Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is that courthouse building still up ? I am sure I read earlier on twitter (before it went down) that they were starting to take it down.

Yes it is coming down...

upload_2016-10-21_16-28-11.png

Princess Leia

From Bioreconstruct

2h2 hours ago
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
What remains of City Hall from DHS Streets of America today, Oct 21. 2nd photo from Oct 1

2h2 hours ago
More demolition at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Steel frame used to be City Hall in Streets of America.

I can't believe how empty this looks

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yep looks like it. I really thought this was something that would have had to be in the water management permits, especially since the LMA permits showed the other part of the canal being filled in and re-routed underground.

If u look hard enough you can find it. Check page 22 of the sfwmd plans you posted a link to on the first post of the DHS permits thread. You will see some drainage connecting at the box culvert at the top of that canal and draining out to the perimeter canal (u402). I wd attach it except I'm not that forum savvy yet .

mm121

From Bioreconstruct

2h2 hours ago
What remains of City Hall from DHS Streets of America today, Oct 21. 2nd photo from Oct 1

2h2 hours ago
More demolition at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Steel frame used to be City Hall in Streets of America.

interesting how they literally took it down brick by brick, rather than just using a wrecking ball

Goofyernmost

I don't think it was brick by brick, I even doubt if it was brick, however, it does seem like they have taken a great deal of caution to preserve the steel part of the structure. Interesting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think it was brick by brick, I even doubt if it was brick, however, it does seem like they have taken a great deal of caution to preserve the steel part of the structure. Interesting.

The steel part of the structure is gone now. There was supposedly utility connections in the building so they likely had to take it apart carefully to protect these.

Goofyernmost

The steel part of the structure is gone now. There was supposedly utility connections in the building so they likely had to take it apart carefully to protect these.
Makes sense! Everyone seems to think that all that is involved with taking down a building is just cutting through some steel beams and it all just flops down in a neat little pile that can be swept up with a dustpan. Nothing to it! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom