Strongly Considering a Trip to WDW: Please Help me plan or talk me out of it

mickEblu

Original Poster
Oh man....i totally missed the rest of your updated commentary.
My bad.
Sheesh, so much has changed since i was just there at WDW three months ago !
o_O

Apologies for any confusion i may have caused mickEblu.
I have gone back and changed / deleted some of the info i had posted previously to avoid confusion.

( Thanks again, Tuvalu for the current info )

-

No worries! And thanks @Tuvalu

mickEblu

Original Poster
Well today my Disney World dreams were slashed. My brother in law and sister officially backed out due to a conflicting job. I even tried a last ditch effort to save my trip by trying to convince my mom to come with us (all expenses paid by me of course)....that way we could all child switch and not ride the headliners solo. Nope. Oh well. Wasn’t meant to be.

Thank you all for all the insight and great tips! I hope to use them soon... like maybe in the Fall or more likely Spring 2022. Still promise a very thorough trip report.

Little Green Men

Well today my Disney World dreams were slashed. My brother in law and sister officially backed out due to a conflicting job. I even tried a last ditch effort to save my trip by trying to convince my mom to come with us (all expenses paid by me of course)....that way we could all child switch and not ride the headliners solo. Nope. Oh well. Wasn’t meant to be.

Thank you all for all the insight and great tips! I hope to use them soon... like maybe in the Fall or more likely Spring 2022. Still promise a very thorough trip report.
Aww sorry to hear! Glad to hear you still plan to go! Hopefully Covid restrictions will be lifted by then as well!

mickEblu

Original Poster
Aww sorry to hear! Glad to hear you still plan to go! Hopefully Covid restrictions will be lifted by then as well!

Thank you and thanks for all of the advice! Yeah I’m trying to look at it half full. Covid restrictions possibly gone, longer hours, more entertainment and just a more normal trip and accurate representation of WDW. Not to mention maybe Tron and Cosmic Rewind being open. Granted, that means the trade off is more crowds but I think I’d rather have crowds and FP+ instead of masks, restrictions, plexiglass and lighter crowds. Plus the new rides may take some of the pressure off the likes of ROTR, FOP And 7DMT

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
So our mini vacay backup plans are now between Lake Tahoe and a road trip up the PCH from LA to Monterey. Maybe Santa Cruz if the boardwalk is open. Word on the street is the stay at home orders might be lifted tmrw so that would help open up some of the destinations on the road trip. Neither one of these excite me all that much but we’ ll make the best of it and it will just be nice to take in some new scenery and hopefully eat some good food.

In addition to either of those trips I’m also thinking about a one night trip to Seqouia National park.

mickEblu

Original Poster
You have made the right choice.

Enjoy your upcoming 'California Adventure'...!

:)

-

Lol thanks!

Wasn’t really my choice but admittedly I had plenty of doubts and I’m ok waiting for a better time to visit WDW. It’s just when my son rearranges furniture for the 8th time in a week and pretends that he’s riding “Mickey’s Runaway Rayway” I feel kind of bad. I really can’t wait for DL to open. I feel that he’s grown up a lot in the last year and can’t wait to ride Splash and BTMRR with him. He did ride BTMMR once before the parks closed and kind of took it like a champ.

Figments Friend

Lol thanks!

Wasn’t really my choice but admittedly I had plenty of doubts and I’m ok waiting for a better time to visit WDW. It’s just when my son rearranges furniture for the 8th time in a week and pretends that he’s riding “Mickey’s Runaway Rayway” I feel kind of bad. I really can’t wait for DL to open. I feel that he’s grown up a lot in the last year and can’t wait to ride Splash and BTMRR with him. He did ride BTMMR once before the parks closed and kind of took it like a champ.

Really, i think it's a blessing in disguise that you are now going to have to delay your trip to WDW.
Wait until your kids are a couple of years older, and then they will be able to ride those Attractions non-stop PLUS all the ones they may not be tall enough for at the moment.
They will also have the stamina to 'survive' a long day in the swealtering humidity of Orlando at a massively spread out place like WDW.
Trust me, this worked out in your favor.

By the time you decide to try for another trip out to Florida, things will have gotten to a point ( hopefully ) where more entertainment, dining, and Attraction options will be open and operating at WDW.
Plus, you will have all the brand new experiences / Attractions sitting dormant right now open and ready to rock.
Perhaps even the Covid realted 'rules for visiting the Park' will be lifted for the most part.
Any way you look at it, i think it's a good idea to wait.

-

Tamandua

My wife and I are doing this. We're going to Orlando in 9 days, from Los Angeles. One day at each park and one day to check out the area to see if we like it. We're staying at an airbnb.

Now that everything is standby, can we reasonably just play the parks by ear, or are there still tricks to making the most of it? We're very familiar with Disneyland, but this will be my first trip to Disney world in 11 years.

mickEblu

Original Poster
My wife and I are doing this. We're going to Orlando in 9 days, from Los Angeles. One day at each park and one day to check out the area to see if we like it. We're staying at an airbnb.

Now that everything is standby, can we reasonably just play the parks by ear, or are there still tricks to making the most of it? We're very familiar with Disneyland, but this will be my first trip to Disney world in 11 years.

You ll need park reservations. But you re probably aware of that

Figments Friend

Wishing you a nice visit.

Be sure to share some of your experiences here, or perhaps start a thread over in the 'Trip Report' section of the Forum.
I for one would be interested in hearing your thoughts on your experience.
A lot has changed in 11 years.

:)

-

Tamandua

Can anyone tell me if the whole rise of the resistance boarding group thing is the same process at Hollywood studios as it was at Disneyland? I don't want to miss out on that the one day we go.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if the whole rise of the resistance boarding group thing is the same process at Hollywood studios as it was at Disneyland? I don't want to miss out on that the one day we go.

The boarding pass lottery starts at 7am and you don’t have to be in the park. If you don’t snag one, at 1pm you can try again. At 1pm, you do need to be in the park.

Last edited:

Little Green Men

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom