Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Ryan H. Serowinski

From Bioreconstruct

Oct 6
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
Last block of Street facades still standing at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Oct 6
Due to storm, obscuring screen removed from fencing surrounding all DHS construction. First pic shows parking expansion.

That's really good news, cause the fences would protect the debris from damaging the park. :)

DinoInstitute

From Bioreconstruct

Oct 6
Two wide photos of the current end of Pixar Place in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Oct 6
Effects building from old DHS soundstage tour now gone. In 2nd pic burlap area left was bridge to soundstage overlook.

The #treewatch2016 is looking good still

Acidsplat

I think I asked before, but does anyone know what tour bridge 1 was used for after the tours ceased?
Do the windows to the soundstage overlook still exist?

roj2323

From Bioreconstruct

5h5 hours ago
Only a service building can be seen over fence toward the west at the end of Pixar Place at DHS.

That's actually maintenance base. It's the call center cast members call via internal phones if there's any issues with rides, safety issues or other maintence that needs to be addressed among other things. There's a call center on the second floor that looks very much like a 911 dispatcher office. I got a tour when I was being trained as a custodial trainer a few years back.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's actually maintence base. It's the call center cast members call via internal phones if there's any issues with rides, safety issues or other maintence that needs to be addressed among other things. There's a call center on the second floor that looks very much like a 911 dispatcher office. I got a tour when I was being trained as a custodial trainer a few years back.
Yep. And it's staying put. Certainly for the next 4 years.

roj2323

Photos by https://twitter.com/MickeyXtreme/status/785558344375406592

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 7.58.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 7.57.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 7.56.39 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom