Storm Riders Replacing SSE??

Stormrider was never considered for SSE. When WDI wanted to add an "Air" themed ride to Epcot's Land pavillion they considered either cloning Stormrider from TDS (and maybe creating a new Air/Weather pavillion) or cloning Soarin' from DCA. Obviously they went with Soarin.

the-reason14

I would hope that after 2 major E ticket simulaters added to epcot, in less than 6 years, they would decide to incoporate some other type of thrill attraction, or atleast another well themed pavilion.

IMO they need to do some other sprucing up and then maybe add an actual "ride" that moves(thrilling or not, ie, TT) then come back to that idea.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
disneylands said:
Thats impossible, I thought that the track thats in there now hold the sphere up structuraly.

Not quite; a Geosphere is special in that it is self supporting; no other structure is needed for support.

There again, try and remove the show floors without opening up the sphere first and you`ll have a big mess!

bgraham34

I like the Original SSE. The new one I dont care for. Its been several years since I have been on it. As for the wand. I don't care either way.

Neo222

I was actually thinking that Disney should replace Body Wars with Storm Rider. I saw a video of it at youtube.com, and I was amazed by it! It would actually bring more popularity to Epcot....I think.:lookaroun

And sorry about the revive, I didn't look at the date.

lwalker8

I was actually thinking that Disney should replace Body Wars with Storm Rider. I saw a video of it at youtube.com, and I was amazed by it! It would actually bring more popularity to Epcot....I think.:lookaroun

I think a lot of people have been thinking that...I know I have. A weather pavilion would be very cool to replace WOL. I think the concept holds a lot of possibilities for educational, yet very exciting/thrilling attractions!:wave:

Tim G

Maybe if you all send enough cards and letters... then maybe... who knows... :D

Seems to be THE thing to do nowadays... :lol:

Tim G

Come to think of it... you're right... but there are only 1 - 3 rides which are not owned by OLC...

And may be used by Creative...

Lee

Adventurer
Come to think of it... you're right... but there are only 1 - 3 rides which are not owned by OLC...

And may be used by Creative...

Yep. That's one that I'm thinking of.
But, I'm not sure I like the idea of this one particular ride in this one particular area. :lookaroun

lwalker8

I don't care if Stormriders is built in Florida or not...I just think a weather pavilion would work really well in Epcot's educational atmosphere, without being lame.

Tim G

But only if they keep the cards & letters coming... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then who knows... maybe... something will happen in some area...

teebin

Just watched the video on youtube... looks more like "Soarin meets Attack on Pearl Harbor 2065" Don't think that would play well here. Then again, I do not speak the language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom