Storm Riders Replacing SSE??

jedimaster1227

Yep. That's one that I'm thinking of.
But, I'm not sure I like the idea of this one particular ride in this one particular area. :lookaroun

If this is the same attraction I have been told about my few imagineer and R&D friends, then I would have to say that I would be happy to see it come here, even if it is out of place. It wouldn't be too hard to do considering how much space there is in this specific place. (And yes, I am being serious.)

Lee

Adventurer
If this is the same attraction I have been told about my few imagineer and R&D friends, then I would have to say that I would be happy to see it come here, even if it is out of place.

Might not be the same one. Not much R&D needed on this particular clone.

gregburg

I was in Tokyo this past May on business and went to Disney Seas for the evening. Interesting place.

I took a spin on StormRiders and it was OK. Think of it as a big Body Wars with a weather focus instead. It could fit pretty well in the Wonders of Life spot at Epcot (since WOL is close to the final end :().

Oh, and one little thing that I found really interesting is that the island they used to do the filiming of the fly out in the beginning is at Sucia state park in Washington, which is just north of an island that the Disney family owns part of.

-Greg

yensidtlaw1969

And I thought it might be LADDER: The Stage Show!

So sad :cry:
That show will, of course, inspire a movie, which will then inspire a musical stage show, which will then inspire a Broadway show . . .

. . . if enough letters are written, of course.

Yensid "Ripped that off you, Corrus. I couldn't resist." tlaw1969

WDWFREAK53

Lee...Corrus...

Are you talking about JITCOTE going into the 20K site? If so...I agree...completely out of place.

...or are you talking about Mermaid Lagoon?

Jheyman

Welllllll.....maybe one. I heard something about a balloon test recently that was supposedly for....um....a Tokyo ride.

Come to think of it... you're right... but there are only 1 - 3 rides which are not owned by OLC...

And may be used by Creative...

Yep. That's one that I'm thinking of.
But, I'm not sure I like the idea of this one particular ride in this one particular area. :lookaroun

Lee... giz a hint!

Argh! I`m posting in a year old bumped thread!!!!!

He won't... :D :D :D

Anyone else notice Lee and Corrus taking a little too much pleasure in thier little side conversations "Balloons....Creative...Not sure of the area.....:lookaroun :drevil: " .....come on guys give us something here !!:brick: (Sorry about the rant....I know full good and well that this is all the info we are getting for now :cry: )

socalkdg

He won't... :D :D :D
Can you or Lee answer which rides at TDS can be cloned here in the U.S.?

What about ride systems such as Tokyo Pooh or the Dry/Wet Sub ride if applied to another type of ride?

Lastly why would Disney sign such an agreement? Any history would be interesting to read.

Thanks.

Pete C

I was in Tokyo this past May on business and went to Disney Seas for the evening. Interesting place.

I took a spin on StormRiders and it was OK. Think of it as a big Body Wars with a weather focus instead. It could fit pretty well in the Wonders of Life spot at Epcot (since WOL is close to the final end :().

Oh, and one little thing that I found really interesting is that the island they used to do the filiming of the fly out in the beginning is at Sucia state park in Washington, which is just north of an island that the Disney family owns part of.

-Greg

You win the award for least enthusiastic DisneySeas review ever. Most people rave about this park, and I have read several reports of StormRider being described as an excellent attraction. Luckily, I will get to see for myself in about a year.

Captain Chaos

Isn't there a volcano roller coaster ride in DisneySea? Is that owned by Disney? If it is, this would go perfect in Adventureland. Lee am I close? Send me a PM and let me know if you cannot say so on here for obvious reasons. I swear on my life I will not say a word if I am close or not. Raging Spirits.... that's the name. But that isn't based on a volcano. Journey is the volcano. Raging Spirits would fit in Adventureland. Or are you talking about an Epcot addition, which could then be Fortress Explorations but which land? Mexico maybe?

Madison

Isn't there a volcano roller coaster ride in DisneySea? Is that owned by Disney? If it is, this would go perfect in Adventureland. Lee am I close? Send me a PM and let me know if you cannot say so on here for obvious reasons. I swear on my life I will not say a word if I am close or not. Raging Spirits.... that's the name. But that isn't based on a volcano. Journey is the volcano. Raging Spirits would fit in Adventureland. Or are you talking about an Epcot addition, which could then be Fortress Explorations but which land? Mexico maybe?

Raging Spirits seems like it'd have to be among the attractions at TDLR that can make its way stateside given that it first opened in Paris. I can't imagine why you'd want it here, though, as everything points to it being a pretty poor attraction.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is, as I understand, something of a hybrid between Test Track and the EMV rides, but seems to be most alike Test Track. I can see that as another ride that could be exported elsewhere, save for its inability to be neatly cloned because of how it's been integrated into the surrounding terrain.

I wonder to what extent Oriental Land Co. has exclusivity to some attractions as Lee and Corrus are suggesting, especially given the common understanding that they license the use of the Disney name and hire WDI the same way that, say, LAX did for Encounter.

Lee

Adventurer
Corrus, Lee- would you guys mind confirming if you are talking about a ride coming and not a show?

I'm talking about a ride.

I wonder to what extent Oriental Land Co. has exclusivity to some attractions as Lee and Corrus are suggesting, especially given the common understanding that they license the use of the Disney name and hire WDI the same way that, say, LAX did for Encounter.

Basically, leaving out all the legal mumbo-jumbo, OLC contracts WDI to do a design concept for a ride. They pay for the concept and the construction of the ride, and take ownership of the concept.
I'm not talking about ride systems. Any ride system can be re-themed and built somewhere else.

Can you or Lee answer which rides at TDS can be cloned here in the U.S.?

See my answer above.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom