Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

DeweyDuck

Yep. This will be a landscaped area with a curved edge to separate the new Writers Stop patio to the main pathway.

The main pathway with follow the curve of the former and the orange fence that edges into it. Then it'll run in a straight line all the way past the existing facade into the SWL entrance tunnel.

Apologies if this has been asked already but when we do think this will be finished and for the space to be opened up in front of Muppets Courtyard?

NiarrNDisney

View attachment 207293
In this photo (thanks bioreconstruct) There's a few things to see.

• The facade of the coffee shop has been stripped back to it's studs.
  • There's a staircase in the center of the photo (could be just for the scaffolding however)
  • There's a big ring of colored concrete which could be for a planter or water feature.
  • There's several foundation piers that are 12-18 inches square. These could be for any number of things but I'd bet on this area becoming a seating area like a bistro/cafe (Think Starring rolls cafe relocated) so it's probably for brick built columns to delineate the space from the open pathway beyond
  • There's a long curved concrete form (far right of construction area) this is probably the start of a raised planter box similar to the other ones around Sci Fi and ABC commissary

Sounds to me like the are bulking up the Writer Stop to ad a more define QS coffee shop especially now that Starring Rolls has closed since Starbucks went in across the street.

roj2323

Sounds to me like the are bulking up the Writer Stop to ad a more define QS coffee shop especially now that Starring Rolls has closed since Starbucks went in across the street.
For sure. It does make me wonder what the long term plans are for starring rolls however.

NiarrNDisney

That's kinda what I was thinking as well but it would be a shame.

Agreed Starring Rolls was one of my favorites in DHS especially with the lack of great options in the park and they were always accommodating when I ordered a slice of Grapefruit cake since they shared a kitchen with HBD.
I have to wonder with the rumors of a Club 33 going into HBD if they are needing the space though the rumor I heard was it was going into the old Cat Walk Bar.

elchippo

Original Poster
I wish they'd do this. I love the Stunt Show but it could be retooled and still work.
I would imagine when Indy 5 happens, things might get looked at. I feel like a lot of the Star Wars stuff happening at the studios is very "Disney movie" centric....lots of Kylo Ren and BB-8 and other characters created since their ownership. Disney will probably be just as eager to inject Indy stuff created on their watch into the space.

Kman101

I would imagine when Indy 5 happens, things might get looked at. I feel like a lot of the Star Wars stuff happening at the studios is very "Disney movie" centric....lots of Kylo Ren and BB-8 and other characters created since their ownership. Disney will probably be just as eager to inject Indy stuff created on their watch into the space.

I'd hope so too. If they aren't going to give us an Indy ride then at least update the show a bit and take away the director part of it and make it a stunt show with a plot. Or something along those lines. I don't want to lose the Indy presence.

elchippo

Original Poster
I'd hope so too. If they aren't going to give us an Indy ride then at least update the show a bit and take away the director part of it and make it a stunt show with a plot. Or something along those lines. I don't want to lose the Indy presence.
My not so profound prediction is once SWL opens we will get Indy 5, and then the stunt show gets overhauled, Star Tours gets an overlay, and Backlot Express gets an Indy re-theme. Cheap and easy "land" constructed while still paying off those SWL bills.

WDWtraveler

There's a big ring of colored concrete which could be for a planter or water feature.

Photo update as of Friday, June 2. A large tree was noted today in front of this building, exactly where the ring of concrete was installed. I only posted this here because of the previous posts on page 45 of this thread. Not really a "demo" anymore.

IMG_9641.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom