Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't know who would make the operational decision (the store or the attraction), but sometimes the Theater B crowd would exit out the front of the building, on the other side of the angled wall in the holding pen.
If I recall, the B theatre was rerouted for AE. M2M and F2tM both dumped right onto the concourse next to the entrance as you say.

Skyway

I skimmed through this thread, but didn't see this mentioned.

I was always under the impression that the new Stitch stage was, first and foremost, a permanent replacement for the temporary stage that was there for years in that same spot, used for childrens' dance groups, music groups, etc.

I figured that those groups would get priority use of the stage. The Stitch show, I assumed, was to give the stage another purpose the rest of the time.

If that was truly the case, I applaud Disney's decision to replace that temporary, unthemed, cheap, rental-looking stage with something that fits thematically with the area.

And I applaud their decision to use that stage for another purpose.

However, it seems the actual show they chose was not well planned. It seems like it was truly an afterthought.

Also, that venue is good for the traveling school groups because the shows were generally short, and pretty much only attracted the parents of those children, who would endure the burning sun and heat to see their precious little babies on stage at Disney. (Without it, that area is just a huge expanse of concrete with no other use except for maybe some tables and chairs).

But by billing the venue for a "Disney" show, audiences expect more quality, and more comfort.

Captain Chaos

Whenever I get dumped into an attractions shop, I make a direct line for the exit. If everyone did that, the practice would end.

yea, adults can make a mad dash for the exit... But, we all know how kids are... They will kick scream and moan until the parent gives in.. And 9 times out of 10, the parent gives in.. Disney knows this... Disney knows that when a kid hops on the Pooh ride, they will scream bloody murder for that $2.00 priced at $25.00 Pooh doll...

kashmir

I know there are many who love Stitch. Even I love him but I am sure that people are starting to get tired of him. I never see many people on SGE and everyone I know couldn't stand the new show aand they like him too. Stitch himself isn't the problem, it is the fact that Disney feels that they need to put him on everything.

Yes, I saw the SGE show and will not be back to see it again. I do not hate Stitch, but we were not entertained.:(

dxwwf3

Lou Mongello loved it...

You have to love the guy and he puts out one of the best podcasts in the world, but I think they could replace the Tower of Terror with a meet and greet and a corn dog cart and he would find something good to say about it :lol:

And if memory serves, I think he mentioned in a previous show a WHILE back during a top 7 segment that he didn't care for the attraction all that much.

RSoxNo1

You have to love the guy and he puts out one of the best podcasts in the world, but I think they could replace the Tower of Terror with a meet and greet and a corn dog cart and he would find something good to say about it :lol:

And if memory serves, I think he mentioned in a previous show a WHILE back during a top 7 segment that he didn't care for the attraction all that much.

When he first saw it he said he loved it. You're absolutely right, he puts on a fantastic show and is an incredible source of Disney knowledge, but does seem to have a new prescription for his rose colored glasses.

GothMickey

No disrespect to Lou, I love his show, but the man just gushes for WDW.:shrug: I gush, too when I have been inspired too. He does nonstop.:shrug::lol:

Not sure if he gushes as a way to kiss their backsides to get information or if he is just sniffing the pixie dust daily. But, as much as I do like his show, his constant "Disney is great and does no wrong" attitude is a little over the top for me. Disney could dig a huge hole in the middle of a resort and toss garbage in there, causing a foul stench, and he'll gush about the positives. LOL.

EPCOT Explorer

Not sure if he gushes as a way to kiss their backsides to get information or if he is just sniffing the pixie dust daily. But, as much as I do like his show, his constant "Disney is great and does no wrong" attitude is a little over the top for me. Disney could dig a huge hole in the middle of a resort and toss garbage in there, causing a foul stench, and he'll gush about the positives. LOL.
Exactly. I find that a lot of Webmasters and Pod Cast Hosts do that to get on the Mouse's good side.:shrug::lol: I don't blame them, I would want the info too, but it's kinda corny sometimes!

GothMickey

Exactly. I find that a lot of Webmasters and Pod Cast Hosts do that to get on the Mouse's good side.:shrug::lol: I don't blame them, I would want the info too, but it's kinda corny sometimes!

Almost cult-like followers. Disney has built the cult compound, called it WDW. The mouse if the cult leader. What ever Disney says is true. What ever Disney does is awesome. What ever Disney touches turns to gold.

It isn't cornry, EE. It is down right scary how brainwashed some are.

GothMickey

I like stitch, the show was horrible.
If you like SGE, you would like the show :lookaroun:lol:

Hey, hey, hey, SGE is great. Especially when the attraction first opened. In true Stitch-like trouble making, the AA spewed liquid at the guests. Now that is worth entrance alone. :lol:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

But we do need that saccharine counter to those in the Disney is the ugly sold out, cold business monolith camp, don't we? Yin to Kevin L's Yang maybe.

Jasonflz

Hey, hey, hey, SGE is great. Especially when the attraction first opened. In true Stitch-like trouble making, the AA spewed liquid at the guests. Now that is worth entrance alone. :lol:

That reminds me of the time the Stitch AA spewed battery acid (or something people were allergic to) on guests. That was about two years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom