Strongly Considering a Trip to WDW: Please Help me plan or talk me out of it

Tamandua

Went to Animal Kingdom today from open to close, between 10 and 11 hours counting going in a little early and getting out of the last ride a little late. As someone used to the Disneyland resort, it's sort of surprising how few attractions they have there. I guess in normal times there's more entertainment to take in, but it doesn't seem like a full day park to me. We ended up doing most things twice, and a few three times. I think we'd done most of the main stuff within the first three hours. A good day overall but it feels like half a California park for sure.

Epcot tomorrow.

Little Green Men

Went to Animal Kingdom today from open to close, between 10 and 11 hours counting going in a little early and getting out of the last ride a little late. As someone used to the Disneyland resort, it's sort of surprising how few attractions they have there. I guess in normal times there's more entertainment to take in, but it doesn't seem like a full day park to me. We ended up doing most things twice, and a few three times. I think we'd done most of the main stuff within the first three hours. A good day overall but it feels like half a California park for sure.

Epcot tomorrow.
Yes DAK and DHS have fewer attractions but there’s also lots of animal exhibits, trails, and usually shows as well. If you do everything theres usually more than enough to do. Did you go to Rafikis planet watch?

Tamandua

Yes DAK and DHS have fewer attractions but there’s also lots of animal exhibits, trails, and usually shows as well. If you do everything theres usually more than enough to do. Did you go to Rafikis planet watch?
I think that's the one thing we didn't do because the line was an hour long and we had done the safari twice and it sounded similar. Did we miss out on something good?

PiratesMansion

I think that's the one thing we didn't do because the line was an hour long and we had done the safari twice and it sounded similar. Did we miss out on something good?
I would say no unless there was some kind of interesting surgery going on.

At Planet Watch, once you get off the train, there is a petting zoo and a building where they perform surgeries with some minor animal exhibits included.

I can see some people finding value out of Planet Watch, but since you have to take the train to get to it and get back, and what is there is fine but not earth-shattering. I think most people will find it not rewarding enough for the time they invested. Nothing to see from the train either, really.

I think it's definitely a bummer that Lion King and Nemo aren't going. I don't care for Nemo, but Lion King's great and both shows help fill out the day too.

Little Green Men

I would say no unless there was some kind of interesting surgery going on.

At Planet Watch, once you get off the train, there is a petting zoo and a building where they perform surgeries with some minor animal exhibits included.

I can see some people finding value out of Planet Watch, but since you have to take the train to get to it and get back, and what is there is fine but not earth-shattering. I think most people will find it not rewarding enough for the time they invested. Nothing to see from the train either, really.
Theres also the animation exhibit and cameras to the animals backstage https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/wildlife-express-train/

Tamandua

Epcot today. The morning started with lightning and thunder and heavy rain. By the time we got to the park it had cleared up. By late morning it was oppressively hot and humid. From our experience yesterday, I thought the masks wouldn't be so bad, but it was suffocating in the heat and humidity and I had a splitting headache most of the day. Knowing how hot summers in Anaheim can be, I would say Disneyland is a no go in the summer for us if they still require masks.

Epcot definitely felt more full of things to do than animal kingdom. The distance between attractions feels crazy. I always felt dead tired after a day at Disneyland, and we've been clocking almost twice as many steps on our pedometers as we used to at Disneyland.

We took a little break on the skyliner. That's pretty impressive. I had no idea how far it went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom