Storm Riders Replacing SSE??

Captain Chaos

I'm talking about a ride.

Not the ride system? So one of the actual rides from TDS would be cloned and brought to the US, not the ride system cloned?

I didn't know Raging Spirits was such a bad ride. I honestly didn't look into the ride or try to read reviews of it.

So, let's investigate this further. Lee said at least one ride from TDS will be cloned and brought to the US, but it isn't JTTCOTE or 20K.... I'll be back to post my thoughts after looking into what rides appear in TDS. Maybe Mysterious Mountain, with a different ride inside, not JTTCOTE.

Lee

Adventurer
So, let's investigate this further. Lee said at least one ride from TDS will be cloned and brought to the US,

Nope. I didn't say that.
I said that I had heard of a balloon test connected with the possible cloning of a ride from Tokyo. It may well never happen.

Not the ride system? So one of the actual rides from TDS would be cloned and brought to the US, not the ride system cloned?

The other way around. It's far more likely to see a ride system come over than a direct lift of a whole attraction.

Pete C

On that note, the perfect renovation of Star Tours would be the StormRider ride system with a brand new Star Wars-based ride film. No telling if this would ever happen, but that would fit the bill.

Oh, and use the new 3D technology developed by George Lucas and James Cameron which has zero eyestrain. Can you imagine? A large theater capable of forces much greater than the 20-year-old old Star Tours ride with a giant 3D screen. At least I can dream...

Captain Chaos

Nope. I didn't say that.
I said that I had heard of a balloon test connected with the possible cloning of a ride from Tokyo. It may well never happen.

A balloon test, could it mean a mountain?? Mermaid Lagoon?? AHHHH THIS IS KILLING ME!!! LoL.. If anything comes at all, I am sure Disney will put their all behind the project, despite what is sure to be complaints from people.

The other way around. It's far more likely to see a ride system come over than a direct lift of a whole attraction.

I figured it would be the ride system. But what ride system in TDS is different than what they have in WDW?? I'm thinking.. but cannot come up with anything.. My brain must be fried....

PhilharMagician

So which ride has a ride system that is only found at TDS.

Balloon testing would make me think something somewhat tall.

Storm Riders is similar to BW and ST
Indiana Jones nope
Raging Spirits is ust a roller coaster
JTTCOTE well meybe the ride system and a mountain. Yes, possible
20K ride system maybe, but they just got rid of 20K and I can't see that happening even with differant themeing.
Sinbad's Seven Voyages nope
Tower of Terror (We already have the best)

Well, this pretty much cover TDS. IMO I would guess JTTCOTE with some sort of themed mountain.

Lee

Adventurer
So which ride has a ride system that is only found at TDS.

Not the point. The ride I'm talking about has a system that has been used elsewhere. It's the themeing that OLC controls more than anything, and any clone from there would likely have a different theme.

Can you say where the balloon was located?

Bearing in mind that I didn't see it myself....I was told Adventureland.

Captain Chaos

Not the point. The ride I'm talking about has a system that has been used elsewhere. It's the themeing that OLC controls more than anything, and any clone from there would likely have a different theme.

Bearing in mind that I didn't see it myself....I was told Adventureland.

Adventureland?? Well, now I am for sure guessing it was a volcano type of mountain.... and the ride system?? Well, I am guessing.... a roller coaster, so possibly Ragin Spirits ride system, not the ride itself.... Lee, am I hot? Cold? Warm?

Madison

I didn't know Raging Spirits was such a bad ride. I honestly didn't look into the ride or try to read reviews of it.

The ride (and its Parisian counterpart) are based heavily upon the Pinfari TL59 portable looping roller coaster. Everything I've read indicates that they're pretty rough rides; something not inconsistent with what you'd expect of a portable looping ride.

It'd be interesting to see something like Aquatopia making its way west. There are few ride systems in DisneySea that are unique to the park, but that's probably the most interesting among them. The 20,000 Leagues dry-for-wet system is another and I can see where that'd be fun to have as well, though I can't see what sort of structure associated with either of these would require a balloon test. Maybe the test has little to do with the ride system itself and instead with its theming.

It's also interesting, speaking generally, to imagine where in Adventureland they'd place a new attraction. By my thinking, because of its location at the front of the Magic Kingdom, you'd need to either go all out on the attraction, essentially adding something to the park's skyline, or it'd have to be so low key as to be invisible from the resorts. Perhaps that's the purpose of the test. In any case, however, it seems like the closest land available to Adventureland is out behind Pirates -- a bit of a walk for a low key attraction. Consider the length guests must walk to get to Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland and what the pay off is for that trek. If you'd walked that to get to Aladdin's Magic Carpets, say, you'd likely be upset.

Pete C

If we get any ride based on the Raging Spirits ride system I will lose all faith in WDI. That ride is crap from everything I've read...a rough and uncomfortable last-generation rollercoaster.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If we get any ride based on the Raging Spirits ride system I will lose all faith in WDI. That ride is crap from everything I've read...a rough and uncomfortable last-generation rollercoaster.
It`s also based on Temple of Peril... don`t believe all you read. A very smooth, and somewhat unique feeling ride.

PhilharMagician

I know what it is! It is something we have never seen before. A clone of the Dumbo ride system attached to the Jungle Cruise boats that rides on a raging mountain river that overlooks MK.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom