Studios "hat" logo removed from bottom of DisneyParks page

ajt5027

I have a theory: During the day the water tower is noticeable, to passersby, whereas the hat is not. But at night, now I could be wrong, the water tower is not illuminated, therefore the most noticeable icon is the hat. I'm speaking from personal experience, when driving to the park I always notice the water tower, when leaving I don't. It could be a subliminal appeal to the unconscious patron.​

CaptJapan

*rolls out his "jump to conclusions" mat*

also anyone notice that Disneyland California has like twice as many icons as any other resort? even Disney World only gets one icon per park.
Disney Sea doesn't even get a park icon?

mpaul32001

I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly. This seems to happen a lot in the Disney Online Community. Looking way too far into things. Perhaps the person who designed the graphic simply thought the tower looks better then the hat, and updated it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly. This seems to happen a lot in the Disney Online Community. Looking way too far into things. Perhaps the person who designed the graphic simply thought the tower looks better then the hat, and updated it.

LOL yes indeed!

It's a good spot, but don't read much into it.

Victor Kelly

They cannot get rid of the hat. It draws attention from the Earfull water tower which is in fact a well camoflaged weather control device.

mpaul32001

I'm pretty positive the reason the hat is mandatory is because Disney never renewed the contract with the owners of the real Chinese Theater. I guess they wanted too much money for the renewal so instead, Disney left the giant hat in front of it, hence the hat is the Icon for the Studios.

devoy1701

I'm pretty positive the reason the hat is mandatory is because Disney never renewed the contract with the owners of the real Chinese Theater. I guess they wanted too much money for the renewal so instead, Disney left the giant hat in front of it, hence the hat is the Icon for the Studios.

oh boy.

RAXIP

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but there's nothing new to see here. Those footer graphics have been that way since they first showed up on the Disney Parks website. Nothing has changed and there is currently no indication of the Hat leaving.

ajt5027

What, did I just start something? :lookaroun

Don't mind me...don't want to start an argument. That's just what I've heard...remember, I am a Cast Member, you can't believe anything we say :p

Yeah threes a lot of debate about that internet rumor...I'd be interested if someone on this site could give us a definitive answer.​

Mickey_777

I can't take that graphic seriously. One: Tokyo Sea isn't represented like someone else said before. Two: Look at the size of the castles. DL's castle is almost as big as MK castle. Tokyo DL's castle here is also bigger than MK castle. We all know MK's castle is the tallest in all the land :lol:

csm

I can't take that graphic seriously. One: Tokyo Sea isn't represented like someone else said before. Two: Look at the size of the castles. DL's castle is almost as big as MK castle. Tokyo DL's castle here is also bigger than MK castle. We all know MK's castle is the tallest in all the land :lol:

.... Tokyo Disneyland's castle is the same as Magic Kingdom's castle.

Tigger1988

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but there's nothing new to see here. Those footer graphics have been that way since they first showed up on the Disney Parks website. Nothing has changed and there is currently no indication of the Hat leaving.

Beat me to it, the graphics have always been this way.

llrain

Its prob just a small error.
Recently I noticed that on disneyparks.com in the resorts section, specifically the Beach CLub, They have a photo of Breathless. I got all excited thinking shes back but Im sure she isnt, cause she was retired forever 2 years ago now.
Much the same as the Hat, why show me a photo of the boat, when its no longer available.

SirNim

I think the web developer's "gone trollin'."

That is a very unusual change to spend time on, however. Very interesting, but in the absence of other intelligence (or whispers) from the field, it's only that - an interesting graphic change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom