Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Photo update as of Friday, June 2. A large tree was noted today in front of this building, exactly where the ring of concrete was installed. I only posted this here because of the previous posts on page 45 of this thread. Not really a "demo" anymore.

View attachment 208005
The tree sits in the middle of the new Writers Stop patio.

hrt16

DBhSWUTXYAAOoLR.jpg:large

From @biorecontsruct
A new street facade is forming as an end-of-the-block transition from the Muppets Courtyard area to Star Wars land.

elchippo

Original Poster
From @biorecontsruct
A new street facade is forming as an end-of-the-block transition from the Muppets Courtyard area to Star Wars land.
Incredible photo! I think that art deco-ish design on the stuff going up will make a good transition. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily the Animation Building transformed so well into Launch Bay with little effort. This area is going to look very nice, though I wish there was more planned in the way of attractions. But I imagine it's more about managing and holding crowds coming and going out of SWL.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I consider anything that's been there since the 1989 opening or close to it as "beloved". Maybe "precious" is more accurate.
Sorry, but I wouldn't put that kind of adjective on anything to do with a theme park. I love Disney, and have been going for 40 years, but no attraction or area is "beloved" or "precious".

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You just admitted that you love WDW, wouldn't that make something to do with a theme park "beloved" by you? ;)
No, it wouldn't. To me, beloved is reserved for something living, such as a person or pet, not an attraction at a theme park. JMHO, of course. Just seems too strong of an adjective. But again, that's just me.

ETA: And the "love" that I feel for WDW, is nothing compared to the love I feel for my wife and kids. Apples and oranges kind of love. If someone "loves" WDW (or anything in it) like they love their family, then they need professional help.

Mike S

No, it wouldn't. To me, beloved is reserved for something living, such as a person or pet, not an attraction at a theme park. JMHO, of course. Just seems too strong of an adjective. But again, that's just me.

ETA: And the "love" that I feel for WDW, is nothing compared to the love I feel for my wife and kids. Apples and oranges kind of love. If someone "loves" WDW (or anything in it) like they love their family, then they need professional help.
Of course it's different but it's still loved. We're emotional beings, not robots. Even some movies are described as "beloved."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom