Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

djkidkaz

Photo update as of Thursday, June 15. A couple of views of the new paint job on the remaining buildings in the Streets of America. The building on the right used to be a pink brick color, now it's yellow. Brighter colors on the other two buildings on the left.

View attachment 210295

View attachment 210296

Is this all going to make sense at some point? Like is there an announcement forth coming for the Studios that's going to explain why they kept this little patch of the street? Is this area supposed to be part of muppets courtyard or something?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is this all going to make sense at some point? Like is there an announcement forth coming for the Studios that's going to explain why they kept this little patch of the street? Is this area supposed to be part of muppets courtyard or something?

No, it is not supposed to be part of Muppets courtyard. According to Martin there will be a brick wall separating the two areas.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I doubt the yellow one is done. Looks all base coaty to me.

Anyways... this section is not necessarily part of Muppet Courtyard. It is just a generic street at the end of Commissary Way which will have a reopened Writer's Stop. The other side of this lane will be a brick wall separating Muppet Courtyard from this lane. This way, people aren't trampling right through MC to get to SWL, instead, they follow this city street and go through a tunnel, make a turn and get a big reveal.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How do you transition from New York to Star Wars?

Said it before, but I'd love to see the entrance be designed to look like the front of a movie theater to blend in with the rest of the New York/city look. Have the front of the theater have a classic looking movie theater marquis with all the neon and chaser lights with "Star Wars" in big writing across it. Have movie posters for the various Star Wars films aligning the front of the facade. Maybe a red carpet leading to the entrance... don't think that's the way it'll happen, but would make for a pretty dramatic (and appropriate) entrance (not completely dissimilar to the entrance of Diagon Alley over at Universal).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think @marni1971 needs to draw another one of those pictures.

Like so...

upload_2017-6-16_14-37-26.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom