Sum of All Thrills at Innoventions Begins Cast Previews--Report

EPCOT Explorer

Hi-Deaf?:lookaroun
I think you are thinking of The ultimate Home theater experience sponsered by Lutron (The first place I ever saw a plasma screen TV.) but that was in Innoventions West.' BTW. should we start using the terms Innoventions Blue and Green yet?
Nah, not yet...:lol: wait until they ARE those colors. :D

If they do the lopsided thing...:zipit:

HMF

Nah, not yet...:lol: wait until they ARE those colors. :D
Are you sure they are going to actually repaint the buildings? I hate to say this but I am starting to think that the tarp removal and building re-painting might have just been a rumor. On the bright side it appears that all the Whirlywhigs in the Plaza have been turned off. BTW the Ballzac carts have GOT TO GO.

EPCOTPluto

The Fantastic Plastics Works, best known for the plastic molding station where you got cool free robot toys. I got a few, plus the game that preceded that was awful, so I'm glad it's gone. IMO, I wished it had a longer stay. FPW was extremely enjoyable & I actually learned interesting tidbits from it! (Plastic material used in combat gear and police vests to save lives? Ingenious use of edutainment! :lookaroun) Not to mention I always win... (Hint: middleweight robot's the best) :D

Before that was a neat Hi-Deaf surround sound movie thing (I forget the sponsor) and before that innoventions prior, then before that was Communicore and the space held an exhibit (Ironically) that involved building a roller coaster on a computer, the pre-show for the Backstage Magic, and Energy Exchange. Could you be referring to the Communication Dream Forum as well, you know, before FPW? And if I am not mistaken, the viewing area for Astuter Computer Revue/Backstage Magic is still there???
:wave:

Are you sure they are going to actually repaint the buildings? I hate to say this but I am starting to think that the tarp removal and building re-painting might have just been a rumor. On the bright side it appears that all the Whirlywhigs in the Plaza have been turned off. BTW the Ballzac carts have GOT TO GO.
I rather the whirlygigs than the tarps. :lookaroun

And the Ballzac carts? Annoying? Yes. Purposeful? Only for marketing.

I would move them to DAK. They seem to fit there more, unless colorful & puffy balls are part of the EPCOT of today. :zipit:

Thrill Seeker

I went today on opening day and was very impressed. The wait time was in the ballpark of 30-40 minutes (there was no wait time indicators, which will probably change). The pre-show is really cheesy and not impressive, but once you get to the design area, it gets much cooler. The design tablets are much cooler and more interactive than the ones for Cyberspace Mountain. You get to use a ruler to change the height of a particular maneuver and a to adjust the speed. Once your design is complete you head upstairs to the platform to ride your creation. The ride itself is much better than Cyberspace Mountain and has a lot more maneuverability. My partner and I created a really intense jet coaster with 4 loops and it was a blast to ride.

I did actually get stuck when my harness wouldn't go up, but that was easily fixed. Kinda an interesting way to cap of a great first ride, probably the first of many.

jeffb

As someone who was a big fan of the old Compute-A-Coaster, I am seriously looking forward to this attraction. Where they are able track down that hard hat wearing beaver?

EPCOTPluto

YES!! I HATE :fork: :mad: :fork:those things... eveytime I get hit with one.. I feel like booting it over MS, or into FoN. :lol:
Truthfully, it doesn't bother me. Heck, I barely notice it. The only thing I dislike about it is that it's in the wrong location. :lookaroun

As someone who was a big fan of the old Compute-A-Coaster, I am seriously looking forward to this attraction. Where they are able track down that hard hat wearing beaver?
Last I check, his job was switched to MK, for Pooh. :zipit:

EpcotServo

Hi-Deaf?:lookaroun
I think you are thinking of The ultimate Home theater experience sponsered by Lutron (The first place I ever saw a plasma screen TV.) but that was in Innoventions West.' BTW. should we start using the terms Innoventions Blue and Green yet?

Yeah, that was over in Inno West.

Oh, you people...Whenever will you learn that I am always right? Of course I'm not talking about The Home Theater Experience. (Which, by the way, was very cool.)

I'm talking about this...

http://www.disneyclubs.com/epcot/innoventions.jpg

#10 - "Communications Dream Forum". Even says High Definition Presentation right there on the map.

Pashaw I say, I always know what I'm talking about.
:lol: :p

Mr.EPCOT

We have it on good authority that the Plaza changes are nowhere near done. There's only so much that that could refer to; removal of the tarps, whirly-gigs, Fountain stage, Pin Central, and/or other associated clutter, signage changes, repaving, lighting, and/or paint work. As for the paint job, I have a feeling that it's something none of us have thought of yet. I don't see them painting the entire buildings blue and green, because that'd probably look terrible from Future World East and West, and I don't see them just painting the Plaza side.

The whirly-gigs were all off for a while, but all on again in the evening.

HMF

We have it on good authority that the Plaza changes are nowhere near done. There's only so much that that could refer to; removal of the tarps, whirly-gigs, Fountain stage, Pin Central, and/or other associated clutter, signage changes, repaving, lighting, and/or paint work. As for the paint job, I have a feeling that it's something none of us have thought of yet. I don't see them painting the entire buildings blue and green, because that'd probably look terrible from Future World East and West, and I don't see them just painting the Plaza side.

The whirly-gigs were all off for a while, but all on again in the evening.
Are we going to have to wait another two years for the next round of changes?

epscot

We did it on 10/19 when we were there. It was fun. My only complaint is that they flagged my younger son, who is 7, because he is under 54". He met the 48" (I think) minimum height to participate, but his coaster design didn't offer any "upside down" elements. I rode with my 11 yr old, and we did have the full choice of track elements.

No big deal, but I didn't see anything that informed us that my youger son would have a limited experience. There may have been a sign somewhere, but it wasn't obvious enough for any of us to see it. Also, no cast member mentioned it to us either.

But, as I said, it was fun and I'll do it again the next time I'm there.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
We tried it out earlier this week. I do tend to get motion sickness, but only if I ride Mission Space two times in a row (NOT recommended), and I get a little woozy during the O Canada movie. Anyway, other than my self-created butterflies before the actual ride, I had no problems at all. And we had 6 inversions in our jet coaster.

It was fun, and not in any way scary. The only downside I saw was the extra wait due to one of the simulators being down, and the relatively small amount of time we had at the drafting table. I didn't even see that there WAS a time limit until we had 45 seconds left.
The wait wasn't too bad either. Overall, something I would have no problem doing on our next visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom