Studios "hat" logo removed from bottom of DisneyParks page

PurpleDragon

I'm hopeful that there are indeed plans to do away with the hat at some point. I would love to one day be able to walk into Studios and once again see the view down Hollywood blvd of the Hollywood golden age that the Imagineers initially designed for the park.

However on topic, I don't think the background image on a website should be taken as some sort of foreshadowing tool used by Disney execs. As others have said its been that way since day 1, just because you only noticed it today doesn't mean its a sign of some big change to come. :rolleyes:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
However on topic, I don't think the background image on a website should be taken as some sort of foreshadowing tool used by Disney execs. As others have said its been that way since day 1, just because you only noticed it today doesn't mean its a sign of some big change to come. :rolleyes:

It is odd....but when does the right hand know what the left hand is doing when it comes to marketing and actual park management?

JustInTime

Sadly the Hat is always gone in the mornings. I think the designer did it as a nod to the way things should be. Alas, I do want it to be removed. Badly. Worse than just about anything else at the world (the Yeti may be number one).

PurpleDragon

It is odd....but when does the right hand know what the left hand is doing when it comes to marketing and actual park management?

LOL I work in IT and I can tell you first hand that execs have no clue when or how the websites are done. Honestly the Disney Web design team could put little green army men all over the page and the execs wouldn't know about it till they got the memo next month. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

The fact that the Tower and Hat are both represented and then replaced by nothing after dark could just as easily be interpreted that the Earfful Tower is being removed. :shrug:

Most of all, I just like that graphic. What a cool way to represent all the worldwide properties!

mpaul32001

I still don't understand why there is nothing in the night picture. Why the flower?

Wait...it's coming to me...it's a timeline...a sort of secret code!

Sunrise/Daytime is the Earful Tower, our first Icon.
Sunset is the Hat, our current one, because the sun is SETTING on it...
And nighttime is a flower, OUR FUTURE ICON!
:hammer:

Wilt Dasney

Speaking of questionable choices in the artwork...why is Cinderella's coach (at least I think that's what it is) sitting outside Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL, when Cinderella Castle is at WDW?

Also, they're cheating a bit with the Mickey head logo on both California Screamin' and Mickey's Fun Wheel. Screamin' lost its Mickey around the same time Fun Wheel got its one.

rustysgirl

sorry this is unrelated but on the commercials has anyone noticed at the end it says disney world instead of walt disney world? did they take the walt off for some reason or am i just not paying attention :hammer:

lazyboy97o

I'm pretty positive the reason the hat is mandatory is because Disney never renewed the contract with the owners of the real Chinese Theater. I guess they wanted too much money for the renewal so instead, Disney left the giant hat in front of it, hence the hat is the Icon for the Studios.
Because that involves believing that Disney signed a 12 year agreement for the central fixture of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom