Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

SirLink

Not from what I know. Unless that refers to the public art? It isn't 100% accurate.

No not public art. To be honest Martin I haven't been keeping up with all the changes last time I got something substantial was when IJESS was going to get taken to the abattoir for the location of Star Wars Land. The fact they haven't thought about expansions in the near future shows more about the lack of their ambition ... or Igers desire to have Star Wars in each park in America.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No not public art. To be honest Martin I haven't been keeping up with all the changes last time I got something substantial was when IJESS was going to get taken to the abattoir for the location of Star Wars Land. The fact they haven't thought about expansions in the near future shows more about the lack of their ambition ... or Igers desire to have Star Wars in each park in America.
Aside from the aforementioned Muppets area, there may be an opportunity for a path to the south east from the south west most area of the land, in the corner closest to World Drive. But it would be a very convoluted route.

Mike S

I love that Disney was like, "Screw the Marvel contract! We'll just buy your whole resort!"
I think they would have to buy more than just the resort to get those rights. Since the deal was with Universal as a company Disney would have to buy the whole kit and caboodle from, or just outright buy, Comcast o_O

That is if "hostile takeover" was their strategy. Not gonna happen.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think they would have to buy more than just the resort to get those rights. Since the deal was with Universal as a company Disney would have to buy the whole kit and caboodle from, or just outright buy, Comcast o_O

Remember when Comcast tried a hostile takeover of Disney a few years back? Maybe around 2004?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Universal only holds the rights as long as the Marvel land is open in their park, so to keep the rights they would have to quickly build a new park somewhere east of the Mississippi.

MagicHappens1971

Universal only holds the rights as long as the Marvel land is open in their park, so to keep the rights they would have to quickly build a new park somewhere east of the Mississippi.
Well I don't think Comcast would sell just Universal Orlando, or for that matter, any of it's park, but if it did I feel like they'd sell off the whole parks divison, which if they ever did I could definietly see Disney buying it. Although I don't know if a transaction like that would be legal due to the whole "monopoly" thing.

PhotoDave219

Remember when Comcast tried a hostile takeover of Disney a few years back? Maybe around 2004?

Yes and I believe that was because Warren Christopher (board member) made overtures to Steve Burke (Comcast CEO) to make the offer just so Eisner could stay on and "save" the company as the Save Disney campaign was at its peak then. Burke was played and played well.

HauntedMansionFLA

Well I don't think Comcast would sell just Universal Orlando, or for that matter, any of it's park, but if it did I feel like they'd sell off the whole parks divison, which if they ever did I could definietly see Disney buying it. Although I don't know if a transaction like that would be legal due to the whole "monopoly" thing.
I'm surprised that no one has made a bid for SeaWorld with their decline in profits?

WhatJaneSays

If Comcast wants a fourth park in Orlando Sea World is close enough to that new plot they bought for their third...
They (when it was just NBCUniversal) already turned down a few proposals to buy out Sea World. I don't think they really want to take on an existing park at this time.

Mike S

They (when it was just NBCUniversal) already turned down a few proposals to buy out Sea World. I don't think they really want to take on an existing park at this time.
Who said they want an existing park? All they would need is the land it sits on ;)

We are getting very off topic now though so I can't wait till all of SoA is finally gone and the real work on SWL can begin :)

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20160904_151537.jpg
Just wow....

Attachments

• 20160904_151531.jpg
    20160904_151531.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 158

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom