Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

SirLink

Potentially via Mupoets Courtyard, yes. Anywhere else would be too narrow.

Is that if the road was to remain, if the road was to be removed there, I would of assumed you could have connections to expand Star Wars Land/ Muppets Courtyard / potentially a mini land based off that other thing we have discussed?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is that if the road was to remain, if the road was to be removed there, I would of assumed you could have connections to expand Star Wars Land/ Muppets Courtyard / potentially a mini land based off that other thing we have discussed?
I'm hypothetically speaking if the service roads were crossed and the current parking entrance road removed.

Very hypothetical. Though substantially expanding SWL in that direction would be difficult.

doctornick

Potentially via Mupoets Courtyard, yes. Anywhere else would be too narrow.

I was thinking (if everyone could indulge my armchair Imagineering) of a breezeway around Muppets, a path all the way in the west at the corner of Star Wars (where the retention pond/backstage building is) and a path all the way to the east around Indy/Backlot Express under the assumption that area will be redeveloped in the meantime. I think that would provide enough guest movement into/out of the new theoretical area.

Of course, this would be far far down the road; I'm just hoping that Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard get some stuff first. But I think this would be a plausible way to use that very large area in a sensible manner to expand the park if they wanted.

Edit: Just to clarify again: I'm talking completely hypothetically and it is extremely unlikely that anything like this is even be discussed in the halls of WDI in any fashion. That cleared land is going to be parking for the foreseeable future and anyone expecting anything else is just going to be disappointed.

I'm just talking about theoretical expansion in the future if the land were needed -- but it's not since there is plenty of land to expand within the current park boundaries and with established expansion pads.

MagicHappens1971

They know it. They know the bus service has finite capacity and future. Will things change? That's the question.
The best way to expand capacity for transportation would be a monorail system that went to all 4 parks. An efficient monorail system. But I know that won't happen. Even if Disney Transport expands their bus fleet, it's not going to be enough.

Crazydisneyfanluke

The best way to expand capacity for transportation would be a monorail system that went to all 4 parks. An efficient monorail system. But I know that won't happen. Even if Disney Transport expands their bus fleet, it's not going to be enough.
They need to create another TTC to the south and have transportation between the two. Also a major overhaul to the TTC.

MagicHappens1971

They need to create another TTC to the south and have transportation between the two. Also a major overhaul to the TTC.
Definitely. I would love to say two central parking locations one for HS & AK and one (the already existing) one for MK & Epcot. And then not allow parking anywhere else, other then resorts and their busses to and from the parks, and Disney Springs. But I was just talking about the parks. That would be a little inconvenient though, I also know they'd need a giant fleet of monorails and more efficient ones that aren't constantly breaking down. In my opinion if they chose to extend the monorail to AK & DHS they would have to have a second TTC, not saying full blown like my idea, but they'd have to have some central point.

Last edited:

Crazydisneyfanluke

Definitely. I would love to say two central parking locations one for HS & AK and one (the already existing) one for MK & Epcot. And then not allow parking anywhere else. That would be a little inconvenient though
There wouldn't have to be parking at the south TTC. Just a hub for the buses and other transportation.
EX: AK to South TTC, South TTC to North TTC Via Train or bus.
I think the TTC is already under used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom