Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

HauntedMansionFLA

From Bioreconstruct

1h1 hour ago
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
All that remains of the former backstage tour's special effects building. Bridge to former soundstage overlook removed.

1h1 hour ago
Writer's Stop shop and cafe closed at DHS. Indicates the last block of Street facades at left will be coming down soon.

1h1 hour ago
Refurbishment in progress at Academy of Television Arts & Sciences plaza at DHS.

1h1 hour ago
Chrysler building now removed from Streets of America at DHS. The last block and City Hall still stand.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As we suspected, one of the fire escapes did go back up, so it's pretty clear now that the façade is not coming down.

IMG_6201.JPG

upload_2016-10-1_17-8-25.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Perfect for my "agenda". I like how this is going. A lot.

Just the other day, you were praising Disney for going with a blank canvas, now you are praising the decision not to go with a blank canvas.

I also thought some of the structures would be reskinned but that is clearly not the case. It appears they thought it better to go with a blank canvas. The Disney Difference.

Acidsplat

Part of the backstage tour walkway was removed when constructing TSMM towards the middle, but what would have happened if you walked across tour bridge 1? Did they use it for a long storage closet? Did the windows into the soundstage still exist? It's fascinating :eek:

Ryan H. Serowinski

From Bioreconstruct

1h1 hour ago
All that remains of the former backstage tour's special effects building. Bridge to former soundstage overlook removed.

1h1 hour ago
Writer's Stop shop and cafe closed at DHS. Indicates the last block of Street facades at left will be coming down soon.

1h1 hour ago
Refurbishment in progress at Academy of Television Arts & Sciences plaza at DHS.

1h1 hour ago
Chrysler building now removed from Streets of America at DHS. The last block and City Hall still stand.

Wow! Just Wow! The view will never be the same again when I go next spring.

jt04

Just the other day, you were praising Disney for going with a blank canvas, now you are praising the decision not to go with a blank canvas.

Sometimes it is better to start over from scratch and sometimes not. All of the old studio tour infrastructure needed to go if possible. Keeping this section of facades will soon make sense. Clearly demonstrated by the reimagined "Muppet Square". I am already three moves ahead. It's a gift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom