Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

roj2323

DHS this morning. The heavy equipment was busy. I apologize for some of the photos. It is tough to really see anything new.
View attachment 165412
View attachment 165413
View attachment 165414
View attachment 165416
I have to add that this park looks so weird right now. It is the first time seeing it in person with this much demo'd. It is noticeably smaller. These additions can't come soon enough.

I thought all of those I beams for the fire escapes were cut off already. Are they welding them back on?

Goofyernmost

Does the comma make the security camera eat the apple? (i know youre just joshing, just actually wondering about that punctuaion, lol)
No, it was just the arrangement of words or the omission of one. I am guilty of the same thing myself, quite often.

This is what was posted... "I wouldn't be surprised if mickey was watching through a security camera, eating an apple." All that would have been necessary to change it to what it was meant to say was... I wouldn't be surprised if mickey was watching through a security camera while eating an apple. I am not really a grammar watchdog, and I don't really care since I do know what was meant by the sentence, it was just that when I read it all I could picture was a security camera eating an apple. In this case I'm not really sure what the significance of the apple is anyway. But, there are so many things that I don't know and I hope that you understand that it was just that I found it humorous when I read it.

WDWbuff2001

DHS this morning. The heavy equipment was busy. I apologize for some of the photos. It is tough to really see anything new.
View attachment 165412
View attachment 165413
View attachment 165414
View attachment 165416
I have to add that this park looks so weird right now. It is the first time seeing it in person with this much demo'd. It is noticeably smaller. These additions can't come soon enough.

Looks like the fire escapes are going back on... Maybe there doing it for the muppets.. I sure hope so

Ismael Flores

Marni1971 doesn't have to respond for me to know this is not the direction they are taking this. I wouldn't expect anything more than a simple yet attractive looking brick wall with some ornamental steel for gates and some lighting with some trees and shrubs planted in front of it. It's kind of disappointing really but it will look nice and it will provide the visual separation they want.

I really wonder why instead of just a city like courtyard with sidewalks in a large corridor why they didn't take another approach.

On one end of this transitional courtyard will be star wars land and if I remember correctly on the opposite end where the Force perspective facades where is a small green area that is already themed to Star Wars.

Why not create a lush heavily landscaped corridor with rockwork. The remaining facades reskinned to look like a mountain range that would serve as a backdrop for muppets and this new area.
From muppet courtyard you would see the trees and mountain range in the distance but while waking in this new corridor you would get a sense of walking from star tours already existing theme of Endor thru a lush forest. They can even add a few key elements and props along this corridor and areas that could eventually serve as natural backdrops for any Star Wars events

The gates into muppets courtyard would have dual themes. The sides facing muppets would remain as is the sides facing the new area would match the Star Wars theme blending into rockwork.
Seems like the perfect way of merging the existing star tours based on the older trilogies with the new land.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really wonder why instead of just a city like courtyard with sidewalks in a large corridor why they didn't take another approach.

On one end of this transitional courtyard will be star wars land and if I remember correctly on the opposite end where the Force perspective facades where is a small green area that is already themed to Star Wars.

Why not create a lush heavily landscaped corridor with rockwork. The remaining facades reskinned to look like a mountain range that would serve as a backdrop for muppets and this new area.
From muppet courtyard you would see the trees and mountain range in the distance but while waking in this new corridor you would get a sense of walking from star tours already existing theme of Endor thru a lush forest. They can even add a few key elements and props along this corridor and areas that could eventually serve as natural backdrops for any Star Wars events

The gates into muppets courtyard would have dual themes. The sides facing muppets would remain as is the sides facing the new area would match the Star Wars theme blending into rockwork.
Seems like the perfect way of merging the existing star tours based on the older trilogies with the new land.

This assumes the long term plan is to keep Star Tours around.

Ismael Flores

Makes me wonder if eventually this transitional area with building facades left, sidewalks and green area is being left like this to not only keep costs down but to also eventually turn it into an area that could be turned into a Christmas courtyard. Large tree in the grassy area, lots of ornaments and they have a tribute to the Osbourne lights in the future

Ismael Flores

This assumes the long term plan is to keep Star Tours around.
That's true, I just don't see why Disney would remove an attraction that is still popular though in a park that has a small attraction count.
I'm guessing that it will be around until another large project is in the works that would remove that and maybe Indy area.

Maybe if they ever get the rights back for Marvel? Or if Indy gets revived with future movies?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's true, I just don't see why Disney would remove an attraction that is still popular though in a park that has a small attraction count.
I'm guessing that it will be around until another large project is in the works that would remove that and maybe Indy area.

Maybe if they ever get the rights back for Marvel? Or if Indy gets revived with future movies?

The Millennium Falcon ride in SWL may make Star Tours superfluous, and it could easily be re-themed to something else.

Mike S

The Millennium Falcon ride in SWL may make Star Tours superfluous, and it could easily be re-themed to something else.
Even based on what little info we have I think they're different enough to coexist if Disney went that route. Star Tours would also be the only ride that could be very easily updated with anything new from the movies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Makes me wonder if eventually this transitional area with building facades left, sidewalks and green area is being left like this to not only keep costs down but to also eventually turn it into an area that could be turned into a Christmas courtyard. Large tree in the grassy area, lots of ornaments and they have a tribute to the Osbourne lights in the future
This won't happen.

Not big enough and a traffic nightmare.

HauntedMansionFLA

Even based on what little info we have I think they're different enough to coexist if Disney went that route. Star Tours would also be the only ride that could be very easily updated with anything new from the movies.
Too bad when they expand Star Wars that the area where Star Tours / Indiana Jones Stunt Show is located could focus on the soon to be nine movies. Throw in Rogue One, Han Solo and Obi (maybe) movies and they have gone full circle. A lot of content, dining, retail and attractions there. If they really want to trump Potter Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom