Stitch's Supersonic Celebration set to close

Jasonflz

Unfortunate, but if Disney are keeping Stitch, it's because the show was 'well-received by guests' -- as much as 626 is shoved down throats, visitors keep asking for more. I can't blame Disney for giving guests what they want (essentially appealing to the lowest common-denominator), as it's foolish to think they don't know what they want and give them something more sophisticated. Not worth the gamble.

If anything, it could be a possibility that the show could return intact but with shade and seats.

Maybe with this show but SGE is a crowd fail. People who are just at the parks don't bother with this show. (5 minute waits usually) SGE received tons of negative reviews. I really don't think people are asking for Stitch.

But then we have this:

From Mouseplanet:

From this article, Stitch isn't coming back. This is one of those wait and sees it looks like.

:) Let's hope this article is correct. Just wait and see.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

A complete and utter waste of space, time, and money... Those people who approved this should have their heads roll...
Phil Holmes? Rasulo?:lookaroun

Please?:lookaroun:lol:
Meet The Robinsons is not as well known as many would like to believe so chances are it won't happen. I really would like to though. (or at least a show starring Timekeeper and the Alien encounter alien.)
YES.:lol:

No problem. I can't definitely see your thinking there.

However, next thing you know in the News and Rumors section:

Phillip Holmes spent all SM's money on Stitch and candy!!!

:ROFLOL:

drew81

Original Poster
Maybe with this show but SGE is a crowd fail. People who are just at the parks don't bother with this show. (5 minute waits usually) SGE received tons of negative reviews. I really don't think people are asking for Stitch.

:) Let's hope this article is correct. Just wait and see.:shrug:

Let's not forget that this news was broke here on WDWMagic. Other Disney sites have jumped on the band wagon about the closure after it was posted on here, (which is fine BTW) and some questioned if what I posted was even true. If there is new info about a new show, more than likely it will be on here first.

Jasonflz

Let's not forget that this news was broke here on WDWMagic. Other Disney sites have jumped on the band wagon about the closure after it was posted on here, (which is fine BTW) and some questioned if what I posted was even true. If there is new info about a new show, more than likely it will be on here first.

I never really thought of that. WDWmagic tends to have alot of information come in first before others so yeah. I just really hope Disney has learned their mistakes and is going to tone down or get rid of Stitch completely.

magicmaya

Agreed

I never really thought of that. WDWmagic tends to have alot of information come in first before others so yeah. I just really hope Disney has learned their mistakes and is going to tone down or get rid of Stitch completely.

Yeah! With all of the hot booing people!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

We really appreciate your news from the entertainment department. Thanks so much for all your updates! :wave:

fantas-mickey

Now I'm mad.:mad:
When I first seen this topic I was hoping that this wasn't true or that they were going to rework the show. I really wanted to see this show but now it looks like I wont get the chance. I love stitch and don't get why there is so much hate on him and I don't think I ever will. The one major reason I wanted to see this show was the fact that stitch interacting with the audience. I always wanted to see and interactive stitch in Disney World after seeing videos of him in California. I hope they keep the interactive stitch and put him in or next to the gift shop of great escape so people can talk to him.

Disneyson 1

^Fair opinion, but as much as I like Stitch, the show itself wasn't very good. And the character interaction was very contrived. It was like: "Hey *insert name*, want me to name a planet after you? Oops, sorry, I blew it up. Cany you forgive me, *insert name?" The script had very little interaction besides inserting names. But if the show was done in a more intamite setting like Turtle Talk, I think it would have done better. And it's not so much the hate of "Stitch", but that Disney's overusing him to make money. They create mostly half-baked and bad shows/attractions based off of him to sell merchendise. THAT'S why we're so excited to see te show leave, to show that bad business will get you nowhere.

P.S. The Stitch show in Disneyland was REALLY GOOD, not anywere near this one.

Captain Chaos

TDO just annouced that Stitch is the most asked about character in WDW. Phil Holmes says " we received hundreds of complaints that there isn't enough Stitch. The guests want Stitch Kingdom. We are going to give them what they want. The flower bed at the Magic Kingdom's entrance will now look like this.."

Entrance

Joking... or am I???

wickedfan07

TDO just annouced that Stitch is the most asked about character in WDW. Phil Holmes says " we received hundreds of complaints that there isn't enough Stitch. The guests want Stitch Kingdom. We are going to give them what they want. The flower bed at the Magic Kingdom's entrance will now look like this.."

Entrance

Joking... or am I???

Is that a real picture? If Tokyo could do it...

Fun2BFree

And it's not so much the hate of "Stitch", but that Disney's overusing him to make money. They create mostly half-baked and bad shows/attractions based off of him to sell merchendise.

Exactly. In the film, Stitch's transformation and appreciation of family makes him a charming and likable character. Unfortunately, Disney have reverted him to mischievousness and shoved that version down everyone's throat. The problem isn't with Stitch per-se, but how Disney have saturated the market with 626. Shades of their handling of WWTBAM on ABC -- they made people sick of a popular gameshow with pure overexposure.

magicmaya

Entrance

Joking... or am I???

**screams very very loud**

Is that real or photoshoped??????

EPCOT Explorer

Entrance
Scary...Even Tokyo messes up.:lol::lookaroun
Joking... or am I???

**screams very very loud**

Is that real or photoshoped??????
Real.

joanna71985

Now I'm mad.:mad:
When I first seen this topic I was hoping that this wasn't true or that they were going to rework the show. I really wanted to see this show but now it looks like I wont get the chance. I love stitch and don't get why there is so much hate on him and I don't think I ever will. The one major reason I wanted to see this show was the fact that stitch interacting with the audience. I always wanted to see and interactive stitch in Disney World after seeing videos of him in California. I hope they keep the interactive stitch and put him in or next to the gift shop of great escape so people can talk to him.

There is no gift shop for SGE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom