just from Mexico won't stop the spread. And given that individuals are usually contagious for 24 hours before they start having symptoms, it won't necessarily stop it even if they check every traveler.

Washing your hands regularly and avoiding putting your hands near your eyes, nose and mouth are your best defence.

Panic isn't necessary, just common sense and added hand washing.

2Siamese

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned of Orlando's first confirmed case of swine flu. According to the chief medical officer for Adventist Health System, Loran Hauck, the case was diagnosed Tuesday morning.

"A case was diagnosed here in Orlando today on a tourist from Mexico who came to Disney attractions two days ago to visit," Hauck wrote in an email obtained by Eyewitness News.

No further details have been released, but Eyewitness News is working to learn specifically what days the tourist was at the parks and which park the tourist went to.

Details about the tourist, beyond being from Mexico, have not been released.

Eyewitness News contacted the lOrange County Health Department ate Tuesday morning. They said they were unable to confirm the report.

Disney told Eyewitness News late Tuesday morning that they have not received any confirmation about a swine flu case involving a guest.

What part leads you to believe its unconfirmed? How about having the enitre article quoted. It specfically says the Orange County Health Department are unable to confirm...

Please people use common sence and use reasonable hygene practices but panicing is counter productive and well, to be honest just plain silly.

The Mom

Premium Member
Nobody said panic, the poster was just giving us the info. And what part of the headline "Swine Flu Case Confirmed in Orlando" leads you to believe this is "unconfirmed"?!

I suspect they sent a sample to the CDC for an absolute, 100%, diagnosis. .

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Eyewitness News contacted the Orange County Health Department late Tuesday morning. They said they were unable to confirm the report.

Disney told Eyewitness News late Tuesday morning that they have not received any confirmation about a swine flu case involving a guest.

SirGoofy

So I've had the idea to put purel stations around the parks.

I realize they may not fit in theming wise, but personally I would love being able to wash my hands without having to go into the bathroom.

Anybody else feel this way?

jmvd20

I am thinking about starting to wear a dust mask everywhere I go. The only question I have is do you think the mask will clash with my aluminum foil hat that I always wear? I just dont want to look silly in public...

DrJones

As of 12:25 PM. The Orlando Sentinel has "Health officials: No confirmed local cases of swine flu". Seems to disagree with the other local news group.

happymom52003

The CDC website has a list of confirmed cases in the US, and so far Florida is not on the list.

It looks to me like this is a suspected case of Swine flu, and they are probably in the process of confirming whether it is or not.

If you all want to know which cases are truly confirmed as Swine flu, just continue to check the CDC website...that is the most reliable source for info on this.

News reports can be misleading.

girlface

Can you still get bacon for breakfast at WDW?

How about tacos?

:animwink:

I like your outlook on it :) I wish i was as carm as you. I tend to over react but this is freaking me out. Most media are contradicting itself,some "Experts" are saying we should panic others are saying there is no need. They also havent been very clear on the people outside of mexico and the extent of theer illness. Ridiculous.

If your going to disney i woudnt worry to much,For health and safety they would of had to give it a good scrub a dub dub!

Hope you all stay well. x

I am thinking about starting to wear a dust mask everywhere I go. The only question I have is do you think the mask will clash with my aluminum foil hat that I always wear? I just dont want to look silly in public...

Mine will not fit over my gas mask and may look a bit much with my mickey mouse poncho. I was thinking of accesorizing with a first aid kit purse. Hawt! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom