Surprise Mission: Space Fast Passes

peter11435

Ghostbuster626 said:
This is not surprising at all. Mission Space is a poorly made attraction with little to no re-rideability.

While I agree that the attraction has a low repeat value IMO. It is crazy to say it is poorly made. It is a spectacular attraction from start to finish. The only problem is that it gets old after a while. I have not met (in person) a single person who did not love the ride the first time they were on it. But most people I know thought subsequent rides were no where near as great as their first.

wannab@dis

christyj said:
Thank you! I guess after reading the entire discussion I never really felt he thought that his opinion was "gospel". My husband, 11 year old son and 6 year old son love MS and I do not. But I never trash the ride to them I just spend a lot of time sitting outside the gift shop watching people throw up and sit with there heads between there legs. As an ER and ICU nurse I feel bad for them. But on the positive side no one in myfamily has ever gotten sick from the ride.:sohappy:
In all the times I've been there, I've never seen anyone throw up. I've seen a few that looked a little green around the edges, but I've seen that outside the teacups. :lol:

The one person that I know that got a little nauseated finally admitted that he kept looking over to see if his wife was ok. Needless to say, he didn't feel very good and she really liked the attraction.

Captain Hank

*sneaks into thread*

JimboJones123 said:
Atis???????

Adventure Through Inner Space. It was an omnimover attraction in Disneyland, California that explored a snowflake at the atomic and subatomic levels. It was replaced by Star Tours. There is a tribute in the Star Tours film to ATIS--You can see the Mighty Microscope set piece on the right side of the hangar bay towards the beginning of the film.

*backs quietly out of thread*

EpcotServo

christyj said:
I just spend a lot of time sitting outside the gift shop watching people throw up and sit with there heads between there legs.
You know I hear this alot....but everytime I go I never see any of this. Even when I went on 6 times in a row...I saw nobody looking at the least bit sick. People get sick on M:S because they are eating greasy fast food in the heat of summer and waited in a line for an hour. M:S just shakes it out of them. (Or they didn't follow the rules.) I just wish I could get the facts on this. I'm at Epcot every week and have never once seen anyone get sick. How am I missing this? :veryconfu

christyj

Trust me, as a nurse I look for these things. In december, it was raining so I was inside after taking the chicken exit. I waited at the end of the hall and watched a lady throw up in her bag all the way down the hall.

WDWFREAK53

Hehe, I've definitely seen the people outside at the exit needing to take a sit. I know exactly what she's talking about...although, I've never seen anybody get sick.

PintoColvig

christyj said:
I guess I did miss the sarcasm and the joke.

Now, welcome to the boards! Hang around awhile and you can start bashing people, too! [yes, more sarcasm!] Seriously, though, folks around here are nice enough except when you come off as being a know-it-all when everyone else knows that you don't know it all. :lookaroun Of course, I haven't seen anyone around here lately that met that description. [yes, even more sarcasm!] Anyway, welcome!

Mr.EPCOT

A good friend of mine works the Mission: Space Race post-show game, so I spend quite a bit of time in there, and I can't say that I've ever seen anyone throw up right there in the ATL. I have been there once or twice where someone has actually thrown up in the capsule, and they shut that centrifuge down, but I'm sure that is few and far in between. I have a feeling that, more often than not, when it does make someone nauseous, it's not so bad that they actually need to throw up, or at least make it to the restrooms before they do.

EpcotServo

christyj said:
Trust me, as a nurse I look for these things. In december, it was raining so I was inside after taking the chicken exit. I waited at the end of the hall and watched a lady throw up in her bag all the way down the hall.
Sorry if my post came off wrong, I'm not doubting that you saw it. I'm just wondering why I never see it. :veryconfu :hammer: (Welcome to WDWMagic BTW)

christyj

Like I said, as a nurse I LOOK for these things. ( why I am not sure) Trust me you are not missing anything, It is not fun to watch,

Enderikari

Oh... By the way... Welcome to WDWMagic ChristyJ. Always glad to see another fan of Walt Disney World.. Browse around.. ask questions... make friends... But most of all, have a great time!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

christyj

Thank you. We love WDW and we wish we lived closer. We are in Colorado and just joined the dvc this year. We are headed back in September to Saratoga Springs. Any one stayed there??

Enderikari

christyj said:
Thank you. We love WDW and we wish we lived closer. We are in Colorado and just joined the dvc this year. We are headed back in September to Saratoga Springs. Any one stayed there??

Never stayed there. but I pop in to eat at their quick service food location the artists palette every now and then, they have some of the best chili on property there. Other than that, SS itself is gorgeous, with a great pool.

Shaman

christyj said:

I've actually watched as they wheeled people out with the paramedics at the sides...M:S is a fantastic and unique attraction...but it really isn't for everyone. I personally feel that the only negative that can be said about M:S is that it doesn't have a large pavilion to go with the attraction. A Space pavilion would've been cool...but the ride rocks...I try to ride it each trip...and trust me I don't complain about short lines on M:S...I welcome them...

:D

Enderikari said:
Never stayed there. but I pop in to eat at their quick service food location the artists palette every now and then, In my opinion they have some of the best chili on property there. Other than that, In my opinion SS itself is gorgeous, with a great pool.

corrected for you. Thank me later.

HMGhost13

Ghostbuster, I had respect for you for you name but the mor ei read..the more i begin to dislike you.

if MS has such a little re-rideability, then why do YOU go on it time and time again? and don't say you don't. you said yourself you have ridden it many times.

convoluted storyline? HM has NO true storyline. it's a mish-mash of ghost effects in various rooms and such. big thunder has no storyline at all. space mountain has no storyline. Mission Space has one.

*shakes head* if your whole purpose is to be here and bash this and that about disney and how they run things you're in the wrong place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom