Surprise Mission: Space Fast Passes

fngoofy

dxwwf3 said:
I can agree with that. But I do feel the ride is actually pretty tame and the warnings feel like extreme overkill, but Disney does have to try and warn people the best they can to avoid silly lawsuits.

I disagree, I have a strong stomach but MS kicked my butt. I almost lost my breakfast and it was a good hour before I was feeling even close to better.

We ran into at least 3 other families that also had issues with MS.

I don't think the warnings are over the top, I just think that as others have said:
1. You ride it once and not again
2. You hear from others their experience and decide not to ride.
Combine them and you have an eTic that doesn't have the demand.

I think if they could have altered the experience they would have, but I don't think they can change the physics of ride.

peter11435 said:
Besides what the others have already said I would like to know how the heck you feel they could have given guests a sensations of weightlessness.

Then why did Disney promise it the initial press releases?

TimeTrip

STR8FAN2005 said:
Do any of us really no what it means to feel weightless? I think the closest you come to it on Earth is in water.
Ride a good hypercoaster, superman at SFMM, a good drop ride, or pay some thousands to ride on the commercial version of the vomit comet. ToT counts for the parts of the sequence where its not accelerating you faster than gravity.

peter11435

Ghostbuster626 said:
Disney never promised anything. They did say that guests would feel the sensation of being weightless, not that guests would actually feel weightless. The ride does give you the sensation (read: it kind of feels like but not really) of being weightless. After launch when the centrifuge slows down and tilts you towards the screen it feels as much like being weightless as would be possible in a theme park simulator that stays on the ground. No you’re not actually weightless at all but after having the g-forces of launch lifted and being leaned out of your seat if you use your imagination (as you should on any Disney attraction) you will have the sensation of being weightless.

DonaldDoleWhip

Surprise fastpasses for Mission: Space? Aw, if I got one I would have gone on it this past vacation. And if they had to start dispensing M:S fastpasses, I'm sure that the wait would have been tolerable (add the fact that I would have been a single rider).

I've never gotten a surprise fastpass. But I have seen buttons on the back of the fastpass machines at Stitch and Buzz Lightyear, and pressed them out of 'curiosity'.

Junior member? Didn't notice. :sohappy:

TimeTrip

Ghostbuster626 said:

From a quoted disney press release:

Guests can take flight to the Moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator ride that salutes the Star Wars series. Synchronizing a stunning film with the virtually limitless gyrations of the simulator, the attraction takes guests on a hair-raising, light-speed trip aboard a careening star speeder.

But you don't really go to endor do you? You're also not really on a star speeder.

There *is* this thing call suspension of disbelief.

GothMickey

I was on M:S and I felt it was intense.. Decent attraction, but not one I will ride again.. Didn't like it that much.. and I didn't get sick on it.

Thelazer

A soltuion to this would be that you have a choice of a "intense" ride, or a "non intense" ride.

Simply put, 2 of the sims stay at there current speed and such. The other 2 are dumbed down quite a bit.

dxwwf3

Thelazer said:
A soltuion to this would be that you have a choice of a "intense" ride, or a "non intense" ride.

Simply put, 2 of the sims stay at there current speed and such. The other 2 are dumbed down quite a bit.

If they tone down the ride much more, will it even be worth riding?

MAF

Count me in as another one who would NEVER ride this attraction again. I was sick for hours aftewards, yet my brother felt fine and said it was not intense at all. I guess it affects everyone differently, but like I said I will be passing on this one from now on...

Pongo

Thelazer said:

But that's the difference between "We're really flying to Mars!" and "We're pretending to fly to Mars in a motion simulator!"

Personally, I would prefer the former.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think it is fine just the way it is.

I agree. Sure I would personally be very happy if they would bump the intensity up more, but what we have now is pretty darn good and after the initial disapointment after the first few rides, it has grown on me and now I'd definitely say it's a fun ride.

dxwwf3

Pongo said:
But that's the difference between "We're really flying to Mars!" and "We're pretending to fly to Mars in a motion simulator!"

We are just training for the flight anyways :animwink:

imagineer boy

Pongo said:

Ahh, well said. That was pretty much the point I was trying to bring across.

askmike1

So Ghostbuster, you got your evidence that astronauts said it was realistic, how about some comments (like maybe "Okay, I was wrong").

Thelazer said:
But where do you draw the line? Should they make every other train in BtmRR slower? Should every other Star Tours pod just show the video? Should they add teacups that do not spin? Should they stop the audio in Small World for every other boat? The answer to all these questions is no. The attractions were designed the way they are for a reason. Mission: Space is meant to be experienced the way it is. Every other attraction in WDW is designed to be experienced the way it is.

-Michael

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom