Swampy the Alligator meet n greet

asianway

They really should bring them back out. As long as Disney's interested in using M&Gs as a promotional tool, why not feature M&Gs with the Gators, who are already on all of the water park graphics and merchandise? They could be real money-makers if they catch on. :shrug:

Typhoon got rid of all the Lagoona merch although he still has his lil house under the clock tower. Blizzard had like one tshirt left with Ice last time I checked, but he's still more integrated into the park, logos and such.

This sounds like when Club Penguin started m&g they lasted one month?

Only TDO could screw up something so simple as the m&g experience...

NewfieFan

Typhoon got rid of all the Lagoona merch although he still has his lil house under the clock tower. Blizzard had like one tshirt left with Ice last time I checked, but he's still more integrated into the park, logos and such.

That's not entirely true! The Club Penguin M&G was only a test to begin with. It went away but never came back! Was it lack of popularity or something else!?! Who knows!?! And the popularity of a character sometimes has nothing to do with the character staying or leaving - we all remember what happened to Flynn Rider!

I think this character is more popular than a lot of folks in this thread I'm assuming. I love the classic characters too but I'd bet more kids know who Swampy is than Jiminy Cricket.

steamboat wil

How about they put tic tock croc, louis, the waterpark gators and this iphone app clown together for a "royal rumble" style wrestling match in world showcase lagoon during illuminations. Winner gets a premiere meet and greet.

TinkIce

My sisters were just talking the other day about how much they would LOVE to have a Swampy M&G. They're obsessed with "Where's My Water?". Can't wait to tell them the good news :sohappy:

Also, good to know so many of you are against this. It means that my sisters and I will have more time with Swampy to ourselves :D ;)

Timekeeper

Also, good to know so many of you are against this. It means that my sisters and I will have more time with Swampy to ourselves :D ;)

It seems that, a lot of times, when fans are "against" something, it's not so much that they are against the thing per se, but it's that they are against the thing at the expense of something else. For example, why bring Swampy in and kick beloved characters like Jiminy Cricket out? Same goes for rides. A Twilight ride would admittedly suck, but it would suck a lot more if it took the place of the Haunted Mansion, or in reality, took the place of anything else that could be added instead. :cry:

TinkIce

It seems that, a lot of times, when fans are "against" something, it's not so much that they are against the thing per se, but it's that they are against the thing at the expense of something else. For example, why bring Swampy in and kick beloved characters like Jiminy Cricket out? Same goes for rides. A Twilight ride would admittedly suck, but it would suck a lot more if it took the place of the Haunted Mansion, or in reality, took the place of anything else that could be added instead. :cry:

Really? Cause I think a lot more people are going to go see Swampy than they would Jiminy. I know my family personally never cared to see him. In all the years we've been going, we've only seen him once, and that's just cause we were at RPW at the right time :shrug: I understand what you're talking about, but you really can't compare The Haunted Mansion to a M&G w/ Jiminy Cricket; it's like comparing apples to anchovies :lol:

Besides, I thought most of you guys here were against M&G in general, so.... again, more for me :D

Rob562

So Disney creates an *original* character (admittedly for a mobile phone game), and want to add more cross-company synergy with it? Heaven forbid!

I downloaded the free version they were offering over Christmas, got hooked and then downloaded the full version. (OMG, a whopping 99 cents). While not a character I'd rush to see on every visit, I'd go and get a photo taken on my next visit. I can even see the use of "bonus levels" when you get your photo taken with him... Pose for photo, then they have a QR code you can grab with your phone that unlocks a new level or two.

I also like the other hidden characters in the game. (Did you catch Wall-E in the background?)

-Rob

Timekeeper

Really? Cause I think a lot more people are going to go see Swampy than they would Jiminy. I know my family personally never cared to see him. In all the years we've been going, we've only seen him once, and that's just cause we were at RPW at the right time :shrug: I understand what you're talking about, but you really can't compare The Haunted Mansion to a M&G w/ Jiminy Cricket; it's like comparing apples to anchovies :lol:

Besides, I thought most of you guys here were against M&G in general, so.... again, more for me :D

They're called "examples," and yes, examples are often exaggerated to illustrate a point. Apples and anchovies are both... um.. edible? :slurp: Jiminy might not strike your fancy, but a new character from a tablet game does raise questions as to Disney's priorities. :cry:

But alas, I'd probably want a pic with him too. So there's two of us.

WDWGoof07

Meh, I don't really care either way about Swampy. But, seriously, why does a mobile game character get a regular M&G while Louis only gets brought out for special events?

Ciciwoowoo

I think he looks like Al from the shorts "Can you teach my alligator manners" on Disney Junior.

:)

I've never heard of the water game, but then again, I don't own an "i" anything.

I got the game...I've been playing for 4hrs now. It's one of the most addicting things I've played in a while. I care about meeting Swampy but I will anyway.

I'm still hoping for the random/classic character meet n greet in Storybook Circus.

The Empress Lilly

Meh. Not for me. Disney shouldn't be some sort of Las Vegas, where you go to visit the latest celebrity, cartoon or real-life.

I think games apps characters suit Universal better. You know, the slightly less creative, less sophisticated, slightly more common park.

bhg469

I got this on the android market a month ago . The character does nothing for me its just a really good puzzle game. Ill take him over most of the new tv characters though.

dreamfinder

Not having played the game, is there any depth to the character at all? Admittedly you don't get a life story in a 90 minute movie, but you do have character development. If Swampy is just a mascot, with no real depth, backstory (besides wanting to taking a shower) etc then it's a bit iffy to me. I'm all for new characters, even ones tied to video games, but usually there is some emotional tie to the good characters.

drew81

Original Poster
They really should bring them back out. As long as Disney's interested in using M&Gs as a promotional tool, why not feature M&Gs with the Gators, who are already on all of the water park graphics and merchandise? They could be real money-makers if they catch on. :shrug:

Ice and Lagoona would need a redesign before they would come back IMO

Well Studios management did screw up the Club Penguin meet n greet. The Club Penguin website(the official one) had posted about the meet n greet with the dates and times. I know for fact that one family drove from out of state just to see Rockhopper and Blue Penguin. Ent management had already pulled them for the day. The family arrived and no Club Penguin characters. Granted, the family was upset so they had to do recovery the following day and have a private meet n greet.

Meh, I don't really care either way about Swampy. But, seriously, why does a mobile game character get a regular M&G while Louis only gets brought out for special events?

Yes, I agree. Louis could be out for Halloween and Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom