Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Ismael Flores

Removing would just reveal backstage areas. There is nothing of merit to see nor room for anything else.
Yeah I figured, guess I thought that they could fit something useful like a row of restrooms or even a snack and or gift shop. From aerial photos it looks wide enough for something like that. Actually looks just as wide and long as the row of buildings in DCA that house gone Hollywood, award wiener and its eating area

roj2323

I'm really surprised they are leaving those facades up on the right. They take up so much real estate just look at how much they took up on the left side that got demolished
There's merchandise storage, a cast break area and a roll off trash compactor all hidden behind that facade. It will get the skin removed at some point but there's no real advantage to doing it right now. Perhaps after the new year we will see it go once the pace of construction has picked up. The other option is they are waiting until writers stop is closed on the first to move the construction walls forward. We should know in about a week.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah I figured, guess I thought that they could fit something useful like a row of restrooms or even a snack and or gift shop.
It's main use will be as a backdrop for Muppet Courtyard in keeping with the rest of the area. And to hide backstage of course.

Thematically it'll also blend with the Art Deco-ish transition walkway and garden area towards the SWL tunnel entrance.

It'll tick all the required boxes.

Goofyernmost

The excavators signed up typically means the majority of the demolition is done. They line them up so they can all be serviced, cleaned, and readied to be loaded out of the job site.
It could be either way, but, in this case most of the earth moving is probably done. They also line them up at night quite often so they can be easily refueled. It has no definite reason and any and all things mentioned could be the reason.

roj2323

It's main use will be as a backdrop for Muppet Courtyard in keeping with the rest of the area. And to hide backstage of course.

Thematically it'll also blend with the Art Deco-ish transition walkway and garden area towards the SWL tunnel entrance.

It'll tick all the required boxes.

If that is indeed the case then what are they going to fill that massive space between the miss piggy fountain and the leftover SOA facades which are more than 150 ft away with? Even if you account for a 50ft wide walkway, there's still 100ft of open space. To me it's starting to feel like we are going to get a fleshed out muppets land with a flat ride (or something of that general nature) to fill in that massive hole.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If that is indeed the case then what are they going to fill that massive space between the miss piggy fountain and the leftover SOA facades which are more than 150 ft away with? Even if you account for a 50ft wide walkway, there's still 100ft of open space. To me it's starting to feel like we are going to get a fleshed out muppets land with a flat ride (or something of that general nature) to fill in that massive hole.
Where the old facade was adjacent to the courtyard thus will be a smart brick wall and brick gate posts (they look quite smart). The courtyard will be a self contained mini land. Between this and the wide walkway to SWL (almost as wide as SOA was) will be a grassed area, landscaping and trees. There will still be sidewalks, kerbs and a central roadway, albeit smarter than paving and Tarmac. Which I think you call blacktop.

roj2323

Where the old facade was adjacent to the courtyard thus will be a smart brick wall and brick gate posts (they look quite smart). The courtyard will be a self contained mini land. Between this and the wide walkway to SWL (almost as wide as SOA was) will be a grassed area, landscaping and trees. There will still be sidewalks, kerbs and a central roadway, albeit smarter than paving and Tarmac. Which I think you call blacktop.

This made far more sense after I figured out you were a Brit and Smart equals Nice looking.

=)

HiYa Pal

I'm now envisioning the entrance to be like the tunnel to Toontown in Who Framed Roger Rabbit....I like concept that's floating around in my crazy brain!! Thank you :)

roj2323

I'm now envisioning the entrance to be like the tunnel to Toontown in Who Framed Roger Rabbit....I like concept that's floating around in my crazy brain!! Thank you :)
Marni1971 doesn't have to respond for me to know this is not the direction they are taking this. I wouldn't expect anything more than a simple yet attractive looking brick wall with some ornamental steel for gates and some lighting with some trees and shrubs planted in front of it. It's kind of disappointing really but it will look nice and it will provide the visual separation they want.

HauntedMansionFLA

It would be nice to have a Muppets themed Carousal for smaller kids.

flyerjab

DHS this morning. The heavy equipment was busy. I apologize for some of the photos. It is tough to really see anything new.
IMG_6195.JPG

IMG_6199.JPG

IMG_6200.JPG

IMG_6201.JPG

I have to add that this park looks so weird right now. It is the first time seeing it in person with this much demo'd. It is noticeably smaller. These additions can't come soon enough.

Marty Rotondo

DHS this morning. The heavy equipment was busy. I apologize for some of the photos. It is tough to really see anything new.
View attachment 165412
View attachment 165413
View attachment 165414
View attachment 165416
I have to add that this park looks so weird right now. It is the first time seeing it in person with this much demo'd. It is noticeably smaller. These additions can't come soon enough.
These are hilarious, you sneaky devil. I hope you wore a fake mustache while you took these.

flyerjab

These are hilarious, you sneaky devil. I hope you wore a fake mustache while you took these.

What is funny is that I was thinking of crossing the low chainlink fence to go through the trees right up to the construction fence. The pictures would have been much better but I am a chicken when it comes to that. I would never want to risk a permanent ban.

Marty Rotondo

What is funny is that I was thinking of crossing the low chainlink fence to go through the trees right up to the construction fence. The pictures would have been much better but I am a chicken when it comes to that. I would never want to risk a permanent ban.
Oh yeah, im sure theres always eyes on you once youre on property. I wouldnt be surprised if mickey was watching through a security camera, eating an apple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom