Surprise! Red Tier Now Begins Sunday; Downtown Disney Restaurants???

Darkbeer1

>>Gov. Gavin Newsom indicated Wednesday that ballparks could open for fans for every game this season. The governor said the state and league executives have been working on the details with an optimistic look ahead to Opening Day.

"We have confidence that looking forward to April, Opening Day, where we are likely to be if we all do our job and we don’t let down our guard…then I have all the confidence in the world fans will be back safely in a lot of outdoor venues," he told reporters at an event in Long Beach.

Gov. Newsom, however, did not make any guarantees, adding that another uptick in coronavirus cases could slow down the process even more.<<

TP2000

Original Poster
What was the point of mentioning the small businesses if not to connect them to looting then?
The point was that in June, 2020 nail salons and many other small businesses had been closed for months because of Covid restrictions on people gathering.

Big businesses too, like Disneyland, but it was the small business owners who were hurting the most after three months of closure.

Then suddenly it became very fashionable to attend mass protest marches, and our elected leaders even waded out into the middle of huge crowds to virtue signal and make Official Important Statements to make themselves look good. Meanwhile, a block away, beauty shops and nail salons had been closed for three months and their owners were watching their entire life's work and investment go down the toilet because those same politicians told them they must remain closed to stop the spread of Covid.

It had nothing to do with looting, and I'm not sure where you got looting from. It was political mandates that had kept small businesses closed for months while politicians like a maskless Mayor Garcetti did PR stunts like this in June, 2020...

As long as you understand that my condemnation only has to do with COVID-19, then we're on the same page. I don't recognize it as being tone deaf or necessarily self-absorbing either though. :)

I found it tone deaf and self-absorbed. Small businesses were forced to remain closed for a year and put themselves out of business permanently, but if you attended a very fashionable protest march then those rules didn't apply to you or its organizers.

Californian Elitist

The point was that in June, 2020 nail salons and many other small businesses had been closed for months because of Covid restrictions on people gathering.

Big businesses too, like Disneyland, but it was the small business owners who were hurting the most after three months of closure.

Then suddenly it became very fashionable to attend mass protest marches, and our elected leaders even waded out into the middle of huge crowds to virtue signal and make Official Important Statements to make themselves look good. Meanwhile, a block away, beauty shops and nail salons had been closed for three months and their owners were watching their entire life's work and investment go down the toilet because those same politicians told them they must remain closed to stop the spread of Covid.

It had nothing to do with looting, and I'm not sure where you got looting from. It was political mandates that had kept small businesses closed for months while politicians like a maskless Mayor Garcetti did PR stunts like this in June, 2020...

I found it tone deaf and self-absorbed. Small businesses were forced to remain closed for a year and put themselves out of business permanently, but if you attended a very fashionable protest march then those rules didn't apply to you or its organizers.
Ok.

TP2000

Original Poster
I know how you love to Google. ;)

Where the heck were you two hours ago?!?! I was desperately trying to Google up on the kitchen iPad "How To Make Fondue Not Clumpy" with one hand while I stirred frantically with the other hand. Google tried to tell me what to do, but I was so distracted it was hard to focus. It was tragic, but also hysterical. 🤣

I don't know what I did wrong this time. But my hunch is that I eyeballed the amount of lemon juice and cornstarch too heavy before I added in the vermouth and cognac (oh, and two kinds of cheese). I hate it when I get too confident and don't measure.

Seriously, it was the most disastrous Fondue Nite that I have done in several years. Clumpy, lumpy, and just... tragic. :eek:

Even Google couldn't save me.

flutas

Where the heck were you two hours ago?!?! I was desperately trying to Google up on the kitchen iPad "How To Make Fondue Not Clumpy" with one hand while I stirred frantically with the other hand. Google tried to tell me what to do, but I was so distracted it was hard to focus. It was tragic, but also hysterical. 🤣

I don't know what I did wrong this time. But my hunch is that I eyeballed the amount of lemon juice and cornstarch too heavy before I added in the vermouth and cognac (oh, and two kinds of cheese). I hate it when I get too confident and don't measure.

Seriously, it was the most disastrous Fondue Nite that I have done in several years. Clumpy, lumpy, and just... tragic. :eek:

Even Google couldn't save me.

If you wanna go the restaurant route, then sodium citrate is your best friend.

Emmanuel

A change to the Tiers is already planned.

"After the state achieves its 2-million dose goal, however, counties with a case rate of up to 10 new cases per day per 100,000 people will become eligible for the red tier."

"The change in policy stands to accelerate the movement for many Southern California counties, allowing them to broadly reopen their economies sooner. Under the new proposed rules, L.A., Orange and San Bernardino counties would already be eligible to exit the purple tier, while Riverside, Ventura and San Diego counties would also be close to qualifying."

Disney Irish

Premium Member

A change to the Tiers is already planned.

"After the state achieves its 2-million dose goal, however, counties with a case rate of up to 10 new cases per day per 100,000 people will become eligible for the red tier."

"The change in policy stands to accelerate the movement for many Southern California counties, allowing them to broadly reopen their economies sooner. Under the new proposed rules, L.A., Orange and San Bernardino counties would already be eligible to exit the purple tier, while Riverside, Ventura and San Diego counties would also be close to qualifying."
Yep, just posted in the Reopening thread too.

Darkbeer1

Downtown Disney could offer Indoor Dining as soon as Saturday, March 13th.

>>Gov. Gavin Newsom confirmed Wednesday that Los Angeles County will be cleared to escape the most restrictive tier of the state's economic-reopening blueprint by Friday, when a goal will be met of administering 2 million COVID-19 vaccines in low-income, hard-hit communities across California.

Under a plan announced last week, once the state hits the 2 million-dose milestone, the state's "Blueprint for a Safer Economy'' that governs business reopenings will be adjusted, making it easier for counties to advance through the four-tier matrix.

As of Wednesday, the state had administered 1,926,968 doses in hard-hit communities, and Newsom said the 2 million mark will be reached by Friday.

When that mark is met, counties will be able to move out of the most restrictive "purple'' tier of the blueprint when their average rate of daily new COVID-19 infections reaches 10 per 100,000 residents -- a looser standard than the current 7 per 100,000 residents.

Under the new guidelines, Los Angeles and Orange counties would both immediately qualify to move to the less-restrictive "red'' tier, since they have both been under the 10 per 100,000 standard for two weeks. Los Angeles County's new case rate is currently 5.2 per 100,000 residents, while Orange County's is 6 per 100,000.

The "red'' tier allows counties to reopen indoor restaurants, fitness centers and movie theaters, while also increasing capacity at retail stores and shopping malls.

"Southern California, you will be a beneficiary of this,'' Newsom said during a visit to a mobile vaccination clinic in South Gate.<<

Last edited:

October82

Downtown Disney could offer Indoor Dining as soon as Saturday, March 13th.

>>Gov. Gavin Newsom confirmed Wednesday that Los Angeles County will be cleared to escape the most restrictive tier of the state's economic-reopening blueprint by Friday, when a goal will be met of administering 2 million COVID-19 vaccines in low-income, hard-hit communities across California.

Under a plan announced last week, once the state hits the 2 million-dose milestone, the state's "Blueprint for a Safer Economy'' that governs business reopenings will be adjusted, making it easier for counties to advance through the four-tier matrix.

As of Wednesday, the state had administered 1,926,968 doses in hard-hit communities, and Newsom said the 2 million mark will be reached by Friday.

When that mark is met, counties will be able to move out of the most restrictive "purple'' tier of the blueprint when their average rate of daily new COVID-19 infections reaches 10 per 100,000 residents -- a looser standard than the current 7 per 100,000 residents.

Under the new guidelines, Los Angeles and Orange counties would both immediately qualify to move to the less-restrictive "red'' tier, since they have both been under the 10 per 100,000 standard for two weeks. Los Angeles County's new case rate is currently 5.2 per 100,000 residents, while Orange County's is 6 per 100,000.

The "red'' tier allows counties to reopen indoor restaurants, fitness centers and movie theaters, while also increasing capacity at retail stores and shopping malls.

"Southern California, you will be a beneficiary of this,'' Newsom said during a visit to a mobile vaccination clinic in South Gate.<<

Since it needs to be said, if you are in a group that is at risk of severe covid-19 complications, do not eat indoors or at restaurants that are not operating in a clearly safe manner. Opening indoor dining is not a statement that it is safe to eat indoors, it is a consequence of the need to balance the economic impacts with the spread of the virus. Takeout and outdoor dining are much safer.

MoonRakerSCM

Got back from a weekend trip to San Antonio (Fri-Mon). That's a great little town. We wined and dined inside restaurants and bars all over the metro area. Had a spectacular dinner in the Charthouse atop the Tower of the Americas with an unbeatable view. The bars in the riverwalk were beyond hopping and we enjoyed all the hustle and bustle of the city and its residents/visitors. We attended a rodeo which was certainly a fun culture shock... toured the Alamo (on the anniversary of the end of the battle) while many activities occurred (saw a rousing speech by Allen West)... and visited a cave NE of town.

I highly recommend Natural Bridge Caverns if you're ever in the area... quite commercialized, but the caves are well kept and quite decorated with speleothems. One of the better caves I've visited considering how touristy it is.

I was swamped the past few days with work and suddenly today, Iended up at a Del Taco for a quick lunch... walked in... ordered... and then turned around and realized... oh... right... I'm in CA... can't eat inside.

What's the most recent news on this place opening up again? It's getting expensive spending weekends in other states!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom