Surprise Mission: Space Fast Passes

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:
If my opinion is uninformed then how comes the website run by Disney and Pixar professionals agrees with me?

Answer me that and I'll show you a green dog.

I don't trust that the re-imagineering website is run by anything more than Jim Hill wanna-bes that may have... at one point... been contract players in Imagineering. That website is full of a bunch of fools who would rather do nothing than make WDW and DL into a museum. Is Horizons a better attraction than M:S? That's an opinion thing. I personally prefer it, and think that most people's wistful rememberings of Horizons are tainted by a gilded view of the past.
When i say you are uniformed, I mean exactly that. You have no other source of information other than the blind believe of people who run websites that promote the same agenda you do. You have no information of your own, and no other way to get that information. Its not hard to see how that logical pattern follows.
You present M:S as being a poorly made attraction, but isn't it the most expensive attraction WDW ever built? Didn't Imagineering finally get some of the budget the were always crying about? Doesn't it feature new technologies used in a way to tell a coherent story?

P.S. Show me a green dog, and I will knock a few years off of my perception of your age.

imagineersrock

Ghostbuster626 said:
This is not surprising at all. Mission Space is a poorly made attraction with little to no re-rideability.
Just for a laugh...

1.) I'd like you to give me an attraction you don't have a problem with.

2.) Define re-rideability. I don't see how Mission: Space is any different than any other attraction on property. Besides Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom- Off the top of my head I can't really think of any other rides that are not the same exact ride, every ride.

tonganprince

I love the take off part, but the rest of it is pretty lame.

I felt that way the first time I rode it.

That being said, I will ride it every time I go back.

imagineersrock said:
Just for a laugh...

1.) I'd like you to give me an attraction you don't have a problem with.

2.) Define re-rideability. I don't see how Mission: Space is any different than any other attraction on property. Besides Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom- Off the top of my head I can't really think of any other rides that are not the same exact ride, every ride.

a) Star Tours, Splash Mountain, POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Maelstorm, peter pan, Dumbo, Soarin, and TTA just to name a few.

b) I'll use Splash Mountain as an example. SM has rerideability because it has story, heart, and lots of details. Its a ride guests want to ride again and again. Mission Space is a bare bones attraction with a mediocre theme and poor CG visuals.

Basically the stuff I have a real problem with is:

Mission: Space
Tiki Room Under New Mangement
Stich escape
DINO RaMa

The rule at WDI is supposed to be..if your gonna replace an attraction..replace it with something better.

Replacing food rocks with Soarin = Good

Replacing Horizons with mission:SPACE = bad

Replacing ATIS with Star Tours = Good

Replacing Journey into imagination with Journey into your imagination or Journey into your imagination guest staring figment = bad

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
a) Star Tours, Splash Mountain, POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Maelstorm, peter pan, Dumbo, and TTA just to name a few.

b) I'll use Splash Mountain as an example. SM has rerideability because it has story, heart, and lots of details. Its a ride guests want to ride again and again. Mission Space is a bare bones attraction with a mediocre theme and poor CG visuals.

Stich escape
DINO RaMa
It's been suggested many times that your opinion is not fact and does not make what you say the truth. While we all have our opinions, most of us understand that they are just that, OUR opinions, and not fact. Your problem is that you think that just because you say it, nobody should question it.
Ghostbuster626 said:
Stich escape
Please, try to spell it correct at least once. You whine so much about SGE that you would think you would learn how to spell it. STITCH :rolleyes:

dazzer68

i havent been on the ride but dont you just go to mars and not come back? you get to mars then get off the ride? hmmmm what happened to coming back again?

wannab@dis

and yet another edit...

Ghostbuster626 said:
The rule at WDI is supposed to be..if your gonna replace an attraction..replace it with something better.
Really? And you know that because you work there? I thought WDI was in the business of making money.

Ghostbuster626 said:

Replacing Journey into imagination with Journey into your imagination or Journey into your imagination guest staring figment = bad
Some would agree... others wouldn't. I don't. Does that make me wrong?

Enderikari said:
You present M:S as being a poorly made attraction, but isn't it the most expensive attraction WDW ever built?

Goes to show that the amount of money pumped into attraction does not equal the quality of the attraction.

Enderikari said:
Doesn't it feature new technologies used in a way to tell a coherent story?

No and thats the problem right there. There is no coherency to it...your in a simulator..no wait your in the futre..no wait your in the future and your going to board a simulator to simulate a trip to Mars using simulator technology from circa 2003. I mean what the hell were they thinking? I hope everyone involved with M:S got fired from the WDC.

And then they have the nerve to put out this laughable ad campaign that is thrown in my face when I go to see a movie at the theater..and it reveals absoluetly nothing about the ride just abunch fo quick flashes of peoples faces looking amazed and a bunch of noise..ending with a little girl shouting "mommy are we still in the building?" Pfft get the heck out of here. I look foward to giving Iger an earful at the annual shareholder meeting.

askmike1

wannab@dis said:
It's been suggested many times that your opinion is not fact and does not make what you say the truth. While we all have our opinions, most of us understand that they are just that, OUR opinions, and not fact. Your problem is that you think that just because you say it, nobody should question it.
Exactly. If someone says "I don't like Mission: Space", that's a valid statement because they acknowledge it is an opinion. However, if someone says "Mission:Space is a bad ride", that is not a valid statment because they are using an opinion and calling it a fact.

i havent been on the ride but dont you just go to mars and not come back? you get to mars then get off the ride? hmmmm what happened to coming back again?
You are not actually going to mars. It is supposed to be a flight simulator (hense why they say in the preshow "You're here today for flight training.")

wannab@dis

wow... major edit! I quoted your post twice and got two different posts. :rolleyes:
Ghostbuster626 said:
Goes to show that the amount of money pumped into attraction does not equal the quality of the attraction.
But yet you've complained elsewhere that the budgets being cut is the problem?

Ghostbuster626 said:
No and thats the problem right there. There is no coherency to it...your in a simulator..no wait your in the futre..no wait your in the future and your going to board a simulator to simulate a trip to Mars using simulator technology from circa 2003. I mean what the hell were they thinking? I hope everyone involved with M:S got fired from the WDC.

And then they have the nerve to put out this laughable ad campaign that is thrown in my face when I go to see a movie at the theater..and it reveals absoluetly nothing about the ride just abunch fo quick flashes of peoples faces looking amazed and a bunch of noise..ending with a little girl shouting "mommy are we still in the building?" Pfft get the heck out of here. I look foward to giving Iger an earful at the annual shareholder meeting.
What?
Dude, you crack me up. You don't know what to say from one post to the next... How is what you described any different from Star Tours or Jungle Cruise? Each attraction requires that you suspend belief and use your imagination. Just because your imagination can't figure out M:S doesn't make it a bad attraction. ;)

wannab@dis said:
wow... major edit! I quoted your post twice and got two different posts. :rolleyes:
But yet you've complained elsewhere that the budgets being cut is the problem?

What?
Dude, you crack me up. You don't know what to say from one post to the next... How is what you described any different from Star Tours or Jungle Cruise? Each attraction requires that you suspend belief and use your imagination. Just because your imagination can't figure out M:S doesn't make it a bad attraction. ;)

CONVOLUTED STORYLINE. Star Tours and Jungle Cruises storys are clear cut.

You know I dont know why im arguing with you two. The bottom line is people who think like me have seized control of the WDC and I look foward to the changes they make that will turn the Disney theme parks into the magical places they should be.

imagineersrock

Ghostbuster626 said:
a) Star Tours, Splash Mountain, POTC, HM, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Maelstorm, peter pan, Dumbo, Soarin, and TTA just to name a few.

Stich escape
DINO RaMa

:lol: Thank you, I needed that.

So just to clarify--- All the attractions you don't have problems with are in your opinion "re-rideable" then... because if they were not you'd have a problem with them, right?

Just figured I'd ask seeing as though your definition of something that is re-rideable as having certain qualities such as "story, heart, and lots of details."

You say you have no problem with attractions such as Dumbo, TTA, and Soarin' even though according to your very definition ("story, heart, and lots of details.") these 3 attractions are not re-rideable.

WDWFREAK53

Ghostbuster626 said:

You know I dont know why im arguing with you two. The bottom line is people who think like me have seized control of the WDC and I look foward to the changes they make that will turn the Disney theme parks into the magical places they should be.

They are? The Jungle Cruise makes the major "jungle" rivers in the world one big river. Very confusing. :lookaroun

Ok...first of all...Mission:Space...you OBVIOUSLY don't "get" it.

1. You're in the ISTC...to get your flight TRAINING.
2. Yes, you're in the future (you know this from the pictures on the wall depicting the first space family, etc.)
3. You board your "flight trainer"
4. You experience what astronauts experience (and, considering even NASA officials are saying it's as close to the real thing as you're going to get...I'll have to take their word for it considering that I've never been to Mars...or even outer space).
5. You successfully land on Mars...

You leave the ride. What is so hard to follow?

If you're saying that they're using 2003 technology and it's suppose to take place in the future...that is the most laughable statement ever. Do you expect them to use technology from 2050?... Alien Encounter used older technology and it took place in the future...Horizons went into the future and was still using old technology...that must mean that all of these attractions are tough to follow.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
Guess I don't agree. I don't think it's convoluted at all and is very clear cut. *shrug*
Ghostbuster626 said:
:lol: Quoted for historical purposes. I'm sure it will be a great quote to bring back in later discussions. :rolleyes: So, just how long do you think before the parks reach this magical transition where they are exactly what YOU want them to be and serve ONLY YOU as the guest?

dxwwf3

I'm with WDWFREAK53 here. It's one thing to not like Mission Space and it's another to not like it as much as Horizons (I would fall into that category), but M:S does seem to have a pretty clear cut storyline. Sure it would have been nice if the attraction was designed that you are really going on the trip instead of just training, but what's there now is no where near being confusing, IMO.

wannab@dis said:
Guess I don't agree. I don't think it's convoluted at all and is very clear cut. *shrug* :lol: Quoted for historical purposes. I'm sure it will be a great quote to bring back in later discussions. :rolleyes: So, just how long do you think before the parks reach this magical transition where they are exactly what YOU want them to be and serve ONLY YOU as the guest?

What do you mean ONLY ME...improving the parks benefits everyone and especially pleases those of us who have been fighting the good fight for years now.

Enderikari

Ghostbuster626 said:

But, looking at your previous list, you also list Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain as being on your list of favorite attractions... Those have convoluted storylines as well, or no storyline at all in some cases. To me, Mission Space's story is not all that hard to figure out, loads easier than Big Thunder.

I have a feeling that, much like everything else, you don't quite understand whats changing in the WDC and what's staying the same. Yeah, parks are getting upgrades to various attractions, but this was a plan of motion set well before the Pixar acquisition, even before Iger. And the people who have "seized control" will never think like you do, for the plain and simple fact that they think AT ALL.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
What do you mean ONLY ME...improving the parks benefits everyone and especially pleases those of us who have been fighting the good fight for years now.
Fighting the good fight for years? :lol: I'm sorry, but you literally crack me up. You really have a huge opinion of yourself, don't you?

[attempting to control laughter]
Sometimes you need to step back and understand that the improvements that YOU seek are not for everyone, but for your own benefit.
[/attempting to control laughter]

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom