SW1k- Video! A Must see, true Disney magic!

wdwdave09

Congrats Ben!

This whole story was very moving!

Thank-you so very much for making my day - in fact, starting my week off on such a positive note!

To all involved - bless you!

Congratulations to Ben and his family. And please keep us posted on his progress (Lokheed indicated he is showing progress). My family will be at WDW in June - we'll look for you at SWSA! Thanks for giving me new perspective on an "old, outdated ride" (my words). I often don't appreciate the precious, little things in life. Thank-you for helping me to refocus.

Best of luck.

And thank-you to the CMs at the Magic Kingdom. You have a thankless job but somehow you still manage to let your heart shine through. This kind of story is what makes Disney different. Lots of companies do this type of thing once in a while, but not as often or as regularly as Disney. Kudos to all the hard-working CMs, especially Graham and Snow White, for making a little boy's dream come true. In fact, in a way, the CMs made all of our dreams come true because we all dream of showing others what makes Disney so special.

Thanks again!

thimblekisses

Thank you, everyone, for your support! I cannot tell you how happy I was that we were able to witness this Magical Moment. I am glad that we were able to do something to mark this special event for Ben! It was truly moving to watch Ben and Snow White together and to be fortunate enough to be in the same car as the magic took place. It took my breath away. I was so overwhelmed with joy once it was all over that it took a while to come down from the high! It is especially touching seeing Ben so happy because we have an autistic boy, Joseph, in our family who is thirteen, and we love to see him open up for things he is passionate about (his favorites are trains and Nemo!)
Ron, I'm so glad you were able to get such wonderful pictures. Those turned out great!!! I bet Ben will treasure those for years to come. Ignore the geeks in the backseat of the mine car! :animwink:
If there's ever anything we can do again, please let us know. It was such a joy to be a part of SW1K and I look forward to seeing you both again!

BTW, I too wrote to Guest Services praising Graham (even though i know him, haha), Snow White, and all the Cinderellabration CMs who helped out.
Send them a note, guys!

shakes20

Oh Wow. I am so thrilled for Ben and also humbled to see how much people truly do go out of their way for others. Our son is also in the Autistic Spectrum and this story has touched our hearts so deeply. WDW is the perfect vacation for special needs kids. Thank you to everyone involved and especially to all those who shared this wonderful moment with all of us. We will also never again ride SW without thinking of all of you and how the magic really is real. :sohappy:

PaisleyMF

Congratulations on 1000 rides, and for 1000 more my best wishes.

That's truly Disney Magic.

PS may I suggest to bring the video to this specifications, it may reduce the time and the space:
Apple QuickTime, codec Sorenson 3, resolution at 320 X 240 (or a little less) 15 frames per second, mono 8 bit.

or

MPEG 4 (mp4) 320 X 240 at 15 frames with MP3 audio

Lokheed

thimblekisses said:
Ron, I'm so glad you were able to get such wonderful pictures. Those turned out great!!! I bet Ben will treasure those for years to come. Ignore the geeks in the backseat of the mine car! :animwink:
If there's ever anything we can do again, please let us know. It was such a joy to be a part of SW1K and I look forward to seeing you both again!

It was a pleasure meeting you both, and anytime you are in the Magic Kingdom on the weekend you are welcome to look us up. You've got my phone number, feel free to give me a call. More often than not if you just lurk around SWSA on a Saturday afternoon, Ben and I will show up eventually.

PhilharMagician

Congrats Ben on SW1k.

That was one of the kindest and most amazing things I have ever seen. My hat is off to all who made that 1000th trip so special. I will get comments of to guest services for the 2 CM's involved, but I want to say thank you to Ryland & Corrine for documenting and sharing this with us.

This definately shows me that the magic is still there!

:) :) :) :) :)

Bizarra

*sniffles*

Normally I lurk here.. so I have been following Lokheed's posts about Ben and Snow White. What you guys did for Ben was just Magical. That is what Disney is all about. When all the busines politics and all of that is done for the day.... that video... that's what Disney is all about.

That truly made my day. You guys are special!

And I love the video updates!!

:sohappy:

NTI2002

That was the sweetest thing ever.

lol Like I said in a previous post, the show I'm doing has me on an emotional rollercoaster, so now I'm in tears! no fair!

This reminds me why I love Disney so much.

Mr. Incredible

Wow... I watched that video today and was so touched. Words cannot express my own haqppiness at being able to particpate in some way in the magic moment, thanks to technology and lal the fine people involved. I did send a note of commendation to guest services.

On a side note: Ryland...dude... do NOT fix it so that only paying subscribers can see your videos. I say this from nothing more than pure selfishness. I will never pay to subscribe and I would truly miss your videos.

wannabeBelle

Hey there, I understand about not wanting to pay to subscribe. I dont share you view but I do respect it. However the bandwidth necessary to have videos like that is just very expensive. The reason that they are free now near as I can guess (technoidiot that I am) is that Steve is giving them the bandwidth to host the streaming video. The videos on this site were free for a while but the cost of producing it became too much for one person to bear alone, hence the subscription service. Hope this clears things up. Belle

Atta83

I cant even express how happy that video made me and touched me. Now I remember why I love working at Disney, moments like this!

maxime29

Premium Member
Ryland...dude... do NOT fix it so that only paying subscribers can see your videos. I say this from nothing more than pure selfishness. I will never pay to subscribe and I would truly miss your videos.

I believe they are setting it up so they are free to view for a week, and you need to become a member to view them once they become archived.

I do not have a credit card yet, therefore I cannot become a premium member. I understand where you are somewhat coming from. Although, I will plan on becoming a member as soon as I can. Like what was said before: webspace and bandwidth costs $$$.

Lokheed

Speaking as someone who operates two community websites, let me also chime in with understanding the need for paid premium access. Loading standard web pages is no big deal, and even operating a busy message board is not going to blow out your bandwidth, but any kind of large media can be a real budget buster. Large pictures, streaming audio and video files, things like that can really wind up costing a chunk of change for whoever is paying the bills. If you happen to get farked or slashdotted, you are in a world of hurt. At a certain point you as a webmaster are left no other choice but to charge for the things that are busting your budget. That not only makes sense, it is very fair. It is very rare that anybody is making a profit from the membership fees (except the web hosting company).

Brent

Congrats on the 1,000th ride Ben! It was truely magical to see the pics & the video. It brought a tear to my eye I was thriled to be able to enjoy it. I hope it also stays free because I'm jobless & have no credit card, but if it doesn't I would find I way to pay to be able to enjoy this for years to come.
P.S. 1st post after a LONG time of lurking :)

barnum42

I still can't get the video to play for more than several seconds. Ryland, is this video a higher quality than your last update video? The one still plays sweet as a nut.

notnothin

Absolutely the most kind act I've ever seen. Everyone that contributed to make this happen should feel very proud of themselves. Good show!

Greatest dad ever! Congratulations, Ben, on your 1000th ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom